Equiping allies

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by valiant Villian, Sep 5, 2021.

1. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I can't seem to equip an ally in support role. I want oracle as a tinkerer to fix armor. How to do this? Only thing I can do is equip an ally in a combat role. Either the robot or Oracle. How do you get them in support role and in the R3 slot?
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You have to ugrade them to rank 3 or 4 to get their support ability before you can equip them for support.
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You have to level them up enough to unlock the passive.
    • Like x 2
  4. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

oracle is 5 star, the robot is 4 star. What do you mean the passive?
  5. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Did that.
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Do you only have Oracle as an ally?

I just tried to do what you are trying to do, and I cannot get her to leave the Combat slot. I wonder if a second ally is needed to swap and then place in support. If so, that seems like a bit of an oversight. I should be able to unequip and then re-equip in support.
  7. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

i have oracle at 5 stars and the robot at 4 stars. So I have two allies.
  8. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Apparently the support role is a passive and you can only equip and ally in the 'combat slot'. The way it is laid out, they make it seem like you have to choose a support slot if you want a support ally. Very confusing interface.
    • Like x 2
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yeah, I re-read that after my post. My mistake. I still think it is odd that I cannot move one ally to the other role once equipped, unless I'm missing some way to change the role.
  10. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I guess you cannot do that. Once an ally is in the combat slot, their passive support role is active as well, as long as they are ranked high enough
    • Like x 1
  11. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

my answer to you came off a bit snarky. I edited and apologize.
    • Like x 2
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Not a problem. I should have realized the first time I read the post that you were referring to the same character having two allies.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lady Mystyk Active Player

Open ally screen, push right dpad, push X, then X again on equip ally.
  14. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

If you have the ally that you want equip as your passive ranked to the appropriate rank then equip the ally as your support, you will get a warning that you are going to unequip the combat ability, you confirm and you're off to the races. Oracle's passive is really good imo and underrated and she has made my repair bots that I've collected out of Booster Bundle's/Lockboxes over the years completely pointless and I thank her for that.
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I feel silly after figuring it out. The interface is not at all intuitive, which is why you and I were both confused. When you first open the allies screen, you have the option to equip a combat ally and two support allies. If you choose EQUIP ALLY under the SUPPORT ALLY 1 or SUPPORT ALLY 2, it then gives you the option to change where your current allies are equipped. You cannot do so by choosing SWAP, which was what I was trying to do (you too?). You need to do it from the ACTIVE TEAM tab instead of the ALL ALLIES tab.
  16. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Managing Allies IS kind of clunky. Hopefully future hotfixes will streamline the process
  17. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

So currently I have a 4 star HoL robot in the combat slot and I have Oracle Bot in Support ally 1 slot. Will oracle be doing her support role on my armor passively from this set up? She is max 5 star and the tinkering skill is active.
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

you need to go to ally and click on change support or what ever it is called. I only have 1 so not sure how having multiple works
  19. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I figured it out. Your Combat ally is the only one you can trigger in battle with the R3 button but your support ally (if you have one in the support slot) is always passively active in the background. You never see them but you are getting their passive benefits.
  20. Mister Hando Active Player

I understand Oracle or Calculator as Mentor. But, why our mentor is not our first ally ?