This new update is a nightmare (clamping)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Civil, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Yes, the previous clamp failled.. Because of AMs and their underestimation of the problems the AMs were causing.
  2. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

My interpretation? No. He said that all content is hard. That is not feedback. That is a complaint with no direction.
    • Like x 1
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

No, as you were told last week, it failed because players do not want to play old content with at/near launch difficulty. You refused to believe that at the time, and now that we're live, you're seeing more and more of that feedback. You're in a minority.

You're doing what you accuse them of by mischaracterizing their feedback like you just did. That's the point.
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This is false "information". The Devs have already stated that Episode 42 will be coming later in the year, 2021...not in April of 2022. Stop putting out mad up information.
  5. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

No, I'm not. His feedback that I responded to was literally that "The content was hard". You're now being exactly what you accused me of. I'm not misrepresenting anything. Let me quote him.

By saying this, he was attacking everyone that disagrees with him. Telling them to go to a different game like they don't know it exists and giving no contributory feedback on top of it in the post. So it rubbed me the wrong way. Nothing I have said is untrue. You just don't like my opinion so are trying to shout me down.

they needed to change from launch not 5+ years later, if you want a challenging mmo that clamps gear, ffxiv is perfect, dcuo has never ever ever been about making every single instance, past and present hard.
  6. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Go back, play the old stuff from years ago, we'll clamp ya and call it a new episode...smh
    • Like x 2
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

I mean its a update is it not?
    • Like x 1
  8. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I suspect the supporters of stat clamping are only supporting it because of their dislike of those of us against it.

I find it hard to believe anyone is actually a fan of it based on its merits.
    • Like x 4
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Hmmm... Sounds like pugging. (Didn't read the whole thread, just OP.)

Pretty much, roll the dice and take your chances.

Mixed experience from me. Need to do more instances to know, but pretty much any instance that had some sort of heavy mechanic requires the players to do said mechanic. Example would be PZr. Got into an instance that had 2 dps, tank and a healer. We did fine, though struggled with me being the only one who knew how to deal with the crystals in the first boss fight a bit. Then go to the last boss, no one was trying to stop the adds but me and they were battling right next to the portal... which if no one knows, the boxes can roll into it... This is probably a throwback to overgearing the content and just being able to burn everything as it gets close to you. I suggested that the tank to pull adds to other side of the room. Tank leaves but stays in group. Forced me to kick and ask a leaguemate to help. I hate kicking, but he wouldn't leave to let us reopen the instance.

In any case, the content clamping just takes further testing. The bugs on the other hand seem to be from Elm Street as they can be a nightmare to work around. (No cross faction queue as an example.)
  10. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Well, it is but they call it Episode 41 for some reason. I call it a downgrade.
    • Like x 5
  11. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Me too, its definitely a "downgrade" or a downdate, Lol
    • Like x 2
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ive been actually spending time gearing, got my cr up 40 points so far, where for the last 5 years it hasn't moved until this update.
  13. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

And on the flipside, I grinded to 342, all elite gear, artifacts over 180 and I have to play as a low level cr in the older content.
    • Like x 5
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This has always been my complaint....the time. It's been hard keeping alts up with a reasonable amount of time investment, now it will be next to impossible with longer run times. I like the fact that harder runs will make bad players get better....or quit, and it would be great if we could leave that option in game, but for those who already know their jobs and have run the runs repeatedly it's a chore...not fun. I'm not even saying most runs will end in a fail, but just take too long each run...which adds up.

I also don't like the feeling I'm being forced to run stuff...it's not really optional if you want to advance anymore. Again, these are my complaints...not the 'lack of feeling powerful' factor a lot want to dredge up every time.
    • Like x 4
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

My question is what would you be doing without the update?
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Your saying you would not have been able to get your CR up 40 points before or you just chose not to? Because if it were a choice...that's on you. Report back when you are able to get your SP up 20 via onmibus in some old content. That, to me, would be more of an important factor to the new players. CR has been, and still is, easy to get up, although maybe a bit slower now. The great divides have always been SP and an ability to learn the game. This update might address the 'learning' factor (that remains to be seen) but I doubt it will help the SP chasm between new and old players.
    • Like x 3
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Oh no, I whole heartedly agree. I I’ve my alts and need something different in order to stay motivated in dc. And what’s even more upsetting is that Mepps will make it seem like these new people downloading this F2P game generates more revenue than people on subscription plans or marketplace items. Why prioritize new players if that way of life, being carried, is honestly fine. It’s flawed but for the most part carrying others is fine.
    • Like x 2
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Prior to the update? No im not sitting here waiting for an hour for my queue, when i have other games waiting in the wings ready for me to jump into lol. I dont really care about SP grinding but if you wanna help me im online right now :D
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

We'll see in a few months if you are right and thats what they are trying to get away from if we get a anniversary CR skip this year. Also, if that were the case, why are there 280 boxes in everything now? Ran Shady nightclub on a low alt the other day and I think I went up 2 CR from the drops just in that run. The CR push is still there, don't kid yourself.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So again a choice to not gain CR. If you were waiting for an hour to do the daily/weekly FP outdoor missions or duo/alert/raids at Event level, not sure where you were queuing. Maybe you were only queueing for the tier you were stagnant at, and yeah...that would yield poor results, but choice is not a problem....you took advantage of it to CHOOSE not to run those other things. Isn't choice always nicer?

I'd help you get some SP, but you are a Vil and I can't group with you....yet. Besides I have about 34 more tours of the HoL to finish. That and since I have to run all this Omni stuff to complete the missions, there's no telling where we end up if we wanted duo feats...maybe Ferris Aircraft...maybe Shadowlands (ok, it'll probably be Ferris Aircraft...that seems to pop a LOT).
    • Like x 3