Dev Discussion Episode 41: Pet Vendor and Iconic Weapon Styles

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hello all.

Combat Pet Tier Vendor

Chang Tzu in the House of Legends offers new versions of the existing pets that have been released previously in various Tiers. He will offer Tier 1 through Tier 3 for all Combat Pets (Turrets and Mobile Pets) with the exception of Survival Mode pets. Those pets will stay on the Survival Mode vendors when they periodically return for new seasons.
    • Any player can obtain a Tier 1 pet with just Source Marks.
    • Players who want a Tier 2 pet must obtain all Normal Mode Headlines from the content related to said pet and pay an increased amount of Source Marks from Tier 1.
    • Players who want a Tier 3 pet must obtain all Normal Mode Headlines and all Elite Mode Headlines from the content related to said pet and pay an increased amount of Source Marks from Tier 2.
    • Pets that were found on other vendors have been moved to Chang Tzu and converted to Source Marks to purchase.
    Two new pets have been added - Controlled Starro and Juvenile Phoenix.

Rare Tiered Combat Pet drops have been added to the following content:
    • Orion in Patchwork Theymscira now drops a Tier 3 Mother Box
    • Grail in Fractured God Sphere Raid now drops a Tier 2 and Tier 3 Father Box in Normal and Elite mode
    • Mordru in the Convergence of Unmaking Raid now drops a Tier 2 and Tier 3 Ensorcelled Gem Turret in Normal and Elite mode
    • Vampire Lord in the Darkness Rising Alert now drops a Tier 2 Vampire Bat
    • Cerberus in the False Idols Raid now drops a Tier 2 and Tier 3 Snake Turret in Normal and Elite mode
    • Corum Rath in the Throne Raid now drops a Tier 2 and Tier 3 Atlantean Seahorse in Normal and Elite mode
    • Starro in the Threat Below Raid now drops a Tier 2 and Tier 3 Controlled Starro in Normal and Elite mode
    • The Arena fight in the God of Monsters Raid now drops a Tier 2 and Tier 3 Juvenile Phoenix in Normal and Elite mode
    These pets grant feats similarly to the Nightmare Bat and Brainiac Turret. These pets can be traded. Pets from Chang Tzu are account bound and do not count towards the feats associated with the rare drop versions.

Any Elite content before Earth 3 had no Elite Headlines. They all do now. To earn those Elite Headlines you will need to rerun that Elite content.

Iconic Weapon Styles

A new rare drop has been added to content. These will drop off MOST versions of the related Iconic in content, meaning that the Merciless will drop the God Killer weapon box in Metal 1 Raid 1 and in Metal 2 Raid 2 where he shows up and is defeatable in both locations. Any qualifying Iconic in Elite content has a higher drop rate for the weapon style.

Please note that if a weapon cannot be tinted, that will not be changing in this update. Some weapons will not be tintable on purpose and others will get updates to make them tintable - all on a case by case basis. Materials and Chromas should be applicable to the vast majority of them, however.

The current list of weapons:
    • Hawkman Mace
    • Hawkgirl Mace
    • Joker Crowbar
    • Joker Long Barrel Pistols
    • Joker Trick Pistols
    • Heat Wave Pistols
    • Sunblade
    • Winterblade
    • Aqualad Swords
    • Merciless Sword
    • Indigo Staff
    • Riddler Staff
    • Nekron Scythe
    • Drowned Trident
    • Zeus Staff
    • Hades Staff
    • Spear of Destiny
    • Alan Scott Sword
    • Mr. Freeze Rifle
    • Mr. Freeze Pistols
    • Steppenwolf Axe
    • Huntress Crossbow Dual Pistols
    • Huntress Crossbow Rifle
    • Ares Sword
    • Harley Quinn Mallet
    • Aquaman Staff
    • Wonder Woman Shield and Sword
    • GCDP Batman Shield
    • Cybernetic Lex Shield
    • Steel's Hammer
    • Green Arrow's Bow
    • Deathstroke's Sword
    • Batman's Batarang
    • Damian Wayne's Katana
    • Gentleman Ghost's Cane and Gun
    • Weather Wizard's Wand
    • Deathstroke's Sword
    • Green Arrow's Bow
    • Penguin Umbrella Rifle and One Handed Weapon
    Weapons that have multiple versions that make sense and look good have been grouped in a box for selecting ONE of the styles. Examples: Joker Box has both types of pistols, the 1h crowbar and the dual wield crowbars. Huntress Box has dual pistol crossbows and rifle crossbows. Merciless Box has 1h, 2h, and dual wield God Killer.

Thanks!

Known Issues:
    • Alan Scott in the JSA Metropolis Wing does not drop a Starheart Sword Style box
    • Like x 5
  2. Eve YouTuber

• Players who want a Tier 3 pet must obtain all Normal Mode Headlines and all Elite Mode Headlines from the content related to said pet and pay an increased amount of Source Marks from Tier 2.
    I already have the headlines, do I need to re-get them? Because for example I ran Olympus E and GOM E a lot of times in the past and got their Elite headlines as well as normal ones. Why am I not qualified to get it?
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

I should have notated that. Those older raids didn't have Elite Headlines. They do now. You will have to run those again. There is NO other way to track them unfortunately.
    • Like x 5
  4. SilkyPawz Bunny

I don't think then there should be feats assigned to these pets.
    • Like x 2
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

There are and they aren't going anywhere. If you don't want to run the Elite content again to get a Headline to buy the Pet off the vendor or to farm Normal or Elite for the rare drop that has the feat, then you can buy the Pet off of the Broker from someone who did run that content and put the pets on the broker. The ones found on the broker are the ones that have feats.

The same feat can be gained from running the Normal Mode content as well. The feat is to equip a rare drop Tier 2 OR Tier 3. If you want just a Tier 2 pet because you ran the Normal mode content already then you can buy that from the Vendor and it has no Feat.

You have options.

The rare drop and feat set up is the same as it was for the pets in EP40. It's not a new set up. What is new is that you can buy these items not using the broker and running the content to qualify to get them off Chang Tzu.
    • Like x 4
  6. SilkyPawz Bunny

Thank you, glad to know there are other options, I wasn't aware these would be drops as well. :)
  7. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

No iconic hand blasters? How about the iconic blaster bracelets of Booster Gold for us Blaster users?
    • Like x 2
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'll admit that there being feats attached to each individual one seems odd. I would have thought there would just be one feat for acquiring A tier 3 pet. But considering I basically got 6 free sp from villain styles that dropped in lockboxes, a few more for relatively few source marks and that there aren't as many feats associated with the episode, I can't complain about the pet feats.
    • Like x 1
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Where do the Aqualad swords drop? We don't fight him anywhere and only fight with him in the Atlantis alert. Is that where it drops?
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Flashpoint open world.
    • Like x 1
  11. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I really like this iniciative:) Thanks for making run old raids fun:)
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

What are the chances that Wonder Woman's Weapon Box drops from Queen Diana aswell (Well Multiversal Wonder Women) or Star Sapphire Wonder Woman?
  13. SilkyPawz Bunny

The pets from Ching Zu DO NOT count towards the Pet feat, Only the Dropped ones. I am ok with that.
  14. Tree Well-Known Player

Could Wonder Woman from Batman's illusions in the Metal 2 duo drop her sword and shield? And she's considered a sub boss there, right? Do sub bosses also have a chance of dropping iconic weapons?
  15. Alexei Shostakov New Player

Hello. Can anyone explain to me why even though I have all the headlines of the "Amazon Fury Part III" and "Justice League Dark" episodes, including elites which I've made by the dozens over the years and completed their renowns, I'm not allowed to buy the respective pets from these episodes on NPC Chang Tzu?

This bug needs to be fixed. I'm a US PC/PS player.
    • Like x 1
  16. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Regarding weapons, i'm hoping we can see these ones in the next batch

Clayface brawlers- weapon held 111
    Ras Al Gul Sword -Weapon held 106
    OG Harley mallet -weapon held 105
    Joker Gold Club -weapon Held 107

Twoface Tommy Gun

Gorilla Banana Pistol -weapon Ranged DPSTL 110
    Banana Rifle Weapon Ranged Rifle 114
    Those would be perfect drops for grodd, wondering if the work as DW/1h as well :)
  17. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Can the iconics during leveling missions drop their weapons?
    • Like x 1
  18. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

yes
  19. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I hope that's the case for Alan Scott, otherwise.... eek.
  20. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Something is definitely wrong with the Alan Scott weapon drop . I've ran the JSA Metropolis Wing on my villain a few dozen times and have gotten a few Hawkgirl mace drops but zero Alan Scott weapon drops.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.