Stat clamp is going to ruin DCUO- Please reconsider making this go live

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JSnaples, Aug 11, 2021.

1. JSnaples Committed Player

Can someone please explain to me what the point is of nerfing us in older content? The whole point of dcuo is to make your character stronger. Thats the whole point of aiming for max cr...for max sp...for 200 arts..
    Whats the point and purpose of dcuo anymore if we are just as weak as new players?

Are people crying about high cr people just completely dominating old raids or alerts? Lol really? New players should be thankful that they are getting a free ride through an instance. Its so hard to level up from level 4 to max cr now a days... I mean they have like 40 dlcs to go through its very time consuming. Who the hell is wanting to make old content harder or make the game harder for new players? We really want 2 hour long fos3 and dox groups again? People can already barely do throne without dying...

Please reconsider making this go live. Ive seen multiple people saying them or their friends have no interest in playing dcuo with this stat clamp, if you dont believe me then go check out the comments on the youtube videos about the stat clamp. People arent excited about this, I dont know why anyone would be excited to be nerfed and realize they wasted their time leveling up their toon.
    You want content to be harder for you? Take off some gear or make a new toon. A lot of us actually enjoy feeling rewarded by being able to not have to struggle in instances anymore. I havent played dcuo since 2012 to be just as weak as 2021 players. This is a terrible idea that is going to ruin dcuo, theres nothing wrong with the way the system is now.
    • Like x 26
  2. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

I'm not going to get into a huge debate with you on this.

New players don't get to experience anything when high cr people come in and obliterate everything in sight. Not everything is a race. It's been said time and time again, our sp, arts and augments will make a difference even after being clamped.

We can go back and forth on that all day, but I'm not going to. People hear "clamp" and freak out. Is it ideal? Not for everyone. Is it beneficial towards newer players? Probably. Do I love one shotting everything? Sometimes, other times it's just mind numbingly boring. To each their own. I'll still be here. I'm sorry that so many view it as such a dirty word..but I don't think it's going to be all bad. Have a nice day! :)
    • Like x 10
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 12
  4. JSnaples Committed Player

Its not really the players job to teach new players everything, but thats only with the times they actually get queued up with a high cr. You have to q up for a lot of stuff so the chances that they always get someone to do everything for them is extremely unlikely. Ive made alts and leveled them up recently and theres been plenty of times that the highest cr wasnt high enough to burn through everything.
    Also what about players still needing SP from old content? Theres like 40 dlcs full of feats...im willing to bet maybe 7 percent of the players on dcuo actually have max sp. You are going to end up screwing over everyone else trying to "teach new players something"? Teach them what exactly?
    • Like x 6
  5. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

So you’re asking people to explain what’s happening, yet you’re calling for DI to backtrack this decision.

This is going to be the best thing for players and the overall heart of the game. It makes no sense for a 10 year old game to only focus on 3 chapters at the end of it.

Stop calling for them to make changes when you have absolutely no clue as to what’s going on. You’re exactly what’s wrong with this forum and the game
    • Like x 3
  6. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Yeah Bc you were never new. And you immediately knew how to play when you first started
    • Like x 4
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Is it really fun to just obliterate everything and being able to one shot bosses ?

It’s a way to make old content relevant again the last 3 dlcs being relevant and everything else being a breeze can’t be healthy for an mmo

You have tons of instances that might as well be deleted since only the new people are playing them

They need to make old content be rewarding to keep people on for longer than as long as it takes to complete current content

In my opinion mechanics should never be trivialized that’s part of the fun of the instances

Requiring more than 8 dps to me is fun

Are thry nerfing the survivability ? Or just the damage … something tells me they are adjusting the instances so that endgame cr players aren’t dying from ads and minibosses and main bosses aren’t going to be as deadly

Iconic villains regardless how high cr you are should not be easily beaten ever darkseid doomsday etc should still put up a fight

And in doing so the old content should actually reward higher cr players and make it worth the instance gear/xp for augments artifacts and now allies/ source marks makes the clamping worth it and makes actually going into those incredibly crafted instances worthwhile again

Some of the best content in the game is barely being used because most people don’t bother … now there is reason to bother

Personally I think the opposite of you I think this will keep more people playing cause there’s actually stuff to do
    • Like x 6
  8. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Like others have stated above, there is no fun in running content with other players who can 1 shot adds before you can even get a hit in, it seems very selfish to not even think about other players in that regard, also it's not about helping players, it's about everyone feeling included and not just end-game players when it comes to contributing to a particular instance.
    • Like x 6
  9. BadRandom New Player

Just no, it's a good thing a huge part of players don't know what they are doing in the game they have an extremely poor understanding of the game, mechanics and of their roles, now people will learn the game how it is intended too.

People want feats? they will have to make effeorts now, and that's how it should be, and that's how it is in any MMO. This is gonna make the game better.

On top of that is gonna make the more hardcore community more active aswell cuz many many of them including me wants to go back to those raids and have some challenge again.

If you are not happy that you have to make efforts, do normal Raids, i'm not talking about you but about all those people claiming that the game is too hard.
  10. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Switch your difficulty to "one shot" mode. SOLVED

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. BadRandom New Player

Totally agree if they are not happy they can go Normal Raids, normal raids is what people keep running learning nothing and then complain that they can't do elites.
  12. Liko Well-Known Player

It'll be interesting how the non-forum and live server react:

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They should be thankful they are getting a free ride? That’s an insane mindset. It’s the games job to make the game enjoyable to all players. This change is to make the game better. Like it or not this is great for the game. New players can’t learn anything from the game if high cr players go back and nuke everything. These people that “should be thankful” get to end game and find out that the game isn’t as easy as it seemed. No these players who were carried are thrown into end game content without knowing their roles and without learning the mechanics of the game. These people drag behind. They will either not care and expect to be carried because that’s what they know, get kicked because they never learned anything and according to end game players “they should know what they are doing if they get to end game”, or they get frustrated that they are bad and quit.

Stats clamp is good for the game. Like it or not it’s needed.
    • Like x 8
  14. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Its going to be funny to read the forums a month after this goes live when no one is playing old content at all.
    • Like x 16
  15. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

The pro clampers will just blame the Endgame players that refuse to help the newcomers and call for the devs to add restrictions that will goad players into helping newcomers
    • Like x 8
  16. JSnaples Committed Player

No It's not good for this game at all. New players dont want our help? Thats fine, they can have fun waiting 8 hours for an alert to even pop up for them. Nobody is going to suffer through old content just to help out new players, if a high cr player is running old content they are either bored or need a feat/style from there. We do not need that content like they do, this games been running that way for 10 years and guess what? that has not been a problem. This games been running that way for a long time with high crs carrying low crs through content, way too late to change that now, all you're doing is putting off your loyal players. They would be grateful for a free ride if they knew the hell us vets had to go through running that content when it first came out and there was no high crs to carry us through anything. You want new players to suffer through 3 hours of batcave? fos3? paradox? have fun running fos2 with everybody balanced.

You think you're helping new players but all you're doing is pissing off the old players and we simply just wont run that content. So how wells that gonna work out for new players when they been queued up for a bunch of instances and nothings popping up?
    • Like x 8
  17. JSnaples Committed Player

Don't stat clamp at all
    PROBLEM SOLVED
    No but seriously though whats the point of "stat clamping" if we have an option to not use it? That makes absolutely no sense
    • Like x 1
  18. JSnaples Committed Player

I can see it now... all the new players will be running to the forums "How come I been qd up for this raid all week and I havent gotten in one time??"
    Theres no fun in 1 shotting content? LOL Maybe not to you but I worked on my toons stats to make him powerful enough to do that, not so he can be nerfed because noobs are crying that everythings too easy for them. Wish I had that complaint when I first started dcuo...

All you're going to do is make high crs not even want to bother qing up for those instances anymore and then the new players will be crying again..this time that nothing will ever pop up for them besides maybe a duo
    • Like x 3
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Default clamped with marks optional unclamped without.

Everyone wins.
    • Like x 2
  20. JSnaples Committed Player

Now what reason would high crs want to bother running old content if we're going to be nerfed? You think we want to waste our time dying in dox again or something? Who asked for this? I've never seen anybody on dcuo say "Ya...I know I've been playing dcuo for years but you know what would really make this game fun again? If I could struggle running 7 year old instances again. Thats what would make dcuo great again" literally nobody has ever suggested this would be a good idea, they've tried doing this before and pulled back on it
    Whats the point of leveling up my toon if I still struggle fighting tier one doomsday in smallville? I might as well just stayed the same cr or just delete my toon and start all over, right? I mean whats the point? Low crs should be grateful they don't have to suffer as bad as we all did when we started playing dcuo. Isnt that the whole point? This would be like if my parents told me "Ya know son? You got it way too easy now a days, back in our day we got paid 3 bucks an hour and had to walk to school, so you know that $14 an hour you make at your job and that nice car/bus you get to take? THATS DONE! FOR NOW ON YOU'RE GONNA WALK EVERYWHERE AND YOU'RE GONNA BRING HOME $20 A DAY! WE GOTTA TEACH YOU KIDS ABOUT HOW HARD WE HAD IT BACK IN OUR DAY!" Thats basically what you guys sound like only instead of parents you're strangers on a video game telling people they got it too easy? C'mon now...
    • Like x 5