Test Discussion Episode 41: House of Legends

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hello, everyone!

This is the official thread for the new, shared, player hub House of Legends! This one is pretty different from our other game updates and because of that we're looking for different kinds of feedback in addition to our normal testing feedback conversations (more on that in a bit).

A little bit of background before we get started. We wanted to design a new hub for all of our players that was focused on a few key things: Simple layout, easy navigation, and a one stop shop for all of your needs in between leveling content and queued instances.

At this stage in PC Test, here are the big things that I would like to see played, tested, and just generally talked about (likes/dislikes):

Layout
    What do you think of the design? Is it easy to navigate? Is it aesthetically pleasing? Please ask if you have questions.

The New HoL Tour
    We've created a new tour Mission to take you around the House of Legends. We'd like to get testing on the flow of the tour with any feedback you have. To get it all you need to do is reach level 15 and it will auto grant to you.

Orrery Teleporter (aka Mega Teleporter)
    We have made the Orrery of Worlds a centerpiece within the main room of the House of Legends. We've also make it a functioning multi-zone teleporter that will take you to all of our open world content. Try zoning to various open worlds and see how you like it. Each open world will also zone you back to the HoL instead of the old hubs. Additionally, changes were made to existing pointer missions for players to go to open worlds for the various episode drops. These pointer missions should now tell you to go to the House of Legends instead of the Watchtower and Hall of Doom. If possible, please test these pointers and make sure at no point are you asked to go to the old Hubs (these are now granted from the early end game missions and terminal).
    One last thing to know here, is that we're trying to replace any references to going to the old hubs specifically with these pointer missions. If you see anything that says to go to WT or HoD please let us know!

Archive Vendors
    One of the featured rooms in the House of Legends is called the 'Archive of Victory' where we have made new gear style vendors. These vendors were made with the purpose of selling players the styles of old episode gear sets for both factions. They are divided among 8 new NPC's. 4 hero affiliated Iconics and 4 villain affiliated Iconics. They are organized by Tech, Meta, Magic, and Unique. We'd love to hear feedback on how these vendors function. From presentation, to how the sales lists are organized, to overall interest.

Mentor Relocation
    We've moved the big 6 mentors to the Archive of Victory room within the House of Legends. Technically we've duplicated them as they are still located in the Watchtower and Hall of Doom. However the biggest change is how your level 30 Mentor/Origin story mission works. For the missions 'The Justice League' and 'The Secret Society' players will have to come here in the House of Legends to complete the Mission.
    Again, we understand if you don't have the time to test out these missions. But we'd like to know how these changes resonate with you guys.

I know that's a lot to read, so I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read through and test this content!
    • Like x 3
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I'm actually very impressed by this area. I very much enjoyed checkout out the entire area and looking at all the Iconics used as vendors. Including Blue Lantern Power Girl and Metamorpho. I am happy to see Captain Atom, but why does it have to be his New 52 I'm obviously copying my copy Dr Manhattan look?

Is there plans to allow for cross faction grouping now that HQs are being sidelined for a factionless area?
    • Like x 2
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Suggestions:
    -Add 1 teleport at each wing (deck? Whatever it's called) so we can get faster to another wing, the place is not giant etc, but it would be a nice quality of life change
    - Add a symbol to the orrery teleportation hub monitors and a light indicator, it'll be confusing for new players to find it.
    - Switch Episode 40 name to World of Flashpoint Gotham, since every other location is named after it's in-game name.
    • Like x 1
  4. IonHero Committed Player

Is there a Weapon Style Vendor? If not, how are we to acquire the weapon styles we want? at a first glance the loot tables have been drastically changed, (maybe the old stuff is there on the loot tables, hopefully the old OP items are still there.)
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

We want to do this but the back-end work for it was too much when factoring in many of the other technical needs we had this time around. It is a goal of ours.
    • Like x 9
  6. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

i don't seem to see the AFp2 ancient sorceress style or Ancient noble warrior on any of the vendors in the house of legends
    • Like x 1
  7. Spyeedy Active Player

Looks like Deathstroke is misplaced from his marked location on the map, as well as the navigation diamond
    [IMG]

I don't know if it's planned but not added yet, to add more Points of Interest on our Map UI so that we can find our way around the House? Like looking for R&D, mailboxes, etc
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  8. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

UI Icons are needed around the Orrey and on the terminal in front for players to know they can interact with them. And if planned or not, I did not see a portal to the HOL in watchtower
    • Like x 2
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Deathstroke NPC seems to be missing this morning to continue the Unbroken Mission quest.
  10. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[IMG]
    So, whats going on here? This map layout doesnt allow any rooms to get added later on and keeping it as streamline as intended at the same time. So, is this part of the map needed or can we make it go away? :oops:
  11. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I noticed the Deathsroke thing too. Cyborg was also standing on the table, instead of next to it. I'm wondering if their positions are locked, and someone was able to move them.

The giant holograms were also in front of a doorway, instead of on the pad next to where Deathstroke was supposed to be.
  12. RTX Well-Known Player

Sorry for that, was moving them with Beach Ball yesterday testing which of them are solid and unmovable.
    While its fun to do that, i understand that it shouldnt be possible with Deathstroke or Mission based NPC´s. I basicly did the same with hacks on live years ago to get some action into the watchtower "AND THE MADNESS CONTINUES - YouTube"

Quick list of which NPC´s can be moved:

Training Room:
    All NPC´s

Main Observation Deck:
    Booster Gold
    John Stewart
    John Constantine
    Ninja Batman
    Vandal Savage
    Chang Tzu
    Tempus Fuginaut
    Blue Lantern Flash
    Captain Atom
    Cyborg

Foyer:
    Steel

Archive of Victory:
    Wonder Woman
    Superman
    Batman
    Ambush Bug
    Blue Lantern Power Girl
    Star Sapphire Zatanna
    Joker
    Lex Luthor
    Circe
    Ursa
    Lightning Lad
    Big Barda (Which moves around)

All other Vendors/NPC´s are solid and won´t be moved with either Hacks or Beach Ball and other Items.
    • Like x 1
  13. RTX Well-Known Player

Sometimes the minimap doesnt show everything :eek: Maybe there is something behind that door, who knows
    • Like x 1
  14. RTX Well-Known Player

Moved them back to normal position.
  15. Revafall Well-Known Player

There doesn't seem to be any shadows in the House of Legends under our character - Is this intended?
  16. RTX Well-Known Player

That seem to be only on the way from Training Room and in the Main Observation Dock?!
  17. TLantern Developer

We have a fix incoming for the moving NPC's. Bouncy balls, Anniversary cakes, etc. are some of the more fun ways to break things ;p.
    • Like x 6
  18. RTX Well-Known Player

Oh nooo, no more hours of throwing barrels to move them 10 feet :D
  19. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

So I have a question. Is mailing in game cash actually making a comeback? Harbinger specifically mentioned it and I was able to so. (I tested once harbinger mentioned it)
  20. myandria Item Storage

The HoL tour was.. interesting. For reference I am using a new hero character at CR 32.

When I was directed to the R&D station, I thought I had to access the station instead of speaking to the NPC next to it, as Harbinger did not direct me to the NPC directly. Harbinger should be saying, "Speak to "NPC name here" next to the R&D station." The other NPC's you visit on the tour are either called out and/or have a chat bubble/camera over their heads.

This tour is a lot shorter than the classic HQ tours and I think players who want to get into the game fast will appreciate that.

For the hero side, Oracle still tells you to go to meet your mentor in the Watchtower instead of the Hall of Legends even though the mission points you in that direction. The artifact mission runs as normal and it is very nice to have the portal to the oblivion bar right next to Constantine.

I did not see any mentor missions in my journal; I assume that once I've finished touring the HoL I'm supposed to use the Quickplay/On-Duty tab to do missions. I tried to enter the 8th Precinct Mission from Metropolis instead of using the menu and not only is the mission entrance gone, but the detective who gave you the extra mission is gone as well. So, are those leveling missions blocked from level 30+ characters in the open world or are they permanently removed from the open world in favor of doing everything from the new Quckplay/On-Duty tab?

The Gentleman Ghost appearance vendor items should be sorted by male/female for the hairstyles so the list/tabs are easier to get through. it was quite the task to find female hairstyles, since they are mixed with the men's hairstyles.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.