Where is Joker specially Mark hamil's voice, since 2014

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Toshknight Loyal Player

am curious , its another character but, why is joker not been in any DLC since last laugh, he apeared 1nce or twice, without speaking, he was in the Metal 2 raid only for a sec though, since 2014, we know mark hamil didnt quit or halt his voice option cause they use it still. im tired of the batman who laughs being the new joker, its a cool character but just like any other creepy bad guy , over using , makes it not as good
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

From what I know they did try to organize some more voice recording with Mark Hamill, but it didn't work out for 'reasons'.

But I agree, more actual legitimate Mark Hamill and Joker content in this game was needed, years ago.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

He’s probably too busy swimming in his Stars Wars sequel trilogy money like Scrooge McDuck. :p
    • Like x 2
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Unlike most I’m at the point where I’m ready for them to just recast joker voice acting to a another actor while keeping the mark hamil stuff intact as they did with the old Harley stuff and the Harley stuff since they changed changed her in thst penguin duo

Mark doesn’t wanna do it … why hold a major character from use cause of it.

I don’t care how iconic mark is with the voice it’s time to move on

Since he hasn’t had any real
    Content since the beginning of this game it’s not as tho people can say he’s been over used
    • Like x 5
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think they’re too afraid of the backlash to try and replace him.
    • Like x 1
  6. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Troy Baker did his voice acting Arkham origins and it wasn't to bad. Nothing will be better then Mark Hamil in my opinion but I do miss Joker
    • Like x 2
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Mark is too busy enjoying his millions from Disney; I hope they drop him and do some joker content. It would be nice to have a villain themed Episode in the future.
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Considering there are folks STILL peeved about Booster Gold's voice actor change lurking about, it wouldn't surprise me.

I think we also need to factor in the argument that the Joker is best used sparingly, plus it's a big DC universe (and now apparently multiverse) to play with so there's a lot to work with before having to go back to the Clown Prince of Crime.
    • Like x 1
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Buy those new Allies and they'll be able to afford Mark Hamill.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

actually they re did all of Arleen Sorkin's Harley voices over , when they did the redesign with birds of prey, Arleen Sorkin was the BTAS actress who created Harley Quinn and voiced her, since 1990, and retired in 2015, sadly, the girl they go is really annoying, it would be better if they weren't trying to do a a s impression, but put their own spin on it,

We know and have heard from Kevin Conroy he will always voice batman as long as they ask him, and james marsters as lex luthor in this game, is great, he is a perfect example of his own stamp on it, cause you have the Animated series universe lex by clancy brown , who is on the same level as Kevin Conroy and mark Hamill,

but having James marsters "aka" spike from buffy" doing lex is great cause its not a Clancy impression it is his lex, same with adam Baldwins superman, which i don't think he does superman anymore, id have to look into it more,

but in all

if a actor leaves, they do not keep some of there stuff , and just use new stuff with new actors, that would mean paying 2 different actors for Harley, and believe me, its not Arleen Sorkin's voice, in say, the fun house, just like recasting booster gold, 4 times, they had to have each actor, when the game was new we heard booster gold ALOT, and they had each actor record Every line, and i know it was over 800 lines.

if they , say get troy baker, or someone to do joker, they will re do EVERYTHING, unless it is a multiverse version from another planet, but we haven't see any other jokers, its weird.

to end i do think mark Hamill loves voicing the joker, and i think he will come back, or has not asking much to have his voice kept in game, it would be dumb for them not to keep it at a reasonable price for syndicated voice overs, cause Kevin c, mark h, Adam Baldwin, and Arleen Sorkin were all from the A S, / justice league unlimited universe, but i think the reason they only kept Arleen's voices for a couple years until the B O P Re cast , to re do them all, is cause, they had people probably a developer or a workingin studio woman voicing Harley for chump change while letting the fans keep the Original voice lines for Harley in the older content, but for BOP it was a must do to recast her when making a lot more then 3 or 4 lines a year since her retirement.

they are either waiting to get him to record, and probably Remotely now since they do that, for everything, he can be in a basement in England, while the development HQ is in Texas, lol, but about the star wars stuff, yea, after the last laugh, he got Star wars, did the flash Season 1 and 2 with recurring roll, only one episode a season, but also doing all 3 of those sadly miss made movies, and now has doing the Mandalorian the right way as Luke, i just hope they get him to remotely record some new stuff, cause i don't think he would be in it for the money at this point, now if he was to be in studio and or motion capture.... that's another story, cause it would not be worth it to him, but remote voice recording is , i think he does it for the fans and will leave it in the game and do more eventually, i just want it to come sooner then later, they don't even have a NPC of him anywhere in the new hq i don't think, or do they, i haven't looked.
    • Like x 1
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

You know he begrudgingly accepts that check for what they did to his characters legacy lol

• Like x 1
  12. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

It's an odd situation - I mean mark Hamill is joker to every DC fan but he would cost a fortune despite his new wealth. However, James Marsters as clearly stated he would do it for free since he loves voicing over Lex Luthor in the game.

On a side note didn't the doctors advice Mark stop doing joker since took so much out of him? could be wrong.
  13. Toshknight Loyal Player

Actually, to have someone's voice in the game , you think he isn't getting money for all the voice work that in syndication , they already afford him. and this game makes a lot of money, its the only reason it is up, with the monetization like a mobile game, it happens, they can afford it easily, same with swtor , that game isn't as good as star wars galaxies, but they have a marketplace that has cool style items that they charge a butt load for, and also have the sub plan, even with just 300k players they are good. good enough to render both games a 5 year plan in 2020. that's one of the main reasons, DCUO and SWTOR have been around for the same amount of time, they are the only 2 mmo's that have a f2p option that started out around 2011, late 2010 that were sub only at first but wento f2p FASTER then you can log in, but swtor kept its sub plan for over 2 years then went f2p premium / sub like dcuo , same thing.

so paying mark Hamill, which makes tons of money already and oddly enough from the sequels. makes enough to be worth 15 million dollars up from 10 million before , but i really do believe he does it in part for the fans, some people are like that, and he seems like he would be one of them.

[IMG]
  14. Toshknight Loyal Player

actually i never heard that, it could be true though., but again i dont know why everyone keeps saying it would cost to much to get him back, cause he has a contract with them. so he isn't gone.

i just want one of the Developers to say if the joker is coming back or not anytime soon yes or no
  15. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
  16. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Very true! Over the years they have changed Harley Quinn and Booster Gold voice actors/actresses and they were awful compared to the old cast.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

We don't even have a Joker Ally or Harley Quinn yet.
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

i was not specifically saying you said they couldn't afford mark hamil the joker, i know what u meant but, there was a couple others, and i just grabbed the one with the funny face and bringing the affording mark hamill subject up and clarifying that. but i should of copy pasted all the thread replys.
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I just didn't see the point in you writing that big text just to reply to my joke, lol.
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I literally just reran fun house snd it’s arleens voice still the original Harley voice I grew up with is distinct. They never change changed it… they could do the same for joker is what I’m saying