Devs why did you abandon us?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by tier1player, Aug 10, 2021.

1. tier1player Active Player

Daybreak Games

As a PVP player, I feel extremely sad that you did with us this way for 5+ years and you continues.
    You only focus on PVE and revenues... that's all what matters to you, you just show it and you act like that.

PVP is completely wrecked and deserted and you don't care. We PVP players also belong to this community and we also deserve something! We also were your customers!!! SHAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I regret i ever started playing your game.
    • Like x 6
  2. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I do not represent the company at all, but I will say I'm sorry you feel the way you do.

I know it's been a very long time since any sort of PVP update, but you never know...one could be close.

They are trying to change the PVE experience as we speak. Maybe, just maybe, they have a plan for PVP somewhere down the line.

They did mention there was a PVP vendor in the new HQ, so they haven't totally forgotten it exists. (^_^)

I'm sure they have data, and are well aware of the faults in their current PVP system.

Don't give up hope.
    • Like x 6
  3. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

I hope future games use this as an ex to sometimes leave things alone. Pvp players loved it the only request that was asked for a simple couple limit amount of pet trinkets and allow for Group queing, which later was given once it had already starting going down hill.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

It is not so much the Dev's who abandoned it, they see the community is divided and there is not much support from the PvE players, so that probably puts them in a grey spot of "how will we tackle this huge issue with only a few minorities voicing their disatisfaction, when on the other hand the main Income is coming from PvE, but those players are enjoying the game as it is".
  5. BƖack Dedicated Player

It is them m8, it's only them, the devs completely ignore the pvp community.

Look at all those posts in PVP section where people litellary beg developers to fix PVP etc.

People want changes but their requests and the players itself are ignored by the company.

It's all Daybreak's fault and only them.
    • Like x 6
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Maybe so which is why I said "probably" to stay safe from the backlash lol, when SOE changed to Daybreak, imo PvP went south and never came back, the game became more PvE oriented, but I gotta say while it is a problem that the developers don't acknlowedge us as worthy customers, I also think the partial blame lies within the community as well, there is no drive from their big audience( the PvE players), also given that the team working on this game is still relatively small and given the mentality of most PvE players on these forums, the Dev's wouldn't take their chances with PvP over PvE for 1 month knowing there will be a big uproar from the entitled PvE players, It's a big mess if you ask me.
    • Like x 1
  7. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

PvP makes the game zero money. Until a way is found to monetize it, it will remain dead. The devs won't waste their time and resources on something they can't make a profit from.

And don't say people will come back and sub or something along those lines as we know it's not true because PvP is F2P.

So instead of complaining about how PvP is dead, offer up ways to make it worth the devs time to work on.

Sorry to sound like an a******, but this comes up so often.
  8. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

Ideas have already been brought up. One I'm leading more towards was the battle pass idea. It's up to the Devs now.
    • Like x 1
  9. 23rd Emperor Active Player

How does pve make them money as well? It's all about the entertainment, isn't it? If they were willing to upgrade pvp personally I would buy membership after that and that would be making them money wouldn't it? And there are plenty of other threads giving ideas on how to make PvP better and more fun for the players.
    • Like x 1
  10. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

How does PvE make money? You're joking right? Replay Badges and Artifacts. People dump tons of money into those to grind out gear and have everything best in slot.

Your sub to play PvP is nothing compared to what PvE rakes in.

I didn't ask how to make PvP better or more fun. I asked how you suggest to monetize it. Replay badges to earn marks each match like it used to be? Like I said, if it isn't earning them money (good money, not a few subs) it won't be touched.
  11. 23rd Emperor Active Player

Sometimes people only use Replay Badges to earn gear just to duel other players with the same amount of cr as them and artifacts also matter in duels. It would be a more fun environment for those players if PvP was better because it is already as fun as it is right now but everyone agrees it can definitely be better.

You weren't specific when you said "offer up ways to make it worth the devs time to work on." my misinterpretation didn't have to make you turn into an a******.

PvP would already be monetized because players spend money to change their powers and membership status just to be as good as the best players who play this game spending money on artifacts and augments to win duels or maybe arena matches to get better gear.
    • Like x 2
  12. Alsovar New Player

As much as I love my custom character and doing PvE content, I do miss the incentive of playing iconic characters more or doing more player to player action that seems dead and empty these days. Queueing for them seems like pulling teeth.

I really hope one day after this upcoming big update they also overhaul PvP as well.
    • Like x 2
  13. 23rd Emperor Active Player

I like to diagnose PvP action as live because every day in the Hall of Doom I see players dueling a lot and talking trash in chat which is interesting to see and read for fun and laughs and when you queue up for PvP instances like Arena and Legends I can see how it seems to be dead. I don't know which platform you play on, but I play on Ps4 on the US servers. If you have otherwise, I can completely understand you! Over here it's pretty alive if I do say so myself.

Villain too, by the way. (I try to sound as kind as possible in this message!!!)
  14. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

People shouldn't have to give them ideas on how to monetized there own game honestly they should play it themselves and see if they haven't already. I don't pvp much at all but I feel extremely bad for all the player's who want something done but haven't gotten anything it's just sad and embarrassing.
    • Like x 2
  15. BƖack Dedicated Player

I actually curious if devs play their game... rather not because if they would, they would see how broken and dead pvp is.
    All knowledge is probably based on players experiences and feedbacks kekw.
    • Like x 2
  16. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

I wished I stopped playing the game 8 years ago instead of hanging on for as long as I did. I kept thinking that the devs would realize their mistake and change pvp back to what it should be but these devs are stubborn and will never listen. I honestly think they actually hate the pvp community and want us all to just go away.
  17. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

pvp in fortnite makes fortnite ZERO dollars yet somehow the devs still make money! a mystery indeed!
    you do not need to monetize pvp.
    • Like x 1