Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Only if your friend give you access to his amenities.
    • Like x 2
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

That's the case now with 2 legendary accounts, but not with Premium/Free accounts. Will Premium/Free players be required to own amenities before they can use ones belonging to other players (post-changes)?
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You don't need to own an amenity to use someone else's amenity.
  4. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Thats interesting. The last time I played you had to own the amenity and then the owner of the base had to authorize use for that individual in order to use one in another base.

That being said.
    The last time that I played was just over a year ago.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Was it because you didn't own the amenity or was it because you didn't own the lair upgrade?
  6. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

I have a couple issues with the changes to premium and subscription.
    I'm on phone so forgive me.

Premiums
    IMO
    you're giving the minimum premiums too much and that hurts the premium and subscription models.
    Premiums access to escrow should be base off of the amount that they spent.
    Five dollars should not open unlimited in game funds.
    Doing that opens up a pandoras box and gives gold sellers free reign.
    They have it too easy as it is.

Premiums escrow access should be based on what they have spent and should be tiered.
    Premiums should have to spend 180.00 total in order for escrow to open 100% and stay open
    ( that would equal to 1 yr sub @ 15.00 a month) making escrow open in tiers and then 100% open after 180.00 sets the bar for premiums

As far as what you guys added for subs.
    If you want people to really want people to feel bad for not subbing.
    AND............
    Considering daybreaks cash is make believe and you can add any value to it that you like.
    Replays & daybreak cash bonuses should have been doubled and the cost to reset instances for subs should be cut in half.
  7. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

No , I've owned the upgrades and amenities for years. The amenities that you had to buy or find the collections for in order to use in base were always locked for others unless they bought or had collection for that amenity. I'm not even sure you could open use for people that made the collections because they are locked to one toon. Maybe something changed.
  8. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

One more thing
    It's just an idea that popped in my head.

Your premium players that bought episodes in the past.
    You should do a buy back on the episodes that they bought.
    Not for full price of course.
    I would use depreciation values based on the length of time the customers have owned the content.
    I think that would help the customers feel .........
    not so screwed over after buying the content and then DCUO releasing the content for free.

Remember when ya'll took everyones MoTs away that they earned.
    I do
    It wasn't pretty or a good look for DCUO.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just checked a bank toon that doesn't have any amenities, he has full access to a friend's base. The only thing I can't use is the teleporter because my character has no teleporter mods.
  10. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

That's odd. Something must have changed or I totally misunderstood all these years. Which is definitely possible. LOL
  11. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

It's been like that for ages.
    I would have low alts I used just for brokering items that were not leveled up or had their own bases.
    I would have them in a base of one of my primary toons and they would have permission for the amenities and such.
    That way I wasn't getting bombarded by people trying to get it on with pixels while trying to use the broker, mail, etc.
  12. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Was that bank toon on the same account that owned the amenities?
  13. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

@mepps & Devs

So let me get this straight over two years ago you guys made the claim that with an update “stats would matter“. Now here you are two years later going right back on your word. You also made the claim that you wanted players to give input to the game to make it a better place for everyone, but here you are now threatening people with suspension for calling out the deficiencies you the developers are responsible for. The doublespeak gives the implication that you are not looking for what you are requesting but instead an echo chamber to gas up whatever you put out. Suspend me or ban me if you want just don’t sit here and lie to me. 10 years with one shortcoming after another and instead of admitting your failure more often than not you put forth an excuse for it. I’m not asking for perfection just that you guys be honest because that part sure as hell isn’t hard.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What are you talking about? Stats due matter before the stats revamp cr was the primary factor in dealing damage. And I have not seen any feb threaten suspension. If that was sent as a private message than read back what you said. They also have been asking for feedback now more than ever. Just look back in this section of the forums and you will see a large list of feedback the devs have been asking for. Look at the staff post tracker and you will see the devs actually talking with the players.

There is a difference between giving feedback and straight out trashing what you don’t like. Especially with stats clamp people are jumping to conclusions only looking at it from a me me me point of view and not even understanding fulling what’s going on. If you want to give feed back do it. But throwing out baseless accusations isn’t going to get you anywhere
    • Like x 3
  15. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Arts & Powers > SP. powers are NOT balanced and SP means little after relevancy for current content. Don’t puss on my leg and call it rain. If stats mattered people with the highest might/prec would be top regardless of power. Please try and sit here and tell me that munitions is equal to ice power for power stat for stat. NO ICONICs just power to power stat to stat. You in almost every scenario have to use HV and be SS because the rest of everything is next to if not outright useless. But hey just ignore the obvious and go right to the stat clamping eh?
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Stats do and will continue to matter - entirely in end-game content or on-level content, and with scaling returns when returning to out-leveled content.

Also, thanks for understanding this is a living game with ongoing development and that improvements years down the road don't constitute as lying (for any situations, unlike this one, where a previous direction is changed over time).
    • Like x 5
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Mepps, please, please, please convince someone in charge there not to follow the Microsoft model and allow Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD) continue to build.

Please take control of the messaging and communicate it in way we can all clearly understand without any ambiguity.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is all laid out in the development update. It should be clear that there is a massive win for everyone in most of the game not having loot locks and everyone being able to play together, with a slight trade-off in that instead of being one-shot-the-boss-overpowered in out-leveled content, players will be still-really-powerful-but-still-playing-a-game in out-leveled content.

And it should be clear that none of this has any impact on content released in the last year.

Beyond that, people will listen or not, read or not, believe or not. We will be on the public test server and then on live soon enough for people to experience the adjustment and come to their own conclusions.
    • Like x 11
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is 100% vague. What specifically are you urging Mepps to do? I can't imagine he finds it very useful to be told, in essence, "please do your job well!" I think he already has that in mind. So, specifics?
    • Like x 1
  20. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Mepps,

In no way did I mean to imply that you were not doing your job. Given the level of concern from the players here as I read their comments, I was hoping for a more detailed explanation of the new non-end-game game play with the stats clamp in place.

If the Company is satisfied with the information released thus far then so be it. Forgive me for asking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.