Omnipotent Gear: How long does it take?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cerulean Osprey, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

So I JUST made it to the endgame content after climbing from CR 85 or so to 337.

I see there’s Omnipotent gear that takes some time to fortify. As I understand it, the gear is relevant for about 3 episodes? Meaning, that the Static Goggles of Omnipotence and the Brutal Logic Wings of Omnipotence are still relevant, even after Ep 41 drops and we were to get all whatever gear comes out of that?

I’m kind of trying to prioritize. There’s a lot of stuff to go back for, and the OP items do give 50 feat points each, though it looks to be quite a grind to get them.

Any wisdom to share on how long it’ll take to get them? I only have one character at endgame, while my strongest alt is only 95 CR.
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If you start at this episode and work your way all the way back, that's pretty much the order of difficulty to obtaining them. It has gotten easier over the years basically. But the old ones that are collection based will be tougher as the content gets older because even when new, some collections took over a year to get while running the content daily.

As far as their usefulness/ longevity, the mask will be decent with the new dlc but will hold your cr back. Some stats will be better from vendor gear. The back will be better than any new gear. So you would replace your mask last but still use it for the majority of the new dlc.
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Time will tell but some players enjoy running old content for those op colletions and being able to do that endlessly soon, will be heaven for them and might bring less tears to anyone who wants to buy those collections off the broker. :D
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I watched a video showing the elite gear is 302 same as the op face. The op face also has a face mod
    • Like x 2
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Depending on your role, the OP items are relevant longer or shorter. If youre a die hard dps that seeks to max the stats all the way, its gonna last 2 ep's (current and next).
    A Tank or Troll can get by with every 3 Ep's, since you wont notice the stat difference anyway.
    As Heal, due to non-existent dominance stats in regular healer gear, these op items will last you 5-6 ep's. (because you get an increased amount of heal/shield HP from dominance aswell, although restoration is the main stat)

Wearing an OP item thats older than 2 Ep's, will drop your Cr slighty. Not that it matters anymore since the stats are important, but because no one can see your stats and only your CR, you might have to explain yourself sometimes.

I frequently get asked if i need a backup with my heal although i got more than max stats as heal. However, my CR shows just CR332
    (wearing the latest 5 OP items and two movement rings because they act as mini OP items for Heal until at least 2 more episodes).
    • Like x 1
  6. Shalayah Committed Player

The OP back is the easiest OP item to get. Most of the items are tradeable so if you don’t feel like grinding and relying on RNG you can get just about everything from the broker. It’s also nice that prices are starting to come down due to the episode being out this long. There’s only one catalyst that requires you to buy from the cobblepot vendor (forgot the name)

The goggles. You’re gonna have to spam those bounties for the goggles as the terabit keys are obtained by grinding the secondary currency
    • Like x 3
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

This is how long it took me... but I used a handfull of characters :( ;

• Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah... the goggles took a while. :(

• Like x 1
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Just for slight clarification, typically OP gear is relevant for about 2.5 episodes. Once it is two episodes old, it'll be higher stats than green, blue and purple gear but the vendor gear will provide slightly higher primary stats for your role (elite gear more so) but still lower secondary stats. THAT BEING SAID, the OP face is somewhat of an exception because of the white mod socket. But at this point, those stats gains wouldn't be worth leveling it from scratch IMO. Obviously the feat is desired as well, but if you're new to end game you most likely have a lot of feats left to get and the money you could get from selling the amount of catalysts and XP it would take to level it all the way up could probably buy a lot more style feats than just one 50pt feat.

I'm not sure what you were looking at but elite gear always ends in a 7. I don't think there is an elite face for ep. 41 though so it'll be the regular 305 vendor face. Green will max out at 299, blue will max out at 301 and purple at 303.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I thought that the purple dropped had slightly above primary stats going into the 3rd dlc of an op item. With vendor being the clear winner? I must be mistaken. I don’t have the op head yet since I took a break through patchwork and legion. But did finish the face.
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You might be right but if so it's like an extra 20 prec or 35 might for DPS or something small like that. Personally I'd rather have the defense and health at that point. But I think you are right.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes I thought it was something like that lol. And I’m the same. I’d rather have the extra defense at that point lol
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I was watching geo forces video of elite gear. Unless they changed its 302 bud
  14. MrWood Well-Known Player

I'm a casual player and they take a hot minute to rank up. The catylist is the issue. I can't get New Genisis Seeds to drop for me, and I still need 20 for the OP head ahah.
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I had to bite the bullet and buy a lot of them on the Broker. :(
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I probably post the video about the gloves for those wondering. ;)