+10cr is a joke for generous stats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Essential Exobyte, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

they don't care. you're on your own. your feelings / your experience don't matter. Doesn't Play the F*%$ing Game Anyway & Super Sucker 3000 have spoken! git gud, I guess.
    • Like x 4
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, I’ve since found out that in Solowing’s eyes I’m just collateral. Their actual words.
    • Like x 3
  3. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Not sure what you mean by that. However all I'm trying to say is the mechanics should not be ignored and 6 DPS per raid is faceroll content. I still think stat clamp is important to make the game playable again.
    • Like x 2
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Sometimes the mechanics are just too much for some of us. :(
    • Like x 1
  5. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Dying to belong*
  6. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Sad to hear that. However this is normal difficulty and should require all roles to complete outside of solo and duo content as well as events or seasonals. This is the game we had 2011-2014. The way it was designed. It's finally a challenge again.
    • Like x 3
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Now if they can just clamp the damage on pvp.....
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Who said anything about not needing roles?
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I think everyone thinks 9001bpm is against the clamp. They are not and have been supportive of it the entire time. A looser clamp is the request and not a terrible one. The content should have the ability to be slightly over geared. Originally we all thought we would be clamped 3 dlcs above content. Now it's barely above it. I'll keep saying it, not my problem since I won't be in old content with randoms but at some point, everyone will want exactly what they're asking for

Edit: I believe I'm starting to see why everyone is so split on this and unable to understand differing opinions. Some are running with friends and some are running with pugs. Some are running old old old easy stuff and some are running newer but still clamped and then some more are running elites which were already a challenge pre clamp. The ones that are trying the hardest aspects of the game will want to over gear. Go run PCE right now. Most groups were failing pre clamp. Let me know how it goes and if you still disagree that the clamp should be looser. If the devs would like to make it so elites are 30cr over and regular is 10 cr over, then do that and give it a whirl. Either way, stop dismissing others ideas because you personally are having an easier time running joke level content with a built group. Some are trying to find balance to hard content
    • Like x 4
  10. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

I'm pugging. Love the challenge. The only true failure is failing to learn. I'm always willing to help.
    • Like x 4
  11. zNot Loyal Player

I also think that the devs overrate 10 crs which also explains why we can do elite raids day one with previous episode stats/cr
    • Like x 2
  12. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Particularly when you substitute BOURBON for milk :p
    • Like x 2
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

What are you pugging? I've got guesses in my head and none of them are difficult instances so this is where players can prove me wrong. Did you pug ZooE or Pane or anything with an E in it yet?
    • Like x 2
  14. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

The devs are aware of our feedback and are keeping track. The clamp will be tweaked and adjusted along the way. Personally, I haven't had any issues with feeling weak. But I guess weak is subjective.
    • Like x 1
  15. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

I disagree. I’ve actually found that groups who are +10 CR, have some artifacts and stat points, and a certain understanding of the raids are burning things pretty quickly. Are we one-shotting things? No, and the boss mechanics are actually getting to be expressed…. I think they’ve found the right sweet spot, though they still have to tune a number of instances.

I ran Happiness Home and things were burning pretty quick. It was a good run. The group failed though because there wasn’t any teamwork or understanding how to get through it and I think that’s a reasonable expectation for that raid.
    • Like x 1
  16. shoegazer Well-Known Player

This game was also designed to be a progression/power growth based game..a lot of in game progress has been made since 2014..a lot of time effort and money has been put in since 2014..playing the game the way that it was designed

just about everyone I've seen, including myself, that is anti-clamp thinks that you should have the option to play old clamped on duty instances if that's what you want...the option...

But we should have the option to play them and not be clamped..our problem is that we're being forced to play clamped..and it's not just some things....it's everything..the entire game has been clamped

Also if you're under the impression that most of us can't finish clamped content, you're mistaken...a good portion of us have played this game for the better part of a decade, are at endgame, around the 500 SP mark, have 160-200 lvl artifacts..

A good portion of us don't need to "get good"...we're good..you see a good portion of us played all this stuff at level..over and over..that's how we got to where we are..earning it through time and effort..and we don't like that time and effort being **** on...we don't like being forced back down to levels we've far surpassed..we've earned the right to blow through low level **** if we want..we earned it by playing the game the way they designed it..they way it's been for a decade

We're not voicing our displeasure to take things away from you...we're voicing our displeasure because they are taking things away from us
    • Like x 2
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This wasn’t my experience. I ran Happiness Home this weekend and felt very weak in it. Unclamped I am CR341 with all 200 arts and 237 augments, 354 sp and all white mods added. I believe the augments can now be increased, but I digress. Happiness Home took us 54 min to complete after several failed attempts and multiple people leaving. My only other experience in a raid was in Throne and that one took us 101 minutes 12 seconds.

I truly don’t understand what I am missing here. I have yet to feel powerful in any clamped content and it has even had me wondering about my solo experience in Wonderverse lol.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's when you take a deep breath, walk away for a minute, and then come here and ask for advice (like you have done in the past). Then you get back in there armed with knowledge and beat the content.
    • Like x 4
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

And don’t think I’m not grateful! But there have been some very extreme instances where knowing really was only half the battle.
  20. MrWood Well-Known Player

Generally curious, has a team of 8 with NO ARTS ran the raids in the current conditions? I wonder what the time difference would be. I know they would finish, but is a 4 min difference? or something like 10 mins and above.