Stat clamp is going to ruin DCUO- Please reconsider making this go live

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JSnaples, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's not bold at all. I've seen dozens to hundreds of names weigh in here and in game who are unhappy about the changes.

Obviously making it optional is the ideal choice.
    • Like x 1
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Well Said and I whole heartedly agree. Stamp Clamping is a horrible idea and there are more players in the game then on these forums that agree and the devs only listen to a few forums people to get thier ideas from
    • Like x 1
  3. Solarbound Committed Player

As a max CR player, I'm just here to say you don't speak for all of us. The funniest thing in all of this is, among all of those who oppose, no one has made a solid argument of how this is detrimental to the game. All I see from everyone is, "Boo hoo, I can't one shot anymore!" In your case OP, you're doing the same exact thing. And, I can't sympathize.

You know, I'm not someone who's on test. But, I have been watching footage from testers who post such content on social media apps like YouTube. Based on what I've watched so far, no one is showing to be "struggling" within instances that are clamped. You may hear the occasional "Oh, I don't feel as strong." Something like that is a given in a clamped state. Yet, they have all shown to be more than strong enough to easily complete the content.

Why are we complaining, though? If you're a max CR player like me, typically you wouldn't waste your time in running content of much lower tiers anyway. Yet, now we're being placed into a scenario where such content becomes incentivized for us. Most importantly, the newer players who are looking for a reason to stick around. One of those key elements towards helping to generate a healthier game state for DCUO. Mind you, a standard practice among top-market MMOs.

If there's anything of this subject that ruins DCUO, it's higher tier players like ourselves randomly popping up in instances mowing through the content that's relevant to those of much lower tiers. THAT ruins their experience. Yet, you want to sit here and act like they should feel privileged for running with players who are capable of doing such? LOL! I think that's where you lose your argument. Sounds like you need to get over yourself a bit.

It's just weird seeing how much entitlement is surrounding this issue. It's almost like we're spectating the outbursts of a bunch of spoiled children. That's just sad. And, the argument is so contradicting. Because no one with years of experience in this game cared enough to run older content. We've been there, done that. We don't need Khandaq. We don't need FOS 2. And, we definitely don't need Paradox Wave, lol.

But, now all of a sudden everyone feels a desire to go back to such said content and it's a problem because they can't one shot anymore? Talking about nonsense like trying to attain old feats won't be as easy. It's almost like saying you don't deserve those feats to begin with, as they were always doable in the days of their relevancy.

I don't feel sorry for players like you; I just don't. The players who are only thinking about themselves and can't realize the importance of why such a decision is being made. Pathetic -_-
    • Like x 9
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well that's a problem right there. You and few dozen others can't represent everyone. People need to come here and speak up for themselves. But if their attitude is "what's the point, they won't listen"...well, they'll be right because they never spoke up.
    • Like x 2
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I don't need to represent anyone but my own experience in the games there bobbalouie. It is common sense and experince that makes this whole stat clamping a bad idea. Some people don't have leagues to run or lfg to find good players to help with content. All the work to level up our artfacts to 200 and max cr and stat points means northing if I am stat clamped in older content. So No I don't need no representation to make a comment of my opinion
    • Like x 1
  6. Canadian Justice Committed Player

An overzealous clamp will be just as harmful to the game as one shotting things.

The initial test appearance... horrid. Without a doubt, if that went live, the game would have suffered immeasurably. The good news, we've already had a few clamping tweaks. Things are much more playable (and enjoyable) now compared to that initial version. It's nowhere near perfect, I'd still like to see numerous little (maybe not so little) tweaks. But there is still time to tweak things.

With that said, I've never once logged in and said to myself, "How can I help some random player today?" and proceeded to set my progress aside to do so. If I cross paths with someone that wants/needs/asks for help and I can, sure I'll do it. I've ran feats with/for total strangers, wrote multi email strategy guides for some random guy that asked for help. The upcoming changes will do nothing to alter that.

A clamped instance isn't some magic fix to basic human nature. If anything, I can see some people becoming more isolationist within cliques/leagues, some will venture out into the wild and be nice and helpful, and others will venture out and spew toxicity at the "trash" players ruining an instance. Basically how things are now.

Like all past foundational changes, this is being done becuase the devs deem it necessary. I'm pretty sure this change is here to stay. My league knows my reasonings and my suspicions as to why we're getting this change and it's nowhere close to making things new player friendly.
    • Like x 8
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just as some food for thought, I tend to underplay my characters and don't really chase the meta all too often. So when I went on to Test I tried to match up that character to be as close to her live server counterpart as possible. So this is what I've been working with on Test.

CR 210 Electric Damage using Handblasters, 278 SP spent.
    Artifacts: Tetrahedron 129
    Omegahedron 123
    Legionnaire's AI 136

Go ahead and laugh, I don't mind. :D See, even with running that setup I'm doing just fine in content runs of instances I'm familiar with. In some cases I'm doing better, as I'm getting quicker runs through Last Son of Krypton on Test than I am on Live.

If I'm doing well with an underplayed character that isn't using any sort of Artifact meta, I think the fully geared folks are gonna be fine. ;)
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I am just wondering; from your testing, would say this is an affect of being “up scaled” if that is the correct word for why your underplayed character performs so well? Also, I hope you are making reports to the Devs over on Test, this is information they need to know.

Thank you for taking the time to test.
    • Like x 3
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yet you are wrong about the free ride. There are plenty of players who enjoy the free ride and will likely miss it when it's gone. Whenever I run into a duo or alert and I'm way over the other player/players I'll ask directly...do they want me to leave them to do the work...are they working on a feat...any objections to me wrecking stuff. Guess what, I've never been told to leave or sit on my hands, most will ask 'can you help us with XYZ feat (or that they will take any feats they can get) or that they object to stuff blowing up with ease. Now. Could it be they are sighing "ugh...another OP guy who won't let us run" under their breath? Maybe... I'm normally not on Group/instance chat. But I can tell you to say ALL players want a constant struggle is nuts. As far as players getting kicked for not knowing things, I'd say you will see way more of that after the clamp as groups realize that 1 or 2 'weak' players will actually impact things vs being able to carry them. Or do you not see calls for 'current' runs/feats that require certain SP/Artis/Augs or 'exp only'. Well, that isn't going to change for the better after the clamp...it will now apply to all content instead of just the last 3 or 4 DLC.

And the fact that you are saying that the game should be 'enjoyable to all players' when obviously there are some who are actually saying they WON'T enjoy the change, is kookie. 'All players' should also include OP goons who want to blow stuff up and get out quick. The clamp should be an option, or remove the clamp and go with AQS and limit the intermixing of the 2 groups of players. That way you really could accommodate 'all players' wishes. And when those lowbies don't have the OPs random queuing in they can have a much more authentic experience naturally....I mean there are so many out there yearning for it, I'd guess those queues would be popping like mad, right?
    • Like x 3
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So would someone with your views be against removing the upcoming clamping of high crs that's already going to upscale low crs and instead making all content and instances upscaled to near end game levels instead while creating the upscaling but removing the clamping? Doesn't that sound easier to everyone? Make all content called up to tier 9/ low t10 and when a cr43 goes in, they get buffed to relevant and if you're a cr342, you stay the same. It gets adjusted as needed
  11. Nangaf Well-Known Player

Im a old player from the beginning of the game and for me The stat revamp of 2017 break the game, now you only need dps to run all so easily, i remember the old time, when you need role to play this game, soooo good.
    it is time to do something, maybe is stat clamp.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Seriously, exaggeration is useless if you're trying to make a serious point. While you can debate that the role of Controller has been made a little redundant, the same cannot be said for tanks and healers. With the changes coming up, all roles will be needed for the majority of players.
    • Like x 2
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Maybe eventually, but for now, ill see you in synced FoS2.;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Probably not. I'll definitely be running but I tend not to group with toxic people.
    • Like x 3
  15. Roocck Committed Player

This is exactly what’s going to happen…
    • Like x 3
  16. Roocck Committed Player

I will be on that bus….
  17. Roocck Committed Player

How about clamp or no clamp option and everyone can still win
    • Like x 1
  18. Solarbound Committed Player

Why are you using my CR to drive such a point when I've already made it clear I'm in support of this change? What you're insisting actually sounds counterintuitive -_-
    • Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, I've been testing solo content that I'm currently running on live as well as revisiting some older solos and some walk-ins portals for duos (mainly Tunnel of Lust). It's a combination of stuff I'm running on live and stuff I'm likely to run once the update goes live.

But the changes they've made to the tiers means that everything I'm running is now below my tier. A CR of 210 puts you into Tier 5 in the update and T5 seems to start with Deluge, which I haven't started running on live yet. So everything I'm running puts me at a CR lower than 210 but still about 10 above the NPCs I face.

Even with being clamped down, the enemies I face are (for the most part) melting pretty quickly. Some boss fights in the duo walk-ins go a little longer (guessing because it's meant for two players) but in general opponents drop pretty quickly and I've not really had to resort to Healing Barrels or Soders much (if at all) in my fights even though it was something I'd rely on in some fights at CR.

Even though my character is underplayed both on live and on Test, those stats I get from Artifacts and the like after the clamp are making a difference. I'm not one-shotting anything, but in many cases it's more like when you're running the lowest content that will still give you Marks as part of the rewards. For me it'd be like running content from Amazon Fury 3 or maybe Science Spire at CR 210.

And it's no problem on testing, I really want to see things be in the best possible place when the update goes live, even if I'm just concentrating on the stuff I normally run. I can't encourage people enough to make a test character and hit the test server as much as they can, especially if they have concerns about where they'll end up after the clamps take place.
    • Like x 3
  20. Dev72 Dedicated Player

The salt from the Q Qs of the anti-stamp clamping crowed is growing deeper and deeper. I wonder of the percentage of these Q Qs are from the players that followed the bad concept that CR is and will always be the ultimate stat, and nothing else really matters, that carried on since post Advanced Mechanic. :rolleyes:

Outside of the new toys to play with, the update is just removing the old residue of the AM debacle.
    • Like x 5