This new update is a nightmare (clamping)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Civil, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Civil Well-Known Player

Idk their are just abunch of bots, but holy this is terrible. You can't do an alert cause some guy is in tank gear while dpsing when they are over the gs of 260. You can't do anything about it but just leaving the alert, I have just spent 50min on an alert that use to take 15min MAX, and we had to disban because we kept getting tanks which are dpsing. It is making the game unbearable to play, and meaningless to gear up. If I'm going to get to 320+ why do I get clammped down to 260? So I can't carry the team if a trolls in the queue. This is broken, Atleast make clamping a disable or enable feature, dont make it forced. Its making the game impossible unless I make a group myself. Please fix this ****. This isnt ffxiv, you can't do this to dcuo, It doesn't work with how the game is meant to be, gearing to get stronger has always been the point. SP is irrelevant, a 500sp player is getting out damaged by me who is in a fresh account with 120sp, it makes 0 sense, I have 0 idea whats going on, but this update aint it. You can add clammping but ONLY as a disable enable feature as I said before, to still make old content harder if you want to relive old experiences. but not forcing it, its making content impossible if 1 player isnt actually playing the game to play.
    • Like x 23
  2. zNot Loyal Player

I think the devs forgotten how many low skilled players are in this game
    • Like x 22
  3. Dev72 Dedicated Player

What people are forgetting, is that this game and the very nature of an MMO requires teamwork and communication. There are times in here of what we call teachable moments. If you have a player trying to do more than what their role and stats can support, it is time to pull them aside and explain that they will have a hard time moving forward playing that way.

For far too long this community has solely relied on just gear stats alone and a role less buff..now that the training wheels have been lopped off, we are now getting to see who needs to work on their skill and stats and who doesn't, and people don't like it.

I have noticed a significant difference with people having SP and other stats beyond what gear provides not struggling as mightily as those without those stats which was the intent to begin with by showing those stats do make a difference regardless how hard someone may try to dismiss them.

Now, before we get into this whole "gatekeeping" conversation, people were gatekeeping behind gear anyway, so adding that extra variable is no different. It is those who were against SP mattering and dismissing SP who are now complaining that they too may need to work more on their toon rather than just sitting around the WT/HOD/HOL dueling and talking smack.
    • Like x 18
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Whether the clamp is a good thing or not is debatable. Blaming the clamp for people making poor choices or just being unknowledgeable is beyond ridiculous. Crappy players has been a problem for 9+ years. It's not new.

We dealt with it in the past by either educating players OR putting groups together with certain minimum requirements. At some point powercreep set in and people solved the bad player problem by overgearing the situation. That only solved the problem of getting through the instance and did nothing to help players out.

Right now if you're seeing that random queueing is producing a crapshow, you might want to do the smart thing and put together your own groups or join other people's groups. Claiming these changes as a failure just because you've encountered a lot of new players that don't know anything doesn't make any sense. These changes weren't going to magically make these players know what gear they are supposed to wear, or what role to be in.

Since we never had tutorials, and still don't now, it means we have to go back to what people did in the good old days...pass on some knowledge to those willing to listen. We were all new to this game at one point. And before we had Youtube as a reference, we had each other. But again, if you're not interested in helping out, stop complaining here and go with pre-made groups. Blind Queueing is for people who don't know better, or people who genuinely enjoy chaos.
    • Like x 18
  5. Civil Well-Known Player

I literally stated that if I actually wanted to do a normal instance which was already easy, I'd have to make my own group now, which should only be the case for raids and elites if anything, not for alerts. Bots are a problem, I'm not sure what you are talking about, and if someone is 'new' being over 263 which is impossible and has never been this bad, then it wouldn't be a problem if stats weren't clammped. I'm not sure if you're playing devils addovcate, but the logic is flawed. If a player is new, its usually around max 150cr. Not going into the highest tiers, and if they aren't being serious, its either a bot or a troll. If stats werent clammped, you sure trolls would even be a problem? no, 1v2 that boss ez. btw, every single member hates this, haven't met anyone who hasn't but you. This is a problem. If this only way to do ez content is through premades everysingle time. That is a problem. dcuo is NOT FFXIV. it is dcuo. yes for years new players are a thing, but not in the high end teirs not even knowing tank gear from dps. your logic is flawed.
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've had a mixed bag of experiences yesterday but overall the clamped content blows. Couldn't even finish Desecrated Cathedral elite after kicking a low level and bringing in someone more experienced.
    • Like x 15
  7. Civil Well-Known Player

If you actually want to learn the game, you'd ask people, and so many times I tell these randoms what to do, they ignore it. wasting 3 other players time, including me, yes bro, I'm the only one complaing, clammping should be an option, not forced upon.
    • Like x 14
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

The problem with attempting to teach is that a lot of players take it as an insult no matter how benevolent you try to be. I don't know about you but I would rather leave the instance than stroke someone's ego enough to make them willing to accept help. The people who want to learn will join a league.
    • Like x 15
  9. Civil Well-Known Player

A guy on my team had higher sp and artifacts, and i out dps'd him, he had right rot, right artifacts, he had 500sp I'm on a fresh account with 120. players don't understand the game, that will forever be every game ever made. But if I can't do anything about it because of 1 persons 'lack of knowledge' or them trolling, it makes the game unplayable unless you go for premaids. even then its still hard especially if you aren't american.
    • Like x 2
  10. Civil Well-Known Player

New

I literally stated that if I actually wanted to do a normal instance which was already easy, I'd have to make my own group now, which should only be the case for raids and elites if anything, not for alerts. Bots are a problem, I'm not sure what you are talking about, and if someone is 'new' being over 263 which is impossible and has never been this bad, then it wouldn't be a problem if stats weren't clammped. I'm not sure if you're playing devils addovcate, but the logic is flawed. If a player is new, its usually around max 150cr. Not going into the highest tiers, and if they aren't being serious, its either a bot or a troll. If stats werent clammped, you sure trolls would even be a problem? no, 1v2 that boss ez. btw, every single member hates this, haven't met anyone who hasn't but you. This is a problem. If this only way to do ez content is through premades everysingle time. That is a problem. dcuo is NOT FFXIV. it is dcuo. yes for years new players are a thing, but not in the high end teirs not even knowing tank gear from dps. your logic is flawed.
    • Like x 2
  11. Civil Well-Known Player

If you really think clammping isnt a bad idea, just make it a feature to either activate it or not, simple, but its terrible to play and dependable on people when 9/10 their a troll. And I don't want to have to make groups for every single instance, its real hard when you aren't american to do so. I love this game to bits, from the sony days, and even now, but holy don't make the game harder to play because of the queuing system alone. like holy. If i want hard teir content, ill play the newest teir, thats what its made for, to be the next challenge, not for it to be less diffcult then a t4 elite, like holy. Just make it a feature to enable or disable and thats it. Every1 will be happy.
    • Like x 8
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Quite the opposite. I think they took that into consideration when they did this because now it is forcing them to go back and learn what they should have learned. It’s also shattering these solo tank/solo heal/solo buff troll metas that people have created. In some cases (experienced players who haven’t run the content “at level” in years) it is just a matter of knocking some rust off to remember the mechanics of an instance.
    • Like x 2
  13. Civil Well-Known Player

Thats true, the problem with that, is this game for some reason has so many bots, and for the small price of $45 AUD, you can start doing near high end content. And people are buying that when they are new, and people ignoring you when you try to help is something that usually doesn't happen in a pve mmo, FFXIV, you say something, people listen because they know their helping, even in BDO where its PVP people still listen, so Idk if its the egos of kids or adults alike, but they HATE listening and its like they don't even read it. If you want to have teamwork, play high end tier content, or, as I have said 5 times, make it a disable and enabe feature to clamp gear, to experience it how it was when it first released.
    • Like x 4
  14. Civil Well-Known Player

I understand what you're saying, which is true, new players should be learning and thats great, as I said, ez way to fix this issue, is to instead make clammping gear for content a feature to enable or disable when you please. New players can also ask others about the mechanics if their interested or even search up videos. but lets be real. If you're a 'new player' doing 300+ content, and don't 'understand' the difference between tank and dps, their is abit of a problem. because, you aren't a new player at that point. You're trolling and ruining the experience, and way before that, you would have been told by someone, seen the name of your gear being 'tank' and noticed your dmg not being high. Their are alot of indicators that show that you aren't preforming well, weather its damage, survivabilty etc.
    • Like x 2
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I ran paradox wave on an alt yesterday and none of the players in that group knew what to do. It took us 42 minutes in that raid when it usually takes me 7 minutes to get epic odyssey on that same room but solo. That is 6 times longer... The number of raids I’ll be able to run in a day is going to drop drastically. I can kiss having alts goodbye because now I really won’t have the time to keep them all up to date especially when we have to run these old instances for the new marks.
    • Like x 15
  16. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

The devs are forcing us to do their job.

Instead of educating people on mechanics and raids and making proper guides for them now we have to become the teachers and help these new players or they’re not progressing anywhere. I say we let them fail then. Just leave and find a new raid. I’m not spending another 42 minutes helping undereducated people I don’t even know for free.
    • Like x 13
  17. Civil Well-Known Player

As i've said before, if people want to experience the alerts from their gs or how it use to be, just make clammping gear a turn on/off feature, not a forced one. Simple solution and doesn't waste anyones time.
    • Like x 8
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Thats a player knowledge failure, this is what the system is designed to clean up.
    • Like x 3
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Youd waste everyone time, youd be reintroducing the queue problem for the sake of running instances faster
    • Like x 1
  20. zNot Loyal Player

I fully agree regarding the solo support roll meta its not healthy at all for the endgame and dc has many players that are really good at the game and many that are very bad at the game and this update mostly effects those that arent good at the game the challenge increase isnt really a challenge for most good players anyway but if they intented to players getting better then i like that certanily they need to scale and adjust the newest elite raids better now that they have given us this base level of difficulty for the older content and now the elite raids should get that treatment aswell and be buffed (talking about next episode elite raids)
    • Like x 2