Dev Discussion Episode 41: Early End Game

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kemiru New Player

Hi, i'm a returning player that has started a new character. This decision has made it very difficult for me to reach level 30 because i can't access alerts that i once could. Also, it's hard to level up aswell becuase my final mentor mission is glitched, it won't let me speak to batman to start it. IMO, <30 alerts should still be in the game to provide more content for beginners.
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Prime Battleground is rewarding only 4 marks, is this intended?
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Probably. I think that’s all it gave back in the day.
  4. Time Beacon Active Player

Omac base is lootlocked
  5. BumblingB I got better.

So, I spent a while in Omnibus yesterday. First I'll quote what I wrote in another thread.
    The instances I'm talking about are bosses like the Drowned from the Metal 2 alert. Not being able to outgear it, this actually is worse than what it was originally launched. As varying players gear and skill level could make up for her damage, where now everyone pretty much has the same stat product against her and even if you are doing all the mechanics, you really can't beat her unless you have a healer. Please look through most of the more recent bosses to see which might be a little too overtuned for current players. I think JLD's boss was the same.

Another point I'd like to say, Omnibus is glitched when grouped. Only the person who begins the queue gets credit. This is rather annoying and hope gets fixed.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

As I’m sure you’re aware, I’ve been told many times that I should go back to something a few episodes later if it’s too hard, so all of this is very concerning. I think it’s also telling that the broker has very few of the new tier 2 pet drops and not a single tier 3.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

8. Faded Killa Level 30

Ok my problem with this is you didn't raise the Cr of items we originally got, but instead threw in different styles and jumbled up all are loot tables so now it is even harder to farm for old styles. Just from my experience is the escaped inmate set. Every day you get 1 reward box to try and finish the set. I have yet to get all 8 pieces, now when i open the box instead of escaped inmate i got the kryptonian style. So now i have to hope and pray i dont get any of those 8 pieces plus the 7 i already have and of course a trinket, or a utility belt (not sure if masks also drop there). Thats a 1 out of 18 chance i get my last piece instead of a 1 out of 10 (still horrible odds but still better) couldn't you have just raised the cr of the current style gear instead of jumbling the loot tables?
    • Like x 2
  9. Sir Freeze Active Player

I play coast city today and when i reach the final boss the cutscene dont start at all. So i didnt complete it
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

• Overall source mark distribution for content type is being looked at still and revised as needed. Expect changes for the better but no details just yet.
    • There are definitely some bosses (a few I've made, I admit) that were scaled up in difficulty at end game because players typically steamrolled otherwise at level. We will tackle these whackamole style for the previous 10 years of content and when things convert to Omnibus (Wonderverse next) we'll revise those stats as part of conversion process
      • Example: I just took a nerf bat to Volcano Mining Facility and Darkness Rising. The Drowned and other evil Alerts/Raids I made will get a stern talking to soon.
      • This goes especially for content in the later years - EP27 and onward but we'll look at reports of those instances causing issues and exhibiting abhorrent behavior.
    • We're looking at prestige issues.
    • Like x 9
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Does this mean you have to work this weekend? :(
  12. Requake Dedicated Player

So, does this apply to the 'Saving the Universe' content?
    In Phantom Zone 'STU' normal, we are not receiving power (lightning symbol) without a controller (troll).

Is this intended?
    Or maybe overseen as this could be looked at as your early end-game instanced content

Was wondering about this for a few days now.

Thanks for the feedback.
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

No, this is a bug. With the Hotfix on Saturday, the StU Alerts (now and in the future) should grant roleless buffs in Normal mode.
  14. Feat Hunter New Player

You guys tried this stat clamping nonsense before and it didn't work then either. I'm not gonna spend two hours playing a tier 2 raid. I'll be back when they get this together
    • Like x 2
  15. blackdeadpool New Player

So a few things I've noticed. Gotham wastelands hero and villain don't let you pick up missions when your at level for that content. I had a level 70 villain on us playstation and couldn't talk to Circe to start it. Also I couldn't walk into fos3 even though I was the right combat rating.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

FoS3 takes 5 minutes with a premade group, you don't even need support roles. People are LFG spamming this for quick marks.
    • Like x 2
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Well, I appreciate the effort as this has been my main concern.

I’ve been out of commission the past week due to COVID, so I haven’t been able to test much. My league did run Olympus Elite, and it felt good (all with high level artifacts, buffs, augments, etc). We wiped a few times re-learning the mechanics (and had some bad luck with the bird), but the instance was do-able. Trying for feats would have offered more of a challenge, but it would have still been do-able with time and practice. Next we will be trying God of Monsters Elite which was the harder of the two.

Before the changes on Wednesday, the last road block we were facing in now-clamped content was the final boss of Clocktower Elite. Among the issues are the Pulse bots and the Shield bots. When the bots appear, you have maybe 5 seconds to locate the Shield bots and burn them down so that you can stun or lunge the Repulse bot before it wipes the group. This difficulty is compounded because the smaller sized room encourages the group to bench one or two players outside the fight (which diminishes DPS, healing or stunning depending on who is benched).

The above makes Clocktower Elite difficult to complete - period. But it also locks away a feat (Repulsed Bots Elite) that should otherwise be do-able if a group could get to the point of following stun / lunge mechanics. It’s only a 25 point feat.

Anyway, overall I feel better about the clamping after playing it; and playing through Olympus Elite gave me some hope that I won’t be forever locked out of some feats. I’ve never minded putting in the work; I can be patient; but some of these things (like the last boss of Clocktower Elite) are dependent on raw power that (for many) came from over-leveling.
  18. Faded Killa Level 30

Just got a piece of the engineer set today.... so my odds are like a 1 out of 26 chance? Was your intent to make old styles impossible to farm for? Thats what it feels like to me, please adjust the loot tables here
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

When was that, specifically?
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I thought generator mods weren’t clamped? I have 4 40.4 dominace mods.
    4 x 612 = 2448. But I went to Stryker’s Island: Lockdown, and I had 414 dominance. That’s less than one of my generator mods! This has got to be a bug, right? No wonder I felt kind of weak in those duos.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.