Stat clamping, first experience

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I will assume they were on test. Then they teach others live, and then those players explain to the others. But some people will learn and others won't. DCUO was never a trial and error game. If you played DCUO for a long time for the most part if something appears on the ground that wasn't there before, don't stand in it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

See you soon, my clone. :D

• Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

if you like, id be happy to post screenshots of opinions on it
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is important (at least for us) to try to separate the pure stat scaling feedback from the outlying content or bosses or mechanics.

What we're finding is that content that was overly/manually buffed or nerfed is too hard/too easy. We knocked out a bunch of these, but obviously it's a big game and there are still outliers. These are still being hit as we get reports and as we play live, so please keep sharing when something feels off.

The general scaling feedback is very important too - we're taking it all in still - it's just easier to sort through if it can be separated from a one-shot that shouldn't be a one-shot, etc.
    • Like x 6
  5. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Thank you. Please don't over nerf the bosses. Their attacks should not be burned through.
    • Like x 1
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I ran Smallville today and was clamped to 83 cr and when you get to the part where you have to carry a Doom citizen as a tank with full tank gear while holding the Doom civilian, I noticed the doom npcs were taking a big load of my health. There's so many content to go through that I feel it's going to take too long to find noticeable differences in each instances. I wanted to que up for Gorilla Island to see how that fairs but so far haven't gotten the pleasure of it.
    • Like x 2
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

That's still not a good reason to blame the stats but maybe the update since, in general updates are known to break things while fixing one end, and that's in any game.
  8. Nangaf Well-Known Player

I love the game now, we back in 2011 finally, the game need role now not only dps who can kill everything in 2sec. It sure humans dont like change but people will eventually adapt. Players need to learn mech now, many players dont know the mech because when you play in raid tier 1 with cr365 you dont need to lean mech, but now you have no choice to learn, is a good thing.
    Im sure many players who dont like the change is maybe the dps role because you loose the power of kill a boss in 2sec( but you can always see the difference between high dps and low dps in the gameplay, two 83cr not do the same damage if you know to play vs new player).
    The game is a mmo, not a solo game so now you need teammate now. I see great change now but some thing are not 100% good like omnibus menu, really hard to understand, howi can queu for a raid,alert,duo in the same time.
    I really like the scale cr in raid,alert,duo,solo but i think maybe you need to remove that in open world, or it take 1000000h to do bounty
    An other thing need to change is the reward in raid,alert,duo,solo, i think you need to upgrade that, now raid take like x3 time than before maybe reward need to be x3 of what it is now something like that.

In general i reallly like the change of the game. (i play this game from day 1)
    developer continu you great job you are going in the right direction.

( all i write is my opinion and everyone can have one)
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Most productive feedback given this far……..
    Give better (much better) rewards For omnibus.

Bottom line, the point of omnibus is to get us in old content and give newer people a chance to play the content yes?
    Well, what you have done with omnibus is de-incentivised us doing it. There is nothing worth doing it for. You risk subjecting yourself to potentially hours and hours of failure and frustration and also potentially wont even be rewarded for it.
    Thats ALOT to ask of your end game players. If you want us doing it and want us helping then make it worth our while to do. Till then, in your own words “we will find the path of least resistance”.
    I want this to work, i genuinly do but as designed, its harming more than helping
    • Like x 4
  10. Shalayah Committed Player

I don’t know how a player would be incapable of improving, but if that’s the case. They shouldn’t tank ever again..

If there’s no tank power DPS with a tank armory then you have 3 options. You can leave as the group is bust, you can stay and figure out creative ways to beat the content (this is actually fun btw) or just kick the useless tank if they aren’t trying to be better. Your choice in the matter.
    • Like x 3
  11. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Ok I have a suggestion look int PZE 1st boss, his popcorn AOE shouldnt be a ONE SHOT. Its a ONE SHOT even if you block.. Thats pretty OP as a mechanic.. DCUO doesn't really promote MOBILITY, so there is no way to hit that with HIGH ACCURACY in such a small window..

His red skulls go off way tooo fast as well.. IS IT POSSIBLE to INCREASE THE SIZE OF RED SKULLS?? Isnt there any other way we can make it ALERT your Screen outside of that small ICON.. Its alot of effect MADNESS going on sometimes and most people cant see which characters are doing their RED SKULL effect..

DCUO needs to do a better job at alerting players when BOSSES are doing their RED SKULLS vs like Ads RED SKULLS.. My two cents.. Check your MESSAGES mepps i have a question for you..
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

I don’t understand what you’re driving at. All of a sudden I’m dying to an attack in old content, just as my stats have been reduced, and you’re saying it’s some other update? Like what?
    • Like x 1
  13. lakereric New Player

I don't like this stat clamp at all. I'm nothing to all of you but I've spent a lot of money on my character and it was fun to blow steam after work and destroy with one shot in older content and when I needed a challenge I went to elite raids and used my tank role to my best ability. Thanks for not even giving me a choice in this change. I will leave after this month's membership. it "was" fun but not anymore for me. You bleed for money and you change the game. I won't pay for something I don't enjoy.
    • Like x 3
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m sorry, do you want more support role players or not?! See, this is exactly the sort of elitist double think that is making clamping look bad right now. One shotting Scarecrow in Arkham Asylum doesn’t help anyone, but neither does being no more than 10cr over content ever.
    • Like x 1
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

They can’t be reasoned with. I wasn’t even against clamping. We were too powerful in content below a certain level, I can agree with that but this clamp is clearly excessive in raids, at least.
    • Like x 1
  16. hhussk01 New Player

Would it be fair to say that Stat-Clamping is only going to work if everyone spends time learning:
    a) Their role mechanics
    b) and, The raid mechanics
    c) and, other mechanics like (artifacts, etc) ?

If this is true, how many hours would we expect this to take?

Do you believe the casual gamer will be likely to invest in this Return on Investment?

Apologies in advance: I'm very interested in hearing from expert players.
    • Like x 3
  17. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I get what you're saying, but the name one update that went smooth without creating any bugs elsewhere.
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Are you saying the game should be dumbed down to account for them? Because peoples ego's were kinda out of control the last few years. For me this update made alot of those voices go dead silent. People are having problems in runs and cant get through them, and here i am. I havent run anything in years and went from CR 260 to CR 325 in a matter of days nearly entirely on solo queue Omnibus raid runs not knowing any of the fights.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

It takes however long it takes for any given individual player to choose to want to learn, the longer someone takes to learn these things the harder things are always going to be for them.

Player are in control of their own pursuit of knowledge, the only person holding any individual player back is themselves.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I'm just saying the bug you've experienced is most likely this update and not stats clamp itself.