After Spending Almost $300USD To Level Aquaman This Is What I Found

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Realist617, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

We were told that the ability was only for Earth and Sorcery powers.

Not supposed to work with Robot Sidekick.
    • Like x 1
  2. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

In this case.....

If it IS broke.... don't fixe it.

You can still sell it in the MP even if broken. ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Lets make DCUO free to play but more pay to win in same time :)
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Damage wise, all the same basically it seems. Passive wise, I'm wishing I had a spot for Oracle's while running elites lol. But yeah, those 3 I haven't started playing with yet. They'll be on my 2 lowest alts once my main and then tank alt have theirs done.
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Not calling you out in specific but what did everyone think was going to happen with this game moving much closer to entirely ftp? Are they not allowed to generate income? Is everyone only going to be happy when they see them not making money but not bleeding out? As a biz owner, I'm having a real difficult time figuring out what anyone wants. It has been assumption based arguing about these for days. But actual facts have been thrown out the window. Like fact: there are great free choices. Assumption: they will get nerfed. Fact: the non legendary are very cheap. Assumption: they will get their prices raised.

Getting off topic but I just can't see how anyone expects the game to be worth their effort if they don't make money. Price point is their decision, either get on board or don't. It's ok not to, you aren't getting that elite raid invite because you have maxed allies lol.
    • Like x 8
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

That we'd rather have lootboxes?
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That’s a false dichotomy.
    • Like x 2
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No one is saying they cannot make $$$.

Heck I supported them at every turn.

I bought the Batman cowl fir $20.
    I bought a lot of stufff in the Marketplace in addition to my Subscription.

I want them to make $$$ for their effort.

But....... $75 for ONE Ally??

I am sorry.... I defended them many times through the years when it came to them making $$$ with things like the Batman cowl or the Time Capsules.....
    but this time even I cannot defend this. :(

It would seem that DCUO will become a LOT more expensive for those who actually pay $$$ to support the game.

And ironically enough.... those who play without spending a single red cent got MORE FREE stuff.

Oh.... sweet irony. :confused:
    • Like x 2
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

It is, but anything to get away from the stench of lootboxes.
    • Like x 2
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I hate loot boxes too, but they’ve never demanded that I spend 90$ in one go like this is.
    • Like x 2
  12. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Great and inexpensive choices.
  13. Cordelia Well-Known Player

A really dumb question. Have they said yet that the legendary are marketplace exclusives, or will there be a chance to earn them in game some time in the future? I haven't been paying nearly enough attention. If the former, then I'm disappointed. If the later, then the cash people are putting out is an impatience tax and I haven't got a problem with it, actually.

If they haven't said either way... well. The dynamic here is interesting, that's all.
    • Like x 1
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

They’re not saying anything. They didn’t even announce the release.
    • Like x 1
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Since FOS2e doesn't have any repair bots except at the very beginning, that kinda makes Oracle Bot the move since you can max her out for about $5 or 49 SM's and a week or two of grinding ally xp.
    • Like x 2
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Isn't it $25 to buy them? I'm talking just them. Which is an option since you actually can level them up in game. Slow, yes but it's not like they aren't able to do any double events tied to them. Again, we are assuming they will never be added eventually. We are assuming that double ally weeks won't happen.

As far as their price point, if anyone wants to make then reconsider just don't buy them. Then they will. But you already did. Not blaming you but you literally have already given them a reason not to lower the price. They may choose to never lower the price. That's their business and they can use whatever model they'd like. I'm in am industry where 500% markup is just as common as 25%. I've even seen 1000% markups and product still selling. If they're hopping in their private jets to get to work, good for them. They have every right to be successful just like you or me. No one has right to tell me that my prices are nuts. Many have. So they aren't customers. But thousands of others are so I dont care about the others. That's all they're doing here.

And we all know they aren't going to comment while they see the results of them being released 2 days ago. They will want numbers and knowledge because they are smart.
    • Like x 2
  17. fm0987 Committed Player

Doesn’t nature swarm still work like that? It doesn’t stay active? Is that considered a pet idk
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You need 67 Legendary Alliance to rank them up.

Apparently... yes they did add them to drop in the game at the last minute..... but I would be curious to see what the drop rate is.... because I did not get any yet.

Even if they were to drop one per day.... it would take you 67 days to rank up 1 Legendary Ally.

And it does not drop once per day.
    Once every 2 days?
    Once a week?

What is the drop rate??

How long will it take to rank them up in game???

3 months???
    6 months??
    1 year and a half??

How long?
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

How long does it take you to get an art from 0 to 200 without spending a dime? And they only drop in elites. Which are no longer loot locked so go spam mome or pane or any e. There was 0 reason to have them drop prior to the legebdarys release. Would have just caused confusion. I've gone against the devs. I will go against them again. This isn't something worth getting riled up about. At least not yet. If they nerf cyborg, if they release game breakers, if they don't eventually get added to vendor, I'll join y'all. Till then, no need for assumptions

Edit: sorry for any misspelling. My hands are covered in oil hard to use touchscreen
    • Like x 1
  20. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Thank you for the information. I'm going to wait and see. $25 a pop for the basic ally is too rich for me, so I'm not biting, but I'm hoping there will be a way to get them in game eventually. I know all the stuff you need to upgrade them can be earned in game, although some of it will take a long time to acquire. So, while I'm a bit disappointed still, there's a chance this isn't as obnoxious (to me) as it currently seems.

I admit I can't see this as "pay to win" because they just don't add all that much value to your loadout. These are more like collector's items - Pokemon even. Gotta catch 'em all. Status symbols? Certainly not needed even for end-game players, and almost useless for us filthy casual players. I do hope the whales enjoy their Emperor Aquaman.
    • Like x 3