"Talking DCUO" - New Blog website!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Eve YouTuber

So I thought of something cool I want to do, to continue take advantage of my writing skills and help the community. I started a blog, on twitter, called "Talking DCUO". I shared my thoughts, screenshots from the game, some Dev hints and what not. As it grew with popularity (855 Followers as of now), I decided to extend it to YouTube as a show where I talk everything DCUO - The first episode was kind of all over the place but the second one had a set subject.

Yesterday I decided to create the blog itself! And This is where I invite you guys to bookmark it and come visit anytime, if you are interested in hearing my initial thoughts, speculations and discussion of news and more.

What the website (Blog) offers;
    • Opinioned written blog by me, and in the future have guests sharing their thoughts as well.
    • DCUO Talent show - a show for you to show off your talents. Drawings, styles and bases! will include giveaways in the future :) First episode (Part one) coming next week!
    • Talking DCUO videos - a Podcast where I do some solo subjects and also bring friends to talk our favorite game and chill together. 2 episodes out so far.
    • News and information
    • And more :D

As you can tell I really love the game, and want to share my knowledge and thoughts with the community. :)
    Here is the link, not as fancy as the Gazette had (LOL) but it is what it is for now:
    https://61311b7a75f10.site123.me/
    [IMG]
    • Like x 26
  2. Nimbus Ender New Player

Looking awesome! Cant wait. Keep it up Zoe! WOO. I'm def gonna be in talent show. Mwahahaha :)
    • Like x 4
  3. Bats. New Player

All of these sound great, I’m sure you’ll do an incredible job with the website as always and I’m positive people will find use and enjoyment from it!
    • Like x 3
  4. Eve YouTuber

Thank you guys so much!!! <333
    • Like x 1
  5. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Ooooo sounds very interesting. Look forward to what these talent shows there alot creative ppl on dcuo from people doing mini comic series for or of their characters to people drawing their own original characters to style enthusiats with great styles. I'll just be audience though. News and info is always great. Also another person opionion is always nice but everybody has their own opinion afterall. The website layout not bad either.
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

Thank you!! Looking forward to see people's work :D
  7. MrWood Well-Known Player

This isn't where I parked my car? Oh yeah, do it to it Zoe. I'm not a twitter person myself, but I think it would be enjoyable.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Thank you for taking the initiative to do this on your own time.
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

The parking lot is right there sir ;) Thanks you!!!

Always! I love this community and the game, so I am giving my 100% :)
  10. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Curious... Do you have legal permission to use Warner Bros. and DC intellectual property, images, logos and trade dress?
  11. Eve YouTuber

It's a fan website, so yes. I make no profit off of this. Also if you read Daybreak's TOS, you are allowed to do this to support the game.
  12. MrWood Well-Known Player

Don't need it unless you are selling something, or damaging the company. They will send a cease and desist if they don't like something.
    • Like x 1
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

" fair use " & " fan site " should cover her. it only becomes a problem if she's earning money out of it, & even then there's a fair bit of lee-way.
    • Like x 2
  14. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Many years ago I started a fan club/newsletter for a product, created a logo and a name which had the name of the product in it. The company sent a lawyer and wanted to license to me the derived name I had created.
  15. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

My understanding is that a company that doesn’t challenge unauthorized use of its trademarks can lose them.
  16. Eve YouTuber

The Devs have promoted My Gazette website in the past... there is many websites out there, a DCUObot, YouTubers, Streamers. It's probably different today than it was back then. Daybreak gives permission to make content as well, and it includes DCUO.
  17. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

check this out.
  18. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  19. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

What I was especially concerned about was the use of the DCUO logo, not specific game assets, i.e Wonder Woman image, etc. I don’t see any reference to that.
  20. MrWood Well-Known Player

You dealt with a company that I hope you stopped supporting.
    • Like x 1