Plz Help me Understand: Future Stat Clamping Old Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Magician Dedicated Player

So, the ONLY concern I have with making Old Content Relevant again with Stat Clamping as I understand it, is that where I may have been able to wait for Old Content to become "old" to be able to out gear it so I can get Elite feats, that will no longer be possible. Some of us players, myself included, don't have dedicated groups or leagues that are at Master/End Game/Elite level when content is current.

That is my perception, am I right? No hate, just questions
    • Like x 9
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The truthful answer is we don't know yet. Mepps stated we will still "feel powerful" but not to the extent that we currently do. We'll have to wait for it to hit test before we can get definitive answers to these questions.
    • Like x 7
  3. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

There will be a difference between one shotting adds and bosses, and playing the mechanics and killing it without worrying about not beating the raid.
  4. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

It's my understanding that this change will somehow motivate new and old, skilled and unskilled players to queue and play all content together.

It's a great intent, but i am not sure this is the right community. Stat clamped or not most of our DCUO our community runs content based on popularity over substance. The veteran / active forum posting portion of the community is the minority here, they are the most likely to ever use this new game change to its intended capacity. At least for a long long while...
    • Like x 2
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

Elite content should never be able to be just ROFLStomped, but Elite content over 1 year old shouldn't be as difficult as it was at released date either. We'll have to wait and see how it actually plays out once available for actual Testing.
    • Like x 4
  6. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

I think they realized they have pigeon holed the game into 2 DLC’s, and are trying to open the rest back up for all players. So many new and returning players are without a paddle Bc everyone is at endgame. It’s their own fault for setting it up this way, but they’re trying to remedy it.
    • Like x 5
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I certainly hope no hate comes your way for simply asking a question.

I work for a marketing firm now, our customers are corporations, we help them with all kinds of problems.

Daybreak is hoping to revitalize DCUO with the changes made to episode 41. We will have a new and improved queuing system plus something similar to the Daily Roulette in Final Fantasy 14. This will be extremely beneficial to new and lower Cr players End Game gets the benefit of source marks… yay whatever…, and hopefully this will drive new players to game who will say “hey, I like this, I want to become a member” and financially support the game. This is customer base growth. This is the objective of this initiative.

On the other side of the coin it means stats clamping end game high CR folks to some as yet to be announced level relevant to the tier of the duo, alert, raid you are in that is not within the last 3 DLCs range. This is where those customers are upset.

Daybreak is using this episode 41 as a kind of introduction to what the next the product will feel like when they make the new content for episode 42. Hopefully they will take any feed back offered to make adjustments to the game. Hopefully they make a statement to just us High CR end game players acknowledging our hard work and thanking us for our continued financial support in light of being stat clamped.

I’m sure the usuals will now pile on me and attack my assessment of the game direction. We know who they are. I don’t care anymore
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

From the sound of it, you are correct after a point. Assuming (and we don't know for sure) there is say a 3 DLC cap on how much 'higher' than the content you can be, Something like FGS content will be 'maxed out' right about now. So if you are 342 today, and when ep 41 comes out, you won't be any stronger in FGS than you are today...even if you go to 352 CR. Same with future eps. If you keep getting stronger, when you go back to FGS, you'll still be capped at 342 stats. And again, we don't know any numbers for sure, so 3 DLC and 342 are just examples...not set it stone. They also said they might fine tune things, so we'll see how it rolls.

But as the others have said we don't know for sure, but that's the sound of it.

Good policy would be knock out any 'hard' elite feats now, just in case. Easier ones, or 'quantity' ones will probably not be impacted that much.
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ok! Now we are on the same page!:cool:

You dont need a thank you for playing while being stat clamped, you should be thanking them for trying to improve the game quality for all.
    • Like x 2
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I do need a thank you, something I worked hard to achieve is being taken from me, it is the very least the Company can do.
    • Like x 1
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

But your stats are still there at endgame, and are simply reined in, in lower level content. If you have higher stats then your fellow player, then youll still hit harder then them in a raid, its simply flattening the output curve.

Kinda like in Gran Turismo 2 simulation where the game put you up against AI that had more horsepower then the race limit allowed for

[IMG]
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Essentially, after a certain DLC differential, your stats and progression will be trivialized/ made moot. I'm looking especially at raids like FGSE and CTE and their tougher feats that people still have a hard time with-- these raids' feats will become permanently unavailable. I would expect speed hackers to become even more prominent as players discover that the DC tradition of revisiting old, tougher feats years after the fact and gearing up to beat them will no longer be part of the game.
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

You still fear-mongering? Ya make feats seem like its only something you have to out-gear to obtain.
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I don't think that an acknowledgement that players' time, effort and money spent on their characters' progression is being trivialized is unreasonable.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

This is a legitimate concern. Devs said in the past that if you can't do a feat now then just come back later. Mandatory clamping will leave a lot of feats unobtainable for "average Joes".
    • Like x 9
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I would invite these folks to go put together an LFG group to do FGSE & CTE feats and report back their results :p
  17. Magician Dedicated Player

This is exactly my point
    • Like x 5
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

There’s a few tough feats out there, not gonna lie! But:

#1 - you don’t need ‘every’ feat in the game other than bragging rights…which, to be honest, doesn’t matter at that point anyway because you only got the feat after you were overgeared.

#2 - I’d guess 90 - 95 % of feats are reasonable to obtain

#3 - if you really want that tough feat, get a league/group together and work at it repeatedly. Most people who have the toughest of tough feats spent a lot of hours/many many multiple runs of failure before finally succeeding.

#4 - the “spirit of gaming” is crying now because people would rather ‘Game Genie’ feats rather than to bow down and accept failure on occasion [dating myself :) ]
    • Like x 5
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Except that this goes against the entire spirit of MMOs and of DCUO in particular. Having a long game avenue to angle for stubborn feats when all else fails is a part of the culture of DC-- one that has been encouraged by the devs themselves.

Super weird to make a "game genie" (that was a cheat device right?) analogy. People aren't asking to cheat, they're justifiably wanting their longterm progression to enable them to eventually have a more reasonable shot at very difficult feats.
    • Like x 1
  20. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Have you tried not sucking?