Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

The Butcher Knife as a player style,

a invisible 1handed style to avoid goofiness of being a 1handed user with pirate hook or harpoon hand
  2. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

mhm that may sound strange but is it may possible to add black mantas helmet as weapon style would be amazing to see him as a (head blaster) weapon
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'm focusing on iconic weapons right now but I have found a bunch of weapons never used or given to players before. Some cool machetes for instance. I plan to get to these and likely just add them to a vendor instead of drops but we'll see.

The invis weapon is interesting. I *think* it would be ok but will take some consideration and investigation when time allows.
    • Like x 5
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Thx, quick replies and great community interaction as always, keep up the awesome work
    • Like x 2
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Im not quite sure if this was listed yet or counts

•Punchline’s actual hands as a Brawling Style

Pretty sure they are at least slightly diff than pvp hands
    • Like x 1
  6. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

[IMG]

Tintable power ring for brawling/Hanblast for all our lantern wants and needs. pop that bad boy on a water toon and make it blue, boom blue lantern powers. Orange on fire, Orange lanterns FTW :D

[IMG]

Sinestros hard light chainsaw for 2h ( Though I suppose that's more his animation that a modeled weapon?)
  7. Magician Dedicated Player

Zatanna's one-hand wand style
    • Like x 2
  8. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

9. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Had anyone mentioned captain boomerangs dual wield style? Boomerang dual wield and 1h
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

I couldn't find a variation with that name that wasn't the same as the pvp hands. If anyone can find more info/images I may be able to track it down at some point.

A tougher DC sell but maybe at some point. The chainsaw is an actual FX not a physical weapon.

I tried this and oh boy. Looked like a drumstick. I tried 1h and dw. The issue is we don't have anim support for players to hold the wands like NPCs do. Since they looked so silly, I was thinking of asking for a more traditional stage magician wand for her and having it more the size as Nightwing's sticks. It won't be for ep41 but hope to get it on the list at least next time she's around the the story or even before. I COULD drop the drumsticks if the desire is there but yeah - we're talking band member for than magician IMO.

I tried this and wow - broke. Very broke. They were made for that NPC rig and not anything that resembles an actual player rig. Would take art support and they're not likely to get to such a specific request for some time with everything else going on.

They would behave well like the Batarangs I imagine but they are very basic and almost textureless. There is another set of boomerangs you'll be seeing soon that I would rather have made into his weapons and then into player weapons. You'll see soon enough what I'm alluding to and can give feedback then.
    • Like x 4
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think he might be referring to the Punchline robot, from the Ace Chemicals alert/outside bounty. It’s an Oolong Island siege robot, modified with extendo-boxing-gloves and a “kick me” sign stuck on its back.
    • Like x 1
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Yup him
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't recall his hands being any different than what's already available. I'm trying to grab a screenshot but he isn't spawning.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Sammy Well-Known Player

Wonder Woman's Tiara as a thrown weapon for Brawling or Martial arts
    • Like x 1
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

Thanks for the clarification. I just looked it up and that boxing glove is art of the actual robot mesh. Not a weapon added to him that I could take and add to players.

Good news is that the old Market Place item Boxing Gloves are coming back in 41 so there's at least that.
    • Like x 5
  17. Eve YouTuber

Any chance we will get Wonder Woman's sword? At least from the comics, not movies. For one handed weapon. And, do you have Cyborg's newer Cannon on your list?
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes. There was already an asset made for this. She doesn't use it much but Nubia did and WW used it a bit recently.

And yes but it's not made to be a weapon yet so that will come down the road.
    • Like x 4
  19. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Will we see Mister Freeze Rifle perhaps ?”
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes.
    • Like x 1