how to get 80% more membership after Update41

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Punkpirate, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Add power coloring, and you make more money then any MMO 12 years in the making not even kidding. Monthly power color change ability i will buy lifetime probably.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. RTX Well-Known Player

That type of post you normally just see in Hacker-Forums. What you mean by Power color change? Having green ice? Or violet fire? People either smoking to much or taking the rainbow side to serious. At some point we’re reaching a limit where things doesn’t fit anymore, i‘m pretty sure you’re trolling otherwise we have to worry about your 80% believing in a flat earth.
  4. Apollonia Dedicated Player

They're referring to powerset "styles" basically. They want to be able to have custom non-standard looks for their powers. And yes, it's a very old and very popular request.
    • Like x 2
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Have any data to back your claim of 80% increase? Have any data that will back your claim that it will make dcuo more money than any other game? If anything why would it even increase membership sells? If it’s something that valuable than wouldn’t they be better if selling it as a respec token? And what happens when a player changes power? Does the color stay? Does it go? Someone might wanna change than because they like the colors of a power. So will they have to switch colors after switching powers? Seems expensive. They could make it so that the color goes away. But then you get the crowd who will be angry and say they wasted money. Why even lock it behind a paywall? So many questions
    • Like x 5
  6. Shalayah Committed Player

The ability to color my power wouldn’t even increase my chances of buying a membership by 0.01%

But then again I’m not a style guru so this doesn’t affect me.
    • Like x 2
  7. Panderus Senior Producer

I totally want to do this at some point in the future, but this is the sort of thing I do NOT want to lock behind Membership. As a general rule I do not want to lock content or features behind a subscription. Membership in my mind should provide additional benefits or inconvenience but not create a clear divide between those who don't subscribe.

As a free to play game and one that releases regular updates every 3-4 months I don't want people to feel like, "oh, well I would have to subscribe/resubscribe to play the game." I want people to come play the game, when it matches their desires, and if they stick around, and they want to, spend on things they want to spend on. It should not feel required to spend money in the game to enjoy the content to engage with the systems.

However, if you want ALL the things the game has available like the new costumes, or max level Artifacts and Allies... Yea, you might have to spend to get that, but it shouldn't feel required outside maybe Elite content.
    • Like x 23
  8. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

How about give all players one more free armory(not tradable)? Since we'll get free access to lairs system and utility belt, 2nd free armory for everyone not will hurt the game. People which like to play different builds and create a lot of costumes anyway will buy additional armories, but everyone will get an opportunity to play both roles or more than one build without restrictions. With stat clamp it's will be very good addition.
    • Like x 3
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Fun Fact: Almost 90% of statistic percentages are made up. I read it on the internet....
    • Like x 4
  10. Revafall Well-Known Player

Can I just say, I really appreciate how you are handling this game, you seem to have a good grasp on what is reasonable and feasible, along with what the community wants. Just thought you should know. I know there are many devs involved, but your vision seems very healthy for the game, and you have your priorities straight in terms what the game need. I really like that.
    • Like x 2
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Powerset styles. We've been asking for a very long time for these. Spytle had been telling us "no" since beta, on the grounds of messaging. So. It's nice to see there's been some movement away from his mindset. However, I'd prefer you monetize it -- so you can easily point to it as a source of revenue worth investing in because we've seen how this has been a problem with Powersets themselves.

But even if I prefered you monetized this feature, and didn't, it's still nice to see the growth on this issue.
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Studies have shown that 4 out of 5 dentists agree.
    • Like x 1
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Good point in the last part the devs have made the elite raids fairly easy if i remember correctly they dont even consider our rank 200 artifacts when adjusting/scaling elite raids which is absolutly a bad move endgame players (mostly membership players) want hard Elite raids sadly the dev team still seems to be scared to give us this i hope you can speak with them. I said it lots of times the episode bracket list on twitter and the episodes that were rank 1,2,3 all had very high raid difficulty.
  14. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

They should pull a bloodborne & give us some horrifying penalties to make elite truly punishing. Half health, constant poison DoT, no movement, no utilty, & etc. high damaging enemies is fine but in the end, any bot can be defeated w/ strategy. Punishing status effects in my opinion would be the true elite
    • Like x 1
  15. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah a very neat idea indeed I would love to change one of my water alts blue color into a blueish greenish color oh that would look so pretty and Gorgeous. I can also see allot of hard light powersets going blue for blue lanterns lol.
    • Like x 1
  16. zNot Loyal Player

Yea agreed we just have to get the message accross to panderus i think he knows that elite raids are supposed to be difficult and keep us busy like old raids did (like Fos,batcave raids) thats one of the key reasons why dcuo did so well back then i remember i asked few players to return to dc before episode 40 hit and everyone said something similar „too easy of a game“ i dont know why the devs are fine with this if so many things such as the Episode bracket list speak for the fact that high difficulty made dcuo so good.

If we cant even have 1 actually difficult Elite raid per episode then its no surprise why many endgame players have quit dcuo and why so many on the forums have complained about this topic.
  17. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

What is already happening, take latest braniac boss fight there is way much happening and all colors in the spectrum are present anyways ingame already, so what make u seizure if someone has green or black flame ?
    • Like x 1
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

I dont know what rousing inspirational speech you guys were given for these bold changes, but keep it up.
    • Like x 2
  19. Dianatique Well-Known Player

And ur saying this doesnt do that now?...hmmm.
    • Like x 1
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

I bug Panderus every other week to a month about powerset customization of some sort. I'd love to see it. Other hero MMOs I've played have done it very well.
    • Like x 9