Test Discussion Episode 41: On Duty UI

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inferno Loyal Player

I actually find it more useful to use the old interface, as I am able to be particular of where I want to be lumped into.
    • Like x 5
  2. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

This is why I suggest a hybrid. The design of the new UI and the function of the old. Leave the quick play option alone and give us the option to que specifically what we want. That way if someone is trying to run a certain instance for feats, there is no chance involved..they can just que it.
    • Like x 1
  3. inferno Loyal Player

I think Panderus has replied that they are in discussion into changing the interface of the Omnibus to allow grouping of types of content.

Myself, It seems the old UI allows me a little bit more control. So I hope they will keep both UIs up so that I can always just use the old one. Ahh, the ways of the Old; we just get stuck in our ways.
    • Like x 2
  4. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

A fair point :) I know all too well about being stuck in my ways lol. I'll be eagerly following any updates on 41. I know many aren't, but I'm excited.
    • Like x 1
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What is the point of the quick queue for endgame content?

Since lootlock is still a thing there, why would i go ahead and randomly queue up with a chance of going into my lootlocked instance? Or does it not put me into lootlocked instances? If so, this is not clear until further testing has been done.

Also, where is the daily 1000Nth metal reward Redfive talked about? I thought its tied to omnibus and should be displayed upon clicking on omnibus but theres nothing and you also dont get it while completing instances through omnibus. Looks like the huge empty panel on the right side of the UI should be used for that purpose.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    It is a little too easy to grief the queuing system:

I had a second client open with Omnibus selected. All I did I was keep clicking the "Cancel Queue" and "Ready" buttons in the second client.

People are going to use this functionality to grief other players on low-population servers.

EDIT:
    This doesn't apply to just duos. You can grief other content formats the same way.
    • Like x 2
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    You can't even queue for Omnibus if you have an odd-numbered of people in the group. Here is an example:

EDIT:
    I take that back. You can't even queue Omnibus if you have a 4 player group.You have to use "Custom Play". Here is a video:

I'm guessing it isn't working because the duos are listed in the pool of available instances and a >= 3 man group isn't allowed to queue for those.
    • Like x 3
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    It feels like the Omnibus matchmaker is intentionally favoring duo content over any other form of content. For one test, I formed a 4 man group and used Custom Play to queue into the 4 man Oan Science Cells instance. After that, I had two players leave the instance. Those two players met in House of Legends and formed a group. The two people that were left in Oan Science Cells then voted to open the instance for Matchmaking. The group in House of Legends then queued using the Omnibus Feature and were offered a duo.

The two that were grouped up in House of Legends declined the duo, disbanded their group, each one queued a few seconds apart using Omnibus, and then they saw prompts for Oan Science Cells.
    • Like x 2
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I created a brand new character and they are unable to queue for Omnibus:

I can queue for group content if I use the Custom Play feature.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Looking at the updated Omnibus system tonight, I was initially very confused about how the "Ready" feature worked for the new categories. It took me a couple of minutes to realize you can only queue for one category of content under Omnibus. So, it is impossible to select "duos, alerts, and raids." If you queue up for a "raid" first and go back to the "Alert" category, you will only see choice to "Unready" or "Cancel Queue." If you do click "Unready" in that situation and click "Ready" again while in the "Alert" category, you will be queued back up for a Raid.

My initial reaction is that this seems very counterintuitive. I should be able to queue up for multiple categories of content under Omnibus at one time. If I click "Unready" in one category and click "Ready" again, I'd expect the current category to be selected.

This applies to the other categories too. You can't queue for Omnibus and Save the Universe content at the same time.

The old "On Duty" window is much more flexible in this regard.

Here is a demonstration video:

Also, this image just looks weird with Wonder Woman and Flash being mirrored from the original image:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

When selecting Save the Universe. The Combat Rating Requirement for Solo and Alert is 100 but Raid is CR requirement 30.

When on my CR33 Toon, the Omnibus Raid section shows the Tier 2 and its Locked. Solos, Duos, and Alerts doesnt have this section shown
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

Save the Universe Selection, Power Core is showing as having an Event Version. Solo and Alert shows no Event version
    • Like x 1
  13. inferno Loyal Player

With the new UI update, it now categorizes the content per duo, alert and raid and now contains cr restriction to access higher tiered instances.

This lockout can be bypassed by going Custom play and selecting these higher tiered instances and play them.
  14. L T Devoted Player

I was going to report the same thing!

ALSO:

By default, both roles are selected. That's not really good, as it will lead to many more people in q for roles they can't play.

You select your role at the top level, and the difficulty and type of content at lower levels. This doesn't allow you to decide "I'll heal the alert, but I only feel like dpsing the raid".

For the Recent Raids section, consider restructuring the content so that you can q all raids, all alerts, or all duos.
    • Like x 1
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or who worked on it but next to your character name there is a figure that let's you know that your character is flying or not. I think that was a neat visualization.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    There needs to be a hover-over tooltip for this section of the UI:
    [IMG]

I think some people are not going to immediately recognize that currency as being Reply Badges. I had to look up the icon in the Currency tab just to make sure.
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There should be a penalty of 5 minutes for declining 5 queues in a row - for anything on duty related.
    • Like x 1
  18. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hover-over tooltip doesnt work for console because we have no cursor.
    Writing it next to it might just do the trick.
    • Like x 1
  19. Millbarge Developer

I've resolved this issue internally, rumor is it may get patched out today

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  20. Millbarge Developer

This should also be resolved in the next patch

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.