Dev Discussion Episode 41: House of Legends

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Aug 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hello, everyone!

This is the official thread for the new, shared, player hub House of Legends! This one is pretty different from our other game updates, so don't be nervous or unsure about asking questions. Feel free to ask any question and comment on anything you see or interact with.

A little bit of background before we get started. We wanted to design a new hub for all of our players that was focused on a few key things: Simple layout, easy navigation, and a one stop shop for all of your needs in between leveling content and queued instances.

We also wanted to push a strong theme of the Multiverse. You will see many different characters that represent different universes, even some of the same characters but with a different Multiverse spin.

New Features:

The New HoL Tour
    We've created a new tour Mission to take you around the House of Legends. This will help you get accustomed to the new hub and learn more about what it has to offer. Please start with this once the Monitor reaches out to you for help!

Orrery Teleporter (aka Mega Teleporter)
    We have made the Orrery of Worlds a centerpiece within the Main Observation Deck of the House of Legends. We've also make it a functioning multi-zone teleporter that will take you to all of our open world content. Try zoning to various open worlds and see how you like it. Each open world will also zone you back to the HoL instead of the old hubs. Additionally, changes were made to existing pointer missions for players to go to open worlds for the various episode drops. These pointer missions should now tell you to go to the House of Legends instead of the Watchtower and Hall of Doom.

Archive Vendors
    One of the featured rooms in the House of Legends is called the 'Archive of Victory' where we have made new gear style vendors. These vendors were made with the purpose of selling players the styles of old gear sets that was given as a part of the main CR progression for they're respective episodes. They are divided among 8 new NPC's. 4 hero affiliated Iconics and 4 villain affiliated Iconics. They are organized by Tech, Meta, Magic, and Unique. We've also removed the faction requirement for these items. Heroes can now purchase styles of Villain gear, and vice versa.

Mentor Relocation
    We've moved the big 6 mentors to the Archive of Victory room within the House of Legends. Technically we've duplicated them as they are still located in the Watchtower and Hall of Doom. However the biggest change is how your level 30 Mentor/Origin story mission works. For the missions 'The Justice League' and 'The Secret Society' players will have to come here in the House of Legends to complete the Mission.

Familiar Amenities
    In addition to these new features, the House of Legends will still offer older features that you are all used to. So worry not, we got you covered! These features include, but are not limited to:
    • Mail Kiosk
    • Bank Kiosk
    • The Broker
    • Respec Station
    • League Hall creation and teleporter
    Known Issues:
    - There are some rare style items and renown vendor items not currently in the Archive of Victory. We plan on adding these at a future date.
    - Training dummies can be controlled by DPS. We have a fix coming in soon for this.
    - Some dialogue vignettes between NPCs take long to repeat

I know that's a lot to read, so I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read through and play this content! Have fun, and welcome to the House of Legends!
    • Like x 4
  2. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Are these two rare style sets included in that "will be added" list?
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Although I appreciate all the work it takes to build the beautiful location...and you want us to see it all, please make some way to make the tour optional once one toon has done it. I ran through 7 times last night and although all my toons look a bit different they all have my eyes and ears and wristwatch (ok...no one has a wristwatch any more) which are all me. It got very tedious going back and forth and watching the little tour videos. I also couldn't complete content because of it as many of the 'to do' missions don't come up until youv'e gotten very far into the process. I'm not saying it's terrible, but skipping it should be an option if possible. For sure everyone should have to do it, but some people keep 32 toons on an account. That's a bit oppressive. Maybe it was just worse as I was trying to get through a bunch and beat weekly reset, but for every new alt to get spun up down the road, especially after we've been living in here for the next weeks or months, it would be nice to skip around it.

Also, for that rare style vendor, will it just be a mirror of Vendor 22 in the WT or totally different? is the plan to have every drop style, at least up till a semi recent point, available?

Can we get a league donation machine next to the league teleporter? Going into the League hall and heading down to the machine there to drop off 1 22 prestige old plan is kind of a hassle.

Lastly and it's not really part of the Hall items, can we make the teleports back from the OW locations be like the Titans or Atlantis ones where we get the 'hub' choice of WT or HoL. Either that or make the spawn in point next to the Orrery of worlds. When going from Bop to Titans to Metal Gotham to Thanagar, the portal skipping setup in WT is easier than constantly going back to HoL, swinging down to the Orrery then selecting from the list. Maybe I'm the only one who does this....but it seemed I saw a lot of people popping into the foyer and immediately zooming down to the Orrery...so I'm guessing not.
    • Like x 1
  4. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Created a new toon to see the effects of Ep 41's changes. Players get access to the House of Legends at Level 10ish, do the tour, see Cyborg & get an Ally. The Allies mission is brief and does a poor job explaining how Allies work, how to use them, how to fortify them. And this happens long before the Artifacts mission, which does a better job walking players through (a very similar) process. Allies should definitely be introduced later in the levelling process, somewhere after Artifacts. Obviously this is something we could not determine on Test.

Second, there's no point in visiting the House of Legends this early. You only get the tour without the Save the Universe part, which you can't do till Level 30 anyway. So maybe that's when players should first get the House of Legends mission, to include Allies (which you don't even need for Levels 1-30).

5. Charon Lead Content Designer

There should be one next to John Steward in the Main Observation Deck. Are you saying you want another next to the teleporter to League Halls as well?
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I usually do my donations and then teleport to the hall to check if any proficiencies are expired or near expired. It just feels natural to have all the league hall stuff together.

Has anyone brought up adding a league hall option to the warp menu?
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No. I did not know there was one by John Stewart. That should do, but yeah...it's always been by the teleporter, so I assumed it would be there now. No issues as long as there's one OUTSIDE of going to the league hall for a quick dropoff.

Although, we did have 3 (one at each wing) before, maybe by the teleporter makes sense as well? Not sure where John Stewart is, so maybe it's right close anyway. I mainly just didn't what ot have to go in every time....Gotta get those 3 prestige base drops in.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Yes, I second this request.

I also would like the teleporters in the League Halls to work similar to the Lair ones.
    • Like x 2
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Can we get to see some iconic pets also make a cameo in House of Legends? Just thought it would be funny seeing Teekl and Isis hanging around somewhere, or randomly have Krypto and Streaky roaming around.
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm wondering this myself
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

They're on the long list of NPCs we want to visit the HoL.
    • Like x 4
  12. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Seeing starro chilling out in the bleed area would be neat;) following his "no justice" story arc he dies a hero
    • Like x 1
  13. Warped Discord Moderator

I believe these were lockbox styles for opposite factions at one point correct? I would think they will eventually be added to some sort of vendor in the HoL since the lockboxes were phased out but Charon would likely have to confirm that one.
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If they were at one point, they got taken out before I started playing the game which was during Goons of Gotham. I got like 6sp worth of feats from the lockbox styles and another 2sp from the vendors on Wed but those weren't amongst them.
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

We'll be looking at styles later as the known issues stated. Next week at earliest. Higher priority issues are taking precedent.
    • Like x 4
  16. Belthazur Dedicated Player

The Apokoliptian General Style has been dropping for me from the Boxes Steve Trevor gives. Not always a given tho
    • Like x 2
  17. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

They're grouped into drops for that given tier. I ran some t2/t3 and the first 2 loot choices out of the 4 were gear that scaled up to 280. that gear happened to be the steppenwolf set. not sure which tier correlates to which set though.
    • Like x 1
  18. Warped Discord Moderator

Guess I read over that part in TLantern's post haha. Thanks for confirming!
    • Like x 1
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

With the (vastly overpriced) PVP Styles Vendor, there's at least one style I need that's missing: The Gunslinger Trenchcoat.

I know there's other styles missing from the Vendors that I'm just not thinking of right now, so I'll post them as I encounter them.
  20. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Nope. These two styles: Apokoliptian General is a drop-only style set from Happiness Home and New Genesis Now raids.
    And Ancient Devine Sorceress is drop-only style set from Halls of Hades, Labyrinth of Lost Souls and The Throne raids. They are purple gear of Hall of Power 2 and Amazon Fury Part 2 episodes. (villain only)

I can see Apokoliptian General pieces drop randomly from Save the Universe instances as well as old game content as blue 280 gear pieces. Gear names start with "General's belt" "General's gloves" etc.

This belt piece is from 1 player solo East End Regal Hotel:
    [IMG]

I did not see any drop of Ancient Divine Sorceress gear pieces from any kind of instance so far.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.