Polymorph and Horrific Visage and the Death of PvP

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Superpatriot, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

wasnt trolling super like your videos by the way just stated that because people were saying it should be removed from the game so very constructive to topic. and everyone doesnt do it for the lag they do it for the time you can hit your advisary with out them healing or hitting you back(like it says in discription of power). hence to controll your target. you dont like it thats cool but its not broken. the lag in transformations is across all powers and effects everyone try being nature for a while we have had shorter and longer waits through shifts all through out this game many that would get you killed just trying to change into your supercharge getting wailed upon the whole time not being able to block or attack just stand there and get beat on. welcome to the club
  2. Potent New Player

Whats worse about the PvP trinket: It doesn't work even if you use it BEFORE they try to dog/ghost you.
    You can pop a PvP Trinket to breakout from a stun, or being knocked down, and be ghosted as quickly as your character pops up.(Even though you should have control immunity for the next couple seconds)
    • Like x 4
  3. Potent New Player

Contradict much?
    The only reason there is so much time that the person cannot fight back.......IS THE LAG.
    Just because the lag happens across ALL transformations, doesn't mean that it is not broken.
    It means that EVERY transformation is broken, with transformation lag. It is not intended(it never happened before megaservers).
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

id rather just be made unable to do anything for however long than be transformed, the transformation in and out is doubled in 5v5 and 8v8 than what you see in like 2v2 1v1
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

that was a typo and was corrected in editing which you would have seen if your werent such a *** and wanted to jump on my argument lol. yea IM all for fixing the lag in transformation to fix across the board but ghoast and dog should still hold you in that state for a set amount of time what ever that time my be. children and their childish arguments think everyone is attacking them
  6. Potent New Player

I know what the typo was.
    I was referring to your corrected statement.
    You say people don't do it because of the lag.....they do it because of the amount of time the player is left helpless.
    However, like I stated, the amount of time the player is left helpless is DUE TO THE LAG.
    Therefore, even your corrected statement contradicts itself.
    Before Megaservers, if you ghosted/dogged a player, they would hit breakout, and immediately be transformed back to their normal state.
    It was no different than being stunned, knockbacked, rooted, etc.
    Ghosting/Dogging SHOULD NOT leave a player in a helpless state for any amount of time if they have the power to perform a breakout, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER CONTROL EFFECT.
    • Like x 2
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there is a timer on stuns much as the consumables have a timer that you cant break out for a set amount of time. people use the consumables and you cant break out and that has nothing to do with transformations. before megaservers DOM mattered for your encasements that was changed with a update also before mega servers there were no such things as imunities were you flash blue so alot has changed since then
  8. Mista E New Player

the lagg issue with transformations in pvp is rediculous, in regards to dogging and ghosting.
    They should take out those effects and add a stun or a root in regards to those powers.

Several times I have been dogged broke out a few seconds after... then turned into a ghost... I couldn't heal block or attack for around 5-10 seconds...
  9. Potent New Player

No, there is no timer on any control effects that prevent you from using breakout out for a certain amount of time, as long as you have 200 power, you can perform a breakout.
    Dom has never had anything to do with control effects in PvP.
    Neither of those 2 statements has anything to do with the fact that transformation lag did not happen before megaservers.
    It is now obvious you don't have any idea what you're talking about, or how these game mechanics work.
    Thank you, our conversation is done, have a nice day.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mista E New Player

the more i read your comments, the more it shows how much you do not know about pvp mechanics.

The difference between dogging/ghosting and any other CC effect like stuns,roots and knockbacks, is the lagg associated with it and how it completely REMOVES YOUR LOADOUT. When i get stunned by a power,weapon or consumable, my loadout doesnt disappear and I can break out of it and I can actualy become immune to it (either by a blue immunity or pvp trinket), but when it comes to transformations I get transformed... my pvp trinket doesn't break me out of it nor give me immunity agaisnts it, my loadout DISAPPEARS, I have to mash r1 to breakout... which takes a few seconds..and I got to wait for my loadout to come back... and since I get no immunity agaisnt this cc effect...often times I get dogged or ghosted again....

NO OTHER CC EFFECT IN THE GAME DOES THAT.

It needs to be removed and brought inline with the other cc effects in the game. The ps3 for whatever reason can not handle the transformations properly anymore.
    • Like x 2
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

it not working for you doesnt change the fact that its the trasformation lag that is causing the issue not the act of being transformed which is the use of the power and both of those things dont make me not understand how the system works I understand it just fine I just dont belive the powers should be removed and if you damn people would read you would see im agreeing with the fact that the transformation lag needs to be fixed I am nature and it really sucks but that fact alone doesnt mean a whole group of powers should be changed to stroke yalls egos in PVP take your loss and move on like everyone else. there not going to remove a power because of system lag if that were true nature would have been gone from practaly the begining
  12. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Sounds very boring.
  13. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    I find it impossible to ever break away from Ghost Dog when it's on.
  14. Aqua New Player

new ice form says hello, may not be a specific power but it was affected by transformation lag and now its fixed.

sorc and nature are up next for revamp, I'm willing to bet is very likely devs will look at their transformations. And it would be nothing to dip into mental again as they just tinkered with menace in the fire/ice update. be silly for devs to just ignore this.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mista E New Player

once again you have missed it completely...

And your attempt to insult pvpers is laughable.

its simple, if transformations do not work... and the devs can not make it work.... then remove them... its simple...

Like i said before... the cc effects from the transformations (dogging/ghosting) is too much and we get NO IMMUNITY AGAINST IT.

Do you understand that? or do I or someone else have to explain it again to you for the 3rd or 4th time? And we are not talking about every transformation power, because natures transformations only affect the caster... gorilla,insectoid,dog, ect. BUT the transformation powers in sorc and mental effect other players. Mentals ghosting affects multiple players... sorcs dogging affects multiple players... and when they are combined.... LOOOL.... so since these CC effects from these powers are broken, they need to be changed and broought inline with the other cc effects in the game.

How many times does this have to be spelled out for you?
    • Like x 1
  16. 478874 Dedicated Player

Drathmor, with all do respect, you seem like you are trolling this topic. Please stop. Others in this thread are trying to shed light on a situations where game mechanics are being abused. This isn't just exclusive to the "5 sync" PvP crowd. I've seen people rage on these forums about poly, ghost and other transformation lag for over a year. It needs to be addressed.
  17. ARI ATARI New Player

yes, we have been talking about solutions to this, random que'ing actualyl ahs been alot of fun, we let our opponents drop orbital strikes and call out the pokemon and we dont do it in return and it becomes a comedy... that has had its moments as of late.
    • Like x 1
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

HA im in no way making fun of PVP its the best part of this game and the only part I like. Im just sick and tired of whining cry babys ohh I cant win every match please nerf everyone else so I can win.......... its sad Im on here every week all day long and last 2 weeks was swarm we said if the numbers were wrong it will get fixed and it did. this transformation isnt something new it has been in game for a long time and is just the new FOTM for crying. I want PVP to be ballanced just like everyone else but having every power removed from game doesnt do that it just puts something else in line to be top move that everyone uses. IF the DEV's want to address the lag in transformations great but if they dont live with what you get and keep playing or dont. AGAIN I get you cant break out I just dont want the power removed it will only hurt the powers in every other part of the game. you want to bring ballance at least as close as you can get to it in PVP anymore take utlilty belts out of Arena's and most of the lag and problems will go away. well just be back to timing and imunities again.
  19. Potent New Player

Dude, seriously. You just need to stop talking after the red sentence.
    Once again, contradict much?
    How can the act of transforming not be the cause of transformation lag? Not sure if serious?

PS: Its not about stroking egos, or winning or losing.
    Its the fact that 4/5 Premades use a Mental Troll and a Sorcery Healer just to abuse transformation lag.
    It gets old fast(Kind of like how running the same raids for a year gets old fast) when every match is the same fight but with different names.
  20. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

stop quoting Drathmor he is obviously one of those guys that will just keep going if you keep talking to him directly, its leading no where for the discussion
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.