DCUOs Music/Composer?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Revafall, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Revafall Well-Known Player

Hi All,

Does anybody know if the game has an in-house Composer to write the music? I seem to only hear old music in content and some of the music in end-game seems very underwhelming, and doesn't sound like somebody is hard at work making engaging and immersive soundscapes...
    When it's there, it only lasts a minute and then silence (looking at you House of Legends and Watchtower). Personally it kind of breaks immersion for me a little bit... It would be great if the music could be a bit more dynamic and start playing randomly, instead of only when you enter certain zones and then there is silence afterwards - Silence is good, because you need to rest your ears sometimes, but I do think the game could have a bit more going on in the sound and atmosphere/ambience department.

Does DCUO not have a dedicated sound team? Is Gerard Marino not working on the game anymore? His music in vanilla game was quite good, especially the battle music.

Any thoughts/insight? :)
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They did great with the Metal II music.
  3. Revafall Well-Known Player

Actually yes, that was pretty good and different. I just wish we knew who is in charge of the music. :)