FoS2 Split Party Fork

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cerulean Osprey, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

It's been about 10 years since I was grinding this raid. I've already forgotten, how do most parties handle this?

IIRC, we never split our group and always just Warped to Rally. To me, it always seemed the idea was to put tank/healer/2 DPS in each side, but just went with the rest of the raid group did.
  2. Controller Devoted Player

Hard to tell right now I'd guess.

Back in the day - we went 1-1-1-1 or like the OP stated 1-1-2.

Now? If you have higher CR toons most can just blitz it.

Stat clamping should make this classic a bit more relevant I hope.

I'd love for the Devs to institute the same setup like FOS2 again in future content.

FOS2 was AWESOME.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Left: Controller, DPSx2, Healer
    Right: Tank, DPSx3
    or vice versa.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dev72 Dedicated Player

I wonder if some of the traditional raid setups will be required in some of the raids that may call for it, or will the alternative would be to avoid those particular raids because of the community's propensity to avoid that set-up because it has not been needed since AM days.
  5. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

The thought is that Bizarro/Powergirl/Supergirl don't hit hard enough that a group can survive with healer+troll debuffs on one side and just a tank on the other?
    • Like x 1
  6. C3alix Committed Player

Let's be honest:. Before the 2nd button update, when **** hit the fans, we went 7-1, warp to rally, then 1-7
    • Like x 4
  7. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Should be interesting. In FoS1, we used to use two trolls to throw crabs off the ledge at Broodmother. Alternatively, other groups just had a good tank who could pull well. I'm going to guess with current meta, it's just going to fall on the tank and then DPS just burn those things as fast as possible.

I don't recall what other raid mechanics could possibly use different configurations.
    • Like x 1
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

We were finding every trick in the book to do these raids. Some were pretty clever.

Devs, if you update Khandaq for House of Legends give the pots back their physics for a week so new people can see the ingenuity we used to come up with in raids.
    • Like x 1
  9. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Thats how my group used to handle it back in the day. Sometimes a dps would switch to heal if we ran into struggles.
  10. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Oh that's comforting... and this was before Artifacts and the power revamps that make power management better for Superpower-focus.
  11. Controller Devoted Player

I don't know, lol - the groups I pugged with tried to do 1-1-1-1 just to be safe.
  12. C3alix Committed Player

It was usually a lengthy break of the dps going to watchtower, getting all of their healer gear, resetting their skill points, and waiting for them to respec lol
  13. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Yeah this before tier 4. A lot of groups were still running 2 trolls and 2 heals, but those groups always took so long to beat Fos2 we just went 1 of each to chase that insane 45 minute feat and usually got it done in around 48 minutes.
  14. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Oh boy we were on ps3 when we ran fos2 for the first time. Ive argued with some of yall for along time. Heck i some of yall are the reason my first account got sent on the long vacation… we’ve come a long ways boys. I kinda feel like we in that stage where the old musicians go on tours singing their old songs from their golden days.

Lets go save the Universe or whatever.
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Or....

Left: Everyone else
    Right: Battle-Tank ;)