Devs did great

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tess M3rcer, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Tess M3rcer Active Player

Despite what the forum royalty thinks this of stat clamping its great to seeing the game being played right! For too long I've heard how trashy tanks, trolls, and healers are in the game. Now having to have support roles in alerts will solve that problem. Stat clamping will make better players. I'm a day one player and remember how hard the game truly was. I'm sorry you cant brute force the alerts and raids anymore but this is better in the long run. People will leave and that's their prerogative and their toxicity can go with them.
    • Like x 15
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

How does being unable to finish certain things at level make me toxic?
    • Like x 11
  3. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Put down that gun Craig and fight like a man.
    • Like x 2
  4. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

This post is illustrative.

The poster likes that other players will now be forced to play in a manner consistent with what she feels is appropriate.

No room for variation. No tolerance for style differences. No appreciation of the time and effort already expender.

Typical.
    • Like x 12
  5. Tess M3rcer Active Player

its the people who are wanting things to go back to before the update. That's the toxicity I speak of.
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Because you're only looking at it from your perspective i.e selfish and not in touch with reality that this is a MMO and not single player game.
    • Like x 3
  7. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

And how about those who blew through these instances without any empathy or care about what the alt or new player was able to do leaving them in the first room of whatever instance to die or just stay in the inactive zone til it was over? I'm sorry, after how I've been treated in this game by those against stat clamping... I don't have a whole lot of empathy for those who literally want their way over the health of the overall game.
    • Like x 6
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What makes me more selfish than you? I think you’re projecting frankly. I was in favour of the clamping until I saw just how extreme it is. :(
    • Like x 4
  9. Tess M3rcer Active Player

This is how the game was originally meant to be played. past game directors changed the game so much that its a shadow of itself. the fun part of the game is learning how to play it right. its not having tolerance for different play styles its getting to play as a team. how does 4 dps teach anyone how to play. it doesnt.
    • Like x 4
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

For the record, I never would have done that to you. My policy was always to leave no man behind.
    • Like x 5
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

You mean kill a raid boss that is designed for 8 people isnt fair because you cant one shot it anymore?

Dont worry ill asked for a unclamped version after! With all relevant rewards to endgame players stripped out of outdated content, so you can wreak bosses all you want while getting nothing relevant for doing so. Well be right here on the forums waiting on the "I want rewards for e-z content" thread.
    • Like x 3
  12. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

That is just my example of many players that are against the stats clamp, you might not be selfish but that's how you and many come a cross as, so my apologies.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I just want to be able to finish things. :(
    • Like x 3
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Let me get this straight. Youre not selfish for wanting to trivialize content with 7 other people in the same instance as you? How do they feel about you steamrolling a raid singlehanded? Do they want to participate? Are they having fun? Have you wondered about that? Or is your experience the only thing your considering?

That the question i want to ask those so much against the clamp.
    • Like x 5
  15. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Good point but don't you have a league to help you?
    • Like x 1
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

How dare me, yes but glad you did before me lol.
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

When are you getting on, i dont think im your cr but im enjoying just randomly queuing up and seeing the experience i get and enjoying the gearing process again
    • Like x 3
  18. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

You're using the word 'toxic' incorrectly. Might I suggest 'incompetence' or 'Lack of determination'.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So for 10 years they never figured out that people were OP?...No the game was supposed to be a progression based one, it always has been. That's why things were released in Tiers...otherwise we'd all be level 30 and gear would just be cosmetic. Now...is having a way to play the runs you want and have a challenge bad? No. Is having new users get into content they have never run, and MAYBE have to participate or learn something bad? No. But likewise is someone who's been here for 8-10 years and ran ALL that content for months on end when it was new NOT wanting to go back and drag butt through it a bad thing or toxic.

In just playing through my alts to clear the tour mission and a few others via Omni to feel out how things are in the 'live' environment, I've gotten repetitive duos (I'm up to like 4 Ferris runs now and a good handful of Shady Nightclubs), I've been in an ROTB where 1 guy literally stood there almost the entire time, a league member of another DPS in the group so we could not kick, and a Mist bounty alert where people would pop in and leave...repeatedly...because that run is a loooong slog. Got UT done only after switching to heals because no one knows how to avoid the spinning hammer or line up on the chains. None of these things ended in a wipe. None were 'too hard' to complete, but they were slow...and having to carry someone or have an empty spot now that we are NOT OP adds a lot of frustration and time, more than it did. The main frustration that it resolved is being able to access the content....and there were other ways they could have accomplished that. None of this makes me 'toxic' for mentioning it...these are facts, anecdotes maybe...but facts none the less.

Oh, and in every run I queued into I'd ask 'feats'? Only one guy in Ferris replied 'sure' (as it turns out we got both as they are 'speed' type).... the rest started the smash up without a pause. I did end up getting a few feats, but once the 'speed' ones dry up, I'd guess they will still only be available if you build a group and 'custom' queue. As slow as the old queue system was, when you got in most people were ok with doing something to benefit someone else as long as it didn't add a mountain of time or complexity...now people are generally in for the marks...mercs make bad teammates as they are only there for the pay. Example...LnW...every feat in there requires no more than waiting a few minutes(ok...sentinels is 20)...In any pug group you'd get previously I'd guess you could swing all the feats in one run...you could even do it with a 'need 7 to queue me in' LFG group. Now? With the merc group you will get? Good luck with that, but you'll get your 10 marks...so there's that.
    • Like x 6
  20. Sgt. Rock Active Player

You lost me at empathy, to put things in perspective this is a game not real life. Form your own group like everyone else if you need help
    • Like x 1