+10cr is a joke for generous stats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Essential Exobyte, Aug 31, 2021.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

The other half is...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

True, but having seven potentially impatient players watching me impotently flail as I “practice” won’t do my anxiety any favours.
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Chamomile Tea and natural beta blockers maybe...?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Dont see the relevance but thats a good question
    Even w/out arts we were beating all these raids, hunting the feats out of them etc, all with no arts, no augments, minimal sp etc. even if u take arts away we now have an extra 10 cr worth of stats, loads of extra sp, etc.
    We still have a massive advantage over when the content was relevant so i still say theres no excuse for people to be struggling. This is 100% a quality of player issue not a design issue.
    The raids are flat out cake compared to at relevancy
    • Like x 5
  5. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

I think my follow-up question is… how was the rest of your raid group? I’m assuming there were four other DPS.
    • Like x 1
  6. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Another perspective I add is that I did the Event version of FOS2 with a newbie healer and controller, with me as Ice Tank.
    All DPS were clamped to 83, healer was 60, troller was 75. Oddly enough, three people ran tank.

It was easy— Mind you, FOS2 is the raid I’ve done most in this game, but none if it felt like a struggle… even when one of the tanks just left the group and tried to solo the Bridge… or 5 people went down one hallway and left 3 DPS in another, or how we had one player that AFK’d half the time… or the fact that all the non-tanks died against the last boss and the 3 tanks three-manned the last boss when it still had 80% health.

As I understand the event version of FOS2, it’s still the same one we’ve always been doing but we’re clamped to CR83. Given all the errors our group made, we still got through it pretty comfortably.
    • Like x 1
  7. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I have a novel suggestion, I know its a bit radical thinking here, so bear with me. How about we keep the stats/CR we get from our current set of gear and keep that in all content that we go in.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Might I also suggest Twinings Earl Grey?
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

~sips some Earl Grey first ... mmm~ I can't believe I of all people is going to say this but they can't let us keep the stats/CR we get from our current gear when we go into Omnibus content because it will defeat what they are trying to accomplish with Episode 41. Having said that, I feel the stats clamp is too aggressive and makes my progression feel useless. I believe I read somewhere it is 10 CR above the content, oh yeah the title of this thread lol. I do not know if that is accurate but I can say that to me it is too much of a clamp.

My enjoyment with the game is currently gone and I am taking a break from it this week. Hopefully some hot fixes or patches will restore that 'feeling powerful' attribute.
    • Like x 2
  10. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

They wanted us to run classic/legacy content, and the way they achieved that was through the feats in the older DLCs, iconic styles, and the "run x amount of solos/duos/alerts/raids". So what if a few high level players omnibus into a League Hall Lockdown and annihilate everything....so the hell what. I've already run Phantom Zone 1000+ times both when the content was the latest thing and also afterwards chasing the OP head for the style. And the same thing goes with Rip In Time, Prison Break etc. I've already run the classic/legacy content hundreds upon hundreds of times already and they want me to run it more? I'm more accepting of them scaling up a legacy raid just to farm the latest marks/gear. But I abhor the Omnibus system where I'm clamped down to farm something just for marks, because at the end of the day thats the only reasonable explanation for the Omnibus system. Lets face it, its only their for source marks...and I'm fine with that as an alternate way to farm SM, but I should get SMs from the latest content too. And if they are going to force the Omnibus on us the only way to farm SMs, then I shouldn't be clamped...OR make it optional. That way for the players have already run the legacy content so much we lost count, its quick and painless for the vets.

To boil this down, I'm not against stat clamping, I never was. I wasn't against the seasonal stat clamping as a whole, what I'm against is the making it mandatory when you know damn good and well they don't have to make it mandatory.
    • Like x 2
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I'm only pointing out the most likely reasons for the stat clamp as a result of the Omnibus system being mandatory to get source marks. I hate being stat clamped, I don't like the idea of it, and I am in no way defending it, so please don't attack me for it.
  12. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Not attacking, just pointing out my viewpoint explaining my viewpoint.
  13. shoegazer Well-Known Player

quote="Tiffany6223, post: 4433423, member: 407022"]I'm only pointing out the most likely reasons for the stat clamp as a result of the Omnibus system being mandatory to get source marks. I hate being stat clamped, I don't like the idea of it, and I am in no way defending it, so please don't attack me for it.[/quote]

Just in case you're unaware, there's a survey in the Announcements section...another chance to tell them how you feel

nevermind...just saw you were telling people in another thread..haha
    • Like x 1
  14. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

WHAT!? You mean we should just keep all that max gear, max artifacts, max augments, etc. and just keep the CR we EARNED through years of subscribing and playing the game? We should just get to keep the progress we earned? We should actually feel like a super in a super hero/villain game? We should just get to stroll through low level content just because we earned it?

• Like x 1
  15. Lady Mystyk Active Player

Do you feel weak in the end game content also?
  16. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

YUP.

Because the vets have already run that low level content hundreds upon hundreds of times already when it was at tier.
  17. MrWood Well-Known Player

Just curious. I like stat comparisons like that. It would be relevant only if the stats aren't the same as they were 10 years ago when we were clearing it with out arts, which they likely aren't. I more so curious of how BIG of difference do the arts make, and the answer I would like would be in mins, or damage number differences (not expecting you to answer that.)
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

No, I am very strong and very powerful.
  19. Lady Mystyk Active Player

Then why do you feel weak in the lower content just because you are stat clamped?
    • Like x 2
  20. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I agree, with the exception of players trying to still steamroll through and ignoring mechanics, I have had no issues with 95% of the stuff I have run....and I would say 80-85% have been pug groups. Outside of player issues where some refuse to change gears a little and still try to ignore mechanics or work against the group, honestly most issues I have run into is "oh duh" moments from not running certain things for a while and remembering what the mechanics are in some areas.