The new episode, I have… concerns.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Jul 23, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Now that we know extremely difficult raids like FOS 2 are on the table, I need to know: How much will I be punished if I sit them out? All of the upscaled content is temporary, so outleveling it (Even within the confines of light clamping) won’t be an option, and we haven’t been told how or even if we can earn episode marks once all three cycles are over.
    • Like x 2
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The idea of the new episode does beg a lot of questions. Here’s another:

If the new episode is a temporary “event” that will be turned off, then are we really expected to grind out regular and elite gear, renown, an OP gear piece, generator mods and any other style items and feats in just two or three months? That could easily become a “must buy replay badges” situation which is a turn off to many when they feel forced to do it. That doesn’t even mention burn out from the necessity of playing much longer hours in a shorter span.

I would say that the majority of players don’t take the “replay extravaganza” route.
    • Like x 2
  3. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Wait. Did I miss reading something? What about this new episode is "temporary"?
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I believe it was in that big, long post that introduced these ideas. It stated they would cycle through the mentors (so FoS 2 would only be active for a few weeks); and once it’s all cycled through, the “event” will end. The “event” then may return in the future.

So even with things like up-scaled FoS 2, you might have a month to do what you want to do in there, and then it’s gone.
  5. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Episode 41, Flashpoint and Legion will not be stat clamped. Also, There is supposed to be an Even version, regular version and elite versions of FOS2 and the other Save the Universe raids. So people of all skill levels should be able to run the appropriate difficulty level assuming the devs get the tuning right.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The only reason I even brought up the clamping was to save someone else the trouble of mentioning it in response to my talk of out levelling. It’s largely not relevant to the conversation.

But what’s the appropriate difficulty level? There was no elite back then, so we had a normal version that already trumps most elites (I don’t do elites, so going on hearsay here).

As much as I would personally love the normal version of the up-leveled raid to be in line with modern normals, I also don’t want to step on people’s fond memories of the raid. Aside from anything, would that even be possible? How would you “foolproof” the notorious bridge section for event mode?
    • Like x 1
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Understand completely. The only reason I also mentioned it is because I try at every opportunity to dispel the utterly ridiculous notion that is going around the community that everything is stat clamped and that CR is no longer a thing.

Obviously I wouldn't have specific answers for those questions. But, while this is very much an outside-the-box episode and it's already quite a challenge for the devs to appropriately fit an entire spectrum of player skills in to three difficulty "boxes" in any episode, I don't think the devs are aiming to go too far outside of the difficulty level box. Being that tuning the raid represents the bulk of the work this time around as opposed to constructing the content from scratch, hopefully they get the different versions as close to "right" as possible in that regard.

Questions will still remain until we see the content. For instance, the difference between reg and elite usually isn't just health pools and increased enemy attacks damage but also additional mechanics. So will they add mechs for elite or remove mechs for reg? We'll know soon enough I guess.