Stat Clamping Removes The Super

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha Maximum, Aug 27, 2021.

1. shoegazer Well-Known Player

For all intents and purposes, endgame is always clamped...you can only advance as far as the newest gear etc allows..

When you clamp everything in the game below endgame..the whole game becomes clamped...you'll never really go further..you'll think you are..because you're getting new gear with green numbers..but once you have all of the highest gear, etc..that's it..you'll feel a little more powerful in the content from the 2 DLCs below the brand new content for a little while..but not more than the limit allows..then another piece of new content comes and one of those DLCs drops out of endgame.. and you'll actually be weaker in it than you were before..IT'S THE ILLUSION OF PROGRESSION..but in actuality you'll never be able to be more powerful in any content..those green numbers don't actually mean anything anymore..because you're not getting any more powerful in any content than what is allowed

Endgame has a limit...it is the limit..you can't go any further..if everything else is clamped...the progress you think you are making is just an illusion..basically you're just playing everything in the game at the same level all the time...

Might as well just remove gear and stats altogether...there is really no point...just an illusion to keep you playing but more importantly..paying..

This is what the clamp is plain and simple..playing the entire game at the same level all the time
    • Like x 3
  2. lakereric New Player

Totally agree! I built my character to dominate as much as possible! I put money into it for that reason! To get away from my stresses at work and destroy and ENJOY! DCUO took that away!
    • Like x 1
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This is exactly how I am now feeling about my progression / future progression. I am really depressed about this as I love DCUO, it is my first MMO and my favorite. But now, I just don't know what to do. What's the use.
    • Like x 5
  4. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Well, the devs think not. You shouldn't do effortless content and be rewarded. Also, Resource Marks are needed to progress with artifacts and Allies now
  5. shoegazer Well-Known Player

I understand..I've been playing this game for 9+ years..I've put a lot of time, effort and money into this game..what was a progression based game for a decade plus..just to have them **** on all of it and end up here.. it's upsetting

progression/power growth is no longer a thing in this game..just an illusion like I said..to me there really isn't any point.. guess you just have to decide if this game..the way it is now..is the kind of game you want to play

Personally..they can't do whatever they want and still have my support..so I will no longer be supporting or playing this game...I've cancelled my sub and the only chance I ever play this game again is if they get rid of the clamp
    • Like x 5
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

But you deal with it in final fantasy all the time as well! But one youve adapted to willingly because it was inherently placed in its design. But rejected the other because its trying to retrofit it into its current system.

You're praising FInal Fantasy's use of the stat clamp, while denouncing DCUOs similar use of the stat clamp.
    • Like x 2
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

In a perfect world......
  8. Controller Devoted Player

I still felt powerful in Blackest Night today, at CR 148 for the entire raid party.

Our group was able to execute the mechanics, burn through the adds and bosses at a good pace and complete it in good time - no more than 15 minutes I guess..

While I did recognized 2 or 3 members of our pug group, we were still all "Pugs"...I don't run with these players often.

We had one player die at Superboy - only because they somehow got caught in the TON of adds. Our group was good enough that we only burned one set of adds before Superboy then went straight to him.

We executed the mechanics at Nekron and Black Hand, a couple of us died from the AOE before the final fight but nothing major.

I'm still figuring out the new menu and all but the game play to me still seems fun.
    • Like x 1
  9. Neptunia New Player

I agree, it has removed the super, sadly though none of the negative critics of this stat clamp will go towards the developers cause they either A. they remove comments or threads being made about it, or B. they just wont listen.
    We'll be stuck with this, and I think i'll honestly cry.
  10. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

yay this is so much not fun. forced to do content through omnibus on stuff that has already been beat to death for the feats.

I have nothing useful to say, thanks for the work, sorry I don't find it appealing.
    • Like x 2
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

If you’re doing anything inside the game the player should be rewarded. It’s a free to play game, just downloading the game and playing it gets them revenue so why not reward players for effortless content?

Logging in is effortless and there’s a reward for doing that, stop talking to me if you’re going to continue making redundant points. I don’t want to talk to the people who will defend the developers no matter what, it’s actually scary. It’s almost like an accomplice type mindset.
    • Like x 1
  12. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Ok, seems like a reasonable person to ask...

You said that you have been playing for 9 years, before they came up with the notion to clamp the content, which older content did you need for progression 2 weeks before they announced the changes?

This is not a trick question, I am simply being curious.
  13. Yaiba Committed Player

I honestly don't see the difference between killing the bosses in 10s or 1s, looking at you FOS 3 :rolleyes:, Things just died too fast. But I still don't like this update, I prefer oneshot stuff.
  14. Controller Devoted Player

Also - "Powerful" is in the eye of the beholder - or the WRITER. I've learned this a few times over the years in Comicbookdom.

Is Lantern C'hp more powerful than Superman?

[IMG]

[IMG]

And even BLOODSPORT, for crying out loud - evidently put Supes in Intensive Care, lol. Didn't learn this until SS2.

At the end of the day, new players will STILL have to grind gear, raise their CR, and learn mechanics to get to end game and enjoy it. Those of us already there can enjoy end game in that regard.

Perhaps - down the road - the newbies will be better off...with more SPs, and better overall players because of this.

Are there aspects of this Stat Clamp I dislike? So far - YES -

Why in the world are Source Marks missing from End Game content? Make it obvious that you're pushing end-gamers to play older content, huh?

Rest of the changes - so far - I can deal with.

To me, at least - Power is subjective. Ask Lantern C'hp.
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

.../wary.
    apparently because taking longer to do an instance, i got a feat in a raid tonight. I think it was do two options, win asap or win after KO'n some adds. :eek::rolleyes: I realize that my debuffs interfere with the tank pulls sometimes, sorry. I spam to stun them if i can. No damage from you! we've not got a healer, it's a tank, troller and 2 dps... sometimes. If ther eis a healer, I'll get more weapon attacks in. maybe. if dps is slow. atttack the back of th boss. spam defense debuff as a damage attack with 394 SPs, Given, crit power and magnitude, but add crit attack and damage... Debuffs are attacks. if i roll well, i could tank some alerts. Yet if they crit a few times, I'm done for.

[IMG]
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

That's Galea. Solo'ing an eight player bounty. Earlier today. Under the new stat clamp rules.

BY.

MYSELF.
    • Like x 1
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Precision troll build, SPs into crit attacks and all else, nice. I've not seen that, I'm not gonna bother with that much effort. If a solo would be challenging i might try it out. Sometime they crit and others times i crit.

i mean, get a new weapon, forgetaboutit :rolleyes:

Editing may have been involved in the presentation. maybe not, i thin the browser is playing more videos. 0o i disabled auto plkay... guess not....
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

three things -
    1. no editing. one-shot single fight clip.
    2. single-target output = use what works. maybe if might players quit crying about precision damage, there would be more weapons but here we are.
    3. that's a lot of words for "I can't do that" yo.
  19. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

And the point is?
    • Like x 1
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

the stat clamp is nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.