NO SOURCE MARKS FOR END-GAME CONENT??!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Con, Sep 2, 2021.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'll answer cuz I'm just clearly living on this forum trying to save my favorite game. Yes, a ton. When it was new and still did when the next dlc came out. My gaming life was log in on my lowest toon. Run the dailies. On reset day, even if I was currency capped, I would run the the previous dlcs raids and do the open world bounties for source. Then I would do my dailies and all weeklies, still even if currency capped, on the most current. Then repeat that 3 more times thru the weekend.
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

Good post, which I enjoyed reading.

At every opportunity, the development team take existing endgame players for granted. This is no different. They want us to nurse newer players through old content by taking source marks off us and putting them in old content. While I accept that new player recruitment and retention is to everyone’s advantage, I won’t be coerced into running older content clamped just to give newer players a better experience. That’s not a fair proposition.
    • Like x 3
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It's a solid point but if the old content is open to replay endlessly, why does it matter if we're double dipping? The current currency is still capped so even with considering it doubled, it's far less than we could get going in on the dd and fos3 spams
    • Like x 1
  4. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Seriosuly, what?

Nevermind, you're refusing to see the problem.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So those <6 min FOS3 runs everyone is spamming? Those are because it's not 'overly easy'? Some in here have been saying HOW easy it is....(and in a made group I'd agree). And sorry, but 2 pieces of currency (tokens+source) is more than 1 piece (tokens alone)...so yes...you get something, but it's not the same amount.

So if they rolled back clamps and left the source marks? You figure people would stop spamming FOS3 cause it would be 'not fun' getting marks in <3 min? Aw...bless your heart.
  6. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

What suggestions would you make instead of stat clamping? I can't speak to the least two years, but when this topic was broached there was a whole lot of "no stat clamping", but no acknowledgment of the problem nor suggestions to alleviate the problem.
  7. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Oh, they wouldn't stop. But I wouldn't be here playing the game.
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

What’s the problem?
  9. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

For a start, as I've said in what seems like a thousand posts already even before this DLC launched, revert source mark rewards to EXACTLY how they were before for endgame content, with daily/weekly locks and all. You can't farm that ad infinitum, so if you still want marks, go do the old crap after.
  10. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

I think you're just trolling now, so I will direct you to my original post that you replied to. It's in the first line!
  11. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Really, this is your solution
  12. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

If your only gripe is being able to get source marks in your daily endgame content... use the time you saved from them eliminating those things. I didn't say you'd like the solution, only came up with one that can be done relatively quickly. I dunno what to tell you. There was a problem, nobody suggested a viable alternative to this as a solution, and thus this is what happened. This problem has existed for 6-7 years now. Its not new, and its been ignored by the community and the devs the whole time until now. I'm guessing because they couldn't ignore the decay in the player base due to less than expected new user retention anymore with the attrition happening at the top.
    • Like x 1
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

“ Terrible idea and it solves nothing - endgame is still dead to the community unless they restore source mark rewards - that's the problem!”

That’s the point I was trying to make, what if you could convert the endgame currency into source marks?

Otherwise it’s a 2 v 1 reward imbalance, which disincentives someone from going to Atlantis and continues pigeon-holing the majority of the community in the most recent episode. Do you see that as a problem or no?
  14. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

It's not an imbalance as old content can be run over and over and over and over ad infinitum for marks - now THAT'S an imbalance!

I'm not asking for that for endgame, just what we had before. I'd argue it takes an average casual player about 15-45mins to do dailies in endgame (bar queue time), depending on their skill/luck. It's really not asking for much! Maybe add 15-20mins per raid if you do those too.

EDIT:
    I'm talking FP only here, not the other 2.
    • Like x 2
  15. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Endgame raids only take 15-20 minutes? Wow. Thats..interesting.
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Man, you really *have* been gone a while. :p
    • Like x 2
  17. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Yeah, my last content was chaos gotham. The main raid there took an hour easy.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Really? Were you running elite?
  19. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Sure, in FP anyway. FttF is one room, 3 fights, ~5mins each? I think that's a reasonable assumption. FV is around the same with a few mins of add clearing between. Never really timed them so sorry if my timings are not 100% accurate!

And even if they do take you longer, endgame raids are run once a week so if they revert back to the mark rewards with a weekly lock, it's not really gonna consume all your average players daily HoL time.
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol ohhhh boy you have been gone for awhile. CouR is like 6mins. One of the flashpoint one is like 7 or 8mins in regular. Elite brings them up to maybe 15mins. The speed run contest I was talking about, the library raid you did, we were at 12mins for elite and that was watching the cut scenes.