This new update is a nightmare (clamping)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Civil, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I would agree with you, this should have been done at launch.

And from what I saw yesterday, you can change the difficulty level. At least you could on the raids I queued for. There were 3 difficulties, I can't remember the names, there was an unclamped, normal CR version, a clamped version and an elite version.
    • Like x 1
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Oh now we wanna compare this game to actual MMOs?
    • Like x 2
  3. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Doing so would keep you playing and I would leave. The fundamentals of the game NEEDED to change. You think they survive longer continuing that status quo? Even in this thread people talked about new players leaving. Well, this change imo will keep that from happening as often.
  4. Civil Well-Known Player

if someone is trolling, and you need all 4 people, and the tank doesnt have a tank loadout and gets 1 shot, how can i dps?
  5. Civil Well-Known Player

they needed to change from launch not 5+ years later, if you want a challenging mmo that clamps gear, ffxiv is perfect, dcuo has never ever ever been about making every single instance, past and present hard.
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Nah. I'm in favor of clamping and helping other people. But the purpose of the omnibus and clamping is to allow players to go back to old content, get rewarded and help with queue times without blasting everything to death in a few seconds. If I everyone who wants to play old content has to make a group of experienced players, then the whole system is ruined. Nobody should spend hours teaching random people how to beat paradox wave and nexus.

On test I said we would struggle with live results for some content because there are players on random queue who have no clue of what they are doing and everyone was testing with a group of 4/8 experienced players, this seems to be what is happening now. Not every content is bad with the clamping and some are really quick and balanced runs, but we didn't reach the fine spot when considering pugs in the equation for mechanically demanding raids/elites and it's something the devs should try to fix asap.
    • Like x 2
  7. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

"every single instance hard". Umm. It doesn't do that. Nothing I've run has seemed hard. Harder than it was, sure, but not hard. DC Universe has so much other stuff going for it that other MMO's don't have for me and my son. This change makes it clearly more enjoyable for me overall.
  8. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

I bet there are people with Max everything who have no clue what they were doing, because like my alts they were carried by higher level players the whole way to get there without learning the mechanics. So, its not just new people. And those people are likely harder to teach and more likely to lash out against this update change than new players who struggle or veterans who have the stuff down.
    • Like x 1
  9. Civil Well-Known Player

others say otherwise, who've played for years, feats becoming even more of a hassal when it use to actually be fun
    • Like x 1
  10. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Others are welcome to join you being wrong. You said "every instance hard", by definition a guy that is not an expert experiencing multiple instances that were not hard proves that blanket statement incorrect. Every instance harder? Yes. Every instance by definition is harder, but every instance being hard? Guess it depends on the player, but I'm nobody special.
    • Like x 1
  11. Civil Well-Known Player

Im in favour of helping people and teaching them, but every single instance which lets say takes 20min to explain, after deaths, lets say 30-40min each instance right, thats so long for no reason, Why do I have to relive old content how it use to be just to get feats, which are now harder to get and not as fun as they use to be. not everyone is american and can easily make premaids, its hard asf and this game. for the last time. ISNT FFXIV, this is dcuo, past content was never intended to ever be challengeing again, you are meant to get stronger and move on to the next challenge, if you are going for feats, its usually raiding and you are in a premaid, new players automatically learn.
    • Like x 3
  12. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

I don't know if it was you or not, but someone said this update hands out participation trophies. In fact, the way things were before handed out participation trophies. Feats for just being overleveled and no skill necessary.
    • Like x 1
  13. Civil Well-Known Player

saying that im wrong is saying 80% of the player base is wrong, im not sure what you're on about anymore, but clamping gs and stats that you worked hard for, to redo older content to do feats which were fun and challenging, not making it the same difficulty, making it impossible to do random queues for non raid feats, meaning you aren't going to play with new players anyways. Its ok if you think I'm wrong, I couldn't care less, Im saying whats on alot of peoples minds. yes, every instance is harder and more time consuming if no1 knows what their doing, and you have to be 20min explaing and dying and failing to get it right, taking hours of your day for 2-3 instance does make it harder. do you grind to get high gear to get clamped in older tiers of the game? do you farm sp to make it irrelavent for older content?, do you level up your relics and farm metals for it to be downgraded in LOWER tiers?
    • Like x 3
  14. Civil Well-Known Player

it doesn't it gives you feats from different instances cause its buggy.
  15. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

This is a far different argument than "every instance is hard" argument. I was trying to poke you into not arguing lazy and it worked.

There are going to be growing pains. I will say in the middle of the argument here you got sloppy again and used the same logical fallacy of "noone", "always", "never" etc.

If SP is provably not mattering, if artifacts are provably not mattering, that is not what the devs set out to do, so instead of screaming about how bad it is, maybe you should be talking about the specifics of what you mean there. Because the devs clearly stated, and I experienced in test, that SP and artifacts DO in fact make a noticeable difference in clamped content.
    • Like x 1
  16. Civil Well-Known Player

lazy? yea you tricked me for bringing up points i've already brought up, it is bad, and I'll complain about core gameplay changing for no reason. the soul reason they are doing this is for new players. but its not working in that regarded. dont say your opinion is correct when thats not the case. It is an opinion bro, its 2:00am and you're going after my words. holy
    • Like x 2
  17. Civil Well-Known Player

Sp is ******* useless if I can outdps a game with 500sp now that hes clamped, artifacts are also get weakened, wasting time for nothing to make progress invisible. only seeen be differnt numbers and bosses. if you want clamps, go play ffxiv, for the last time. dcuo isn't about challenging older content. Your points are flawed aswell dw, if you want, tommorrow when im thinking straight ill point them out.
  18. Civil Well-Known Player

lazy? yea you tricked me for bringing up points i've already brought up, it is bad, and I'll complain about core gameplay changing for no reason. the soul reason they are doing this is for new players. but its not working in that regarded. dont say your opinion is correct when thats not the case. It is an opinion bro, its 2:00am and you're going after my words. holy.Sp is ******* useless if I can outdps a player with 500sp now that hes clamped, artifacts are also get weakened, wasting time for nothing to make progress invisible. only seeen be differnt numbers and bosses. if you want clamps, go play ffxiv, for the last time. dcuo isn't about challenging older content. Your points are flawed aswell dw, if you want, tommorrow when im thinking straight ill point them out.
    • Like x 1
  19. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Just a small point: clamping is only on stats from our gear. SPs, Arts, Augs are excluded from the clamp. But since the bulk of our stats come from gear, and survival largely comes from our gear, the clamp is easy to feel.
  20. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

You didn't state it as an opinion. You stated it as fact. One that can't be right. It's not the sole reason either, they also did it to try to bring people like myself back. Guess what? Its working. Some old league mates showed up online for the first time in over a year with me so to some extent that part is also working.
    • Like x 1