An idea regarding source marks.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Aug 30, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Some people don’t want to run clamped content, and others have noticed a nosedive in participation in Flashpoint/Legion etc.
    What if the endgame instances that aren’t in the very latest episode were to drop source marks? Perhaps a reduced amount to compensate for the fact that you’re still getting episode currency that will also be converted down the road, if deemed necessary.

Maybe this idea could help solve both problems?
    • Like x 3
  2. Dev72 Dedicated Player

End game content will be relevant again in November. The reason for the drop in participation of FP is that end game players had to run that content ad nauseum because there was nothing else worth running. It was to a point I was just running the vault and stabilizer..then logging off because it got boring to run the same thing over and over again.

The update provides more options for running content that establishes an end goal much like that of end game content while helping newer players, certain end game players, and some veterans who forgot to understand the importance of the (oh horror of horrors) team work and communication while getting to know why mechanics can't just be curb stomped by burn alone.
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Just trying to find a compromise.
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Good idea. Make it full marks though.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Define reduced amount though? what are you hoping to buy with said amount of source marks and how long is an acceptable time, let's say you got half of what you previously got, let's say

raids = 30 per week
    alerts = 42 per week
    solo/duos = 21 per week
    open world weeklies = 36 per week
    open world dailies = 84 per week

Rough Total = 213 per week (it would take you about 3.5 weeks to get enough marks for a tier 3 pet)

Let's look at the equivalent based on running old clamped content

The extent to what end clamped content you run, if source marks is your concern, is more in your control now than it was under relevancy including even if you reduced end game source marks to half.

Stop approaching it in a state of panic, but organize your time and goals. If say you want 700 marks for that tier 3 sea horse that doesn't drop for you, you know that you need to run 700 solos, each one will take 2 minutes

which means it's going to take 1400 minutes or 23.3 hours of running solos, if you ran an hour each day of your game time in solo's then this would take you 23 days.

Obviously the more other stuff you run such as dailies, weeklies, raids, alerts that you can get done outside of that hour reduces your requirement.

However, given nothing is loot locked as it would be in end game, you're entirely in control of this grind, let's say you wanted to get the sea horse in half the time, well then that's easily do-able by simply increasing what you run, even solo's if that's what you need.

You should be approaching this with a clear goal in mind and then it's not even remotely daunting when you realise it's a mathematical equation. :)
    • Like x 5
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Wont solve the nosedive at endgame.
    What they did (unintentionally) by removing source from endgame is 2 things.
    1) massivly shortened the life of the content because now on e we have the gear/feats, we have 0 incentive to run it and as is already apparent, we are NOT running it lol
    Thats VERY bad
    2) the point was to get us in old content with newer player and that too has backfired as the path of least resistance will ALWAYS be found and used thus the FOS3 spam

So neither goal was met and both were actually 100% countered

By my count thats:
    Devs 0
    Community 2
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t really care about either issue on a day-to-day basis. I’ve added Atlantis open world to my daily/weekly itinerary and am happy to leave it there generally. I’m just trying to help other people out.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

the mathematical equation applies to everyone.
  9. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

You can always buy source marks too.
  10. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

6 hours running FoS 3 and you have 700 marks.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Objectors have offered to compromise in one way or the other almost since the announcement of the clamps and been met with brick wall arguments the whole time. Defenders of the clamp and changes do not want compromise. This is because they know down deep if you laid out any path other than running clamped, most people would take it. Most will even openly admit it because they know they themselves would be taking it.

Compromise is irrelevant....
    [IMG]

PS....FOS3 and bounty spamming proves it. Marks are the draw...not the challenge, not the teaching aspect. We are no longer heroes...we are mercenaries who go where the pay is best. Villains I guess...no change there.;)
    • Like x 5
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m seeing some really bad attitudes from people who are enjoying the changes, look no further than the signature of the guy immediately above you. I am a bad player, even though I try my best. I thought DCUO accepted me for who I am. :(
    • Like x 5
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

God...I love these runs you guys are in where no one leaves in the middle of that 6 hours so you have to backfill, no one disappears for 30 min pee breaks, smoke breaks, crying babies or dogs. No one runs to clean inventory then doesn't come back for 10 min, and you don't have PS players disconnect every 3r or 4th walkin over 140 passes through the door in and out.

Every run is 5.1 min too...nice. Good thing they clamped us....that's only about 2 min longer than the old walkin by the time you watch the cut scenes. Nice that everything is now open for source marks....since everyone seems concerned with just this one run.

I gotta run with you and Proxy more often. Of course I'm sitting on enough marks to avoid the spam for weeks or months...so we'll see how the spam groups are going then...after I collect my 20 toons that will have an influx of 999 source from WV conversion. I generally don't spam stuff as it's boring as heck unless there is a feat attached. I don't pay to be bored...I can do that for free on 'family game night'.
    • Like x 4
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Random queue in with him and I'm sure he will be happy to tell you want you are doing wrong....right before the kicking boots come on. Or he probably doesn't random queue. You know...why chance running into those 'new' players this was supposed to help....ick.
    • Like x 4
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I really don’t understand this omnibus thing. I can’t help anyone if I’m only 10cr over the enemies.
  17. Starblast Well-Known Player

I believe it's worth noting that you can't run those raids over and over again like you can others. and honestly...I'm sooo sick of the heatwave duo. for those wanting quick source marks there are some solo instances that you can get pretty fast in and now extra content you may not have IE the Solo event where Supergirl has to fight Xanadu. Xanadu is slightly tougher but it is still a quick one to play. There maybe some others as well.
  18. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I do it.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

If one of the main benefits of this change is to make marks available everywhere...why would any ever buy a source mark again? They were a terrible idea before...now they are just ludicrous.
    • Like x 5
  20. MrWood Well-Known Player

Very simple fix. Just put the SM back in the weeklys and raids. You only get to do them once, and source marks are king right now. Otherwise it will be hard to run around solo and complete any boss missions.
    • Like x 1