Test Discussion Episode 41: Pet Vendor and Iconic Weapon Styles

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hello all.

Combat Pet Tier Vendor

Chang Tzu in the House of Legends offers new versions of the existing pets that have been released previously in various Tiers. He will offer Tier 1 through Tier 3 for all Combat Pets (Turrets and Mobile Pets) with the exception of Survival Mode pets. Those pets will stay on the Survival Mode vendors when they periodically return for new seasons.

• Any player can obtain a Tier 1 pet with just Source Marks.
    • Players who want a Tier 2 pet must obtain all Normal Mode Headlines from the content related to said pet and pay an increased amount of Source Marks from Tier 1.
    • Players who want a Tier 3 pet must obtain all Normal Mode Headlines and all Elite Mode Headlines from the content related to said pet and pay an increased amount of Source Marks from Tier 2.
    The Test Server Vendor has an updated box with all of the pets for testing. Two new pets have been added - Controlled Starro and Juvenile Phoenix.

Iconic Weapon Styles

A new rare drop has been added to content. These will drop off MOST versions of the related Iconic in content, meaning that the Merciless will drop the God Killer weapon box in Metal 1 Raid 1 and in Metal 2 Raid 2 where he shows up and is defeatable in both locations. This is a work in progress for both the list of weapons for EP41 and for all versions of related Iconics dropping the weapons.

The Test Server Vendor has a new box that contains all of the new weapon styles at this point for review.

Please note that if a weapon cannot be tinted, that will not be changing in this update. Some weapons will not be tintable on purpose and others will get updates to make them tintable - all on a case by case basis. Materials and Chromas should be applicable to the vast majority of them, however.

The current list of weapons:
    • Hawkman Mace
    • Hawkgirl Mace
    • Joker Crowbar
    • Joker Long Barrel Pistols
    • Joker Trick Pistols
    • Heat Wave Pistols
    • Sunblade
    • Winterblade
    • Aqualad Swords
    • Merciless Sword
    • Indigo Staff
    • Riddler Staff
    • Nekron Scythe
    • Drowned Trident
    • Zeus Staff
    • Hades Staff
    • Spear of Destiny
    • Alan Scott Sword
    • Mr. Freeze Rifle
    • Mr. Freeze Pistols
    • Steppenwolf Axe
    • Huntress Crossbow Dual Pistols
    • Huntress Crossbow Rifle
    • Ares Sword
    • Harley Quinn Mallet
    • Aquaman Staff
    • Wonder Woman Shield and Sword
    • GCDP Batman Shield
    • Cybernetic Lex Shield
    • Steel's Hammer
    • Green Arrow's Bow
    • Deathstroke's Sword
    • Batman's Batarang
    • Damian Wayne's Katana
    • Gentleman Ghost's Cane and Gun
    • Penguin Umbrella Rifle and One Handed Weapon
    A few more will be added for 41 and then even more in the future.

Weapons that have multiple versions that make sense and look good have been grouped in a box for selecting ONE of the styles. Examples: Joker Box has both types of pistols, the 1h crowbar and the dual wield crowbars. Huntress Box has dual pistol crossbows and rifle crossbows. Merciless Box has 1h, 2h, and dual wield God Killer.

Feel free to review all of these and give feedback on which ones you'd like to see and any issues with rendering, animations, etc.

Thanks!
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Bug - The Steels hammer style is broken, you consume it but it doesn't appear in your style tab and if you open a second box the style appears again in your inventory not collected.
  3. Eve YouTuber

Some styles have the hand placement in the wrong place, plus Steel's Hammer is not his hammer (just realized that)

Also, can we get Zatanna's wand as a weapon? one-handed I mean.
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

Will look into it. The 2nd time you got it it worked?

Steel's hammer in game before 41 was a rocket hammer. https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Rocket_Hammer This is already obtainable by players. I have changed Steel's hammer in game to what it always should have been. What you see now on PC Test. Not sure why someone, years ago, thought it a great idea to replace his iconic hammer. I've rectified it. What you see now is what Steel uses until someone tries to change it after I'm long gone...

I tried Zatanna's wand. Since they are different animations for holding it that players don't have but NPCs do - it looks more like a drumstick than a wand. I CAN put it in but I was going to request a longer wand that was more like a stage magician wand and have Zatanna use that. At least when players use it, it won't look like a musical instrument (especially when I made it dual wield).

I could do both - put what we have now and if we get new wands, put those on her drops as well. Or put her wands on Weather Wizard now and then the new wands I want, put on Zatanna (she makes more sense with stage magician wands to me than Weather Wizard).

Re: color locked, odd hand placements, etc. I made it clear in other posts that what you see is what you get for now. We can start a list of things we'd like to see improved but it's not happening for this release.
    • Like x 8
  5. Eve YouTuber

Appreciate the response. Another suggestion is new dual wield batons for Nightwing - unless what we have is what the new model uses?

Another request - Batarangs for Martial Arts
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

He does not have any new weapons. The weapons he has can be attained in other ways and are not considered iconic at this point. What I want, at some point, is for these back items to be turned into weapons and he uses those and that those become his drop.

https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Gotham_Knight
    • Like x 4
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

How are we going to upgrade the pets we've gotten as gifts like the 25th century robot or the holiday pets let's like the Boos ?
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

You aren't. Those were not ever discussed in this system. They differ greatly from the pets in this system and would need total rework to make them balanced and available for tiers. Maybe one day but definitely not any time soon.
    • Like x 4
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

At first glance, pets do not show any deviations in damage (I will certainly do a more thorough test later, but at first glance I did not notice any anomalies in damage ...)
    The turrets (those for a single target) have a visual bug, the first time they are used (the attacking beam is not visible, the green crystal visually earned me only after 4 attempts, the rest from the second ...).
    Pets "Mother Box" and "Father Box" out of the box for testing have old prices (in Wonderwerse currency), the seller has prices in Suorce Marks.

A bit disappointing is the lack of expressive visual differences between tiers 2 and 3 in all "bats" and "birds" ... (the rest have very noticeable visual differences).

Another problem is "Paradox Gazer" and Anty-Matter Turret, from the description it is clear that it will be possible to get 2 and 3 tiers only for the new year ... given the very large differences in appearance and the difference in functionality with a pet of 1 and 3 tiers, this is very inconvenient and disappointing. ..

:oops: and hmmm little request for future ones, is it possible as a pet that little hmmm ... the egg around Chang Tzu?:oops:
  10. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I'm a bit confused now. Steel uses his iconic hammer in legends

In Zoes video it looks like that style attached to steels hammer is the mages 2h (Not sure the exact style name)
    is that now steels hammer?
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I want to ask for Black Manta’s stuff because my characters are also superpowered scuba divers but… I don’t know what his stuff even looks like because he’s been too dangerous to get close to in every single one of his appearances. :D If any tanks want to get pictures I’d be grateful. ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Unless I missed it somewhere.
    Request for the future
    Chang Tzu as a combat pet and or ally would be an awesome Easter/spring event release.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

This Tamaranean Star Sapphire LOVES YOU! (^_^)
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Funny. In recent videos I was mentioning how we needed Heatwave's gun and Halrey's hammer..... and here they are. ;)
    Was very happy to see Huntress' Crossbows. Pretty sure those have been requested for some time now. ;)

But..... where oh where are Ambush Bug's slippers? ;)

I would suggest adding Captain America's shield? sorry...... could not resist.

Other weapons could be...
    Guardian's Shield.... but his character is not in the game.... yet. ;)
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

Not sure what's going on with that. What is intended is the one from Legends. Steel did NOT use the one from Legends in normal PVE content so I changed that with EP41 when I made his hammer the collectable one. I've seen other people grab the right hammer.

A male character got the correct one on PC Test. https://postimg.cc/YG0HqJy8

I'll see how that could change based on gender. There isn't anything on the back end to indicate that should happen.
    • Like x 3
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

The system is set up in a certain way to obtain Tier 2 and Tier 3. There is no content, currently in where you can fight Chang Tzu in Elite thus, this disqualifies the pet being available in all Tiers. I'd prefer to keep pets in the back pocket until they can become available in all Tiers. This will not be changing.

For the Anniversary stuff, sure - not ideal but see above - has to be relevant to content that matches the Tiered system. There is no Elite content with Gazers or Anti-Matter Turrets or even Brainiac Drones until Anniversary time. Gives you something to look forward to and if you already have the headlines from before, it will be available to you now. This will also not be changing until, possibly, a time comes when we see those things in Elite content outside of the Anniversary time frame.
    • Like x 2
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

Not sure what broke with Steel's Hammer for women characters specifically but I made new data and that seemed to fix it. Will be up on PC Test next week.
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

Nothing very exciting it looks like. He shoots things out of his eyes and sometimes wrist but his weapons seem to just be:

https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Dagger

Which is available already. Hopefully I can upgrade that one day to something a bit more interesting and iconic in our game.
    • Like x 1
  19. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Thank you.
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It would be double awesome if it could use the shield weapon blocking stance, but that might be too much of a headache to program.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.