Stats clamped concerns... Is content is gonna Resemble LPVE??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghost27Xog, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

Just wondering since were gonna get clamped and the old content is gonna be competitive again, what's really gonna be the point of chasing higher stats and max arts if were clamped anyways.
    I'm hoping that we at least keep our defense and health as is so we can stand firmly in the old content, but who knows.
    I'm thinking the content is basically gonna resemble LPVE.
    In legends you can take a beating but your damage is meh at least.??
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

That's not what they said at all. The Devs stated multiple times that we will still be OP just not 1 shot OP. And It's honestly not that bad. Legends is nowhere near that.
    • Like x 4
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

LPVE is a whole different kind of thing IMO.
    you get horizontal progression to make it fun.
    however: we will see when it hits test server.
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, i have fun playing legends though...
    alerts kinda feel like legends sometimes,
    probably because they dont need roles.
    • Like x 1
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Even in the hard clamped seasonal alerts, there seems to be considerable leeway. The scoreboards there vary in much the same way endgame scoreboards do.
    • Like x 2
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As said by Zoe, they already said MULTIPLE times that we will still out gear the content with stats clamp. Just not enough to one shot things. People are making it a bigger deal than it really is.

Stat progression is still important and if you think it is not than you can feel free to stop and see how fast other pass you. Stats clamp will bring you DOWN to a CERTAIN point. But you still need to have the minimum cr to join that content.
    • Like x 6
  7. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

What I am seeing from Mepps and Panderus is that the goal isn't to be competitive particularly, it's to allow everyone in an instance to play and experience the content. Things can go so fast now that entire phases or mechanics are bypassed. So, players going back for feats have no idea how an instance works. Hopefully this will also prevent certain bugs where damage causes bosses to cycle their phases too quickly and sometimes screw up the instance or the ability to finish.

As far as I can see this will be implemented by using similar values to what we receive while undergeared in the open world. However, instead of using that as a buff, we'll be using +4 episodes later values as a cap. It won't be like LPVE and being overgeared by at least a few episodes will still give a meaningful bonus.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the Devs are very clear that the idea isn't to handicap, but rather to streamline.

(Quick example; Last night playing 'Family Reunion' a friend didn't get "Missiles Missed" feat during the Waynes fight, because the bosses died before any missiles ever appeared. Even though one-shots prevented both bosses from being active together he still got "No Touching". The achievement of which was totally trivialized by the OP damage.)
    • Like x 7
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

We’ve been running Phoenix Cannon Elite lately. In the “portal” phase, you run to the smaller portals on the sides and gain the aura so you can survive the one-shot explosion. A reasonable mechanic that requires paying attention and communication.

However, the area you stand in to get the protective aura is so tiny that four people have trouble standing in it. You can know the mechanics fine; you can stand where you’re supposed to be; but you die anyway because there’s no room to stand and no time to get the one tiny position needed amongst the three other players you’re elbowing. It’s poor design.

Out gearing content overcomes poor design. With higher stats, you can survive that poor design. But this talk of clamping you at 3 or 4 episodes back? Well, that means PCe will never get better than it is now; in fact, it could be worse than it is now. It’s unpleasant and frustrating and a mixed bag on completion, but that’s where people will be stuck; and they just won’t bother playing it. I know I won’t if the clamp is set to 3 or 4 episodes back.
    • Like x 6
  9. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Everything Melusine said! Seriously, I suspect the clamping will be similar to seasonal clamping now. Go into the Summer Seasonal - I can solo it at end game even though I'm clamped, can't you? And I'm not a particularly good player. I bet the elite players are hardly going to notice the clamping.

Stop thinking LVPE clamping and start thinking about seasonal event clamping. It's not going to be difficult if you know what you are doing, and if you don't, there are a lot of resources to figure out what you are doing.

Let's just wait until it hits the test server and see, right? I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
    • Like x 1
  10. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I'm hoping it will be like "event mode" content but easier
  11. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

I don’t understand why people are so freaked out about this. Stat clamped = the whole game is fun again. Who the hell wants to just run through and blast everything.

Personally I hope that the way they stay clamp old content will be similar to the anniversary regular raids. Not hard, but not easy.

Stop freaking out. If the rest of the game provides SOME effort to get through, that makes the game as a whole MUCH MUCH better.

Chill.
    • Like x 1
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Nobody will know for sure till it's on test.
  14. EconoKnight XIII Legion

That is the image I have when I see posts from you - the forum troll with the “haw haw haw”. But Mepps seems to like it.

What I’m referring to with the PCe comment is my experience that three people can stand in the portal and be fine; but the fourth person wedging in has an issue.

Higher stats makes it more possible to run the first boss with only six players. Raids are supposed to be designed for eight players, but the first boss of PCe encourages six.
    • Like x 1
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Clearly you never pugged FOS2 at level it was a nightmare and one I don't want to relive again.
    • Like x 1
  16. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Huh. I've heard more than one person saying that's the first raid they want to try clamped, and can't wait to run it again the way it's supposed to be run. Funny how opinions differ.
    • Like x 3
  17. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Then don’t play it. Q for a different raid.

The overall game mechanics were entirely different back then. I did pug it, and I did suffer. But the devs have also said the raid clamps won’t be like max cr. And even if they were the game and role mechanics will make it much more tolerable.

I want a challenge again. Tired of spamming the same three things day in and day out.

This game is starving for more variety.
    • Like x 2
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Those opinions differ because peoples experiences differ. Those people who seem so eager to basically get nerfed had the benefit of running that content with their leaguemates and friends. The rest of us had to run with whomever was available, which meant that sometimes these runs could turn into a 3 hour crapshow. Mind you, there are people now who quit a raid after only one wipe, unlike the "good old days" where even if it was a crapshow, people stuck around trying to beat the content. Nobody wants to get stuck in content, especially because we are being clamped.
    • Like x 3
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

FOS2 was only bad if you had a group of people who couldn't do things like "listen to instructions" and "cooperate". Which is a terrifyingly high percentage of our player base, granted, but hey - you solve that, you've solved FOS2.
    • Like x 5
  20. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

FOS made me want to be better and get stronger in the game. I didn’t whine, I got to work. It’s a fantastic raid if you play it how it is intended, and not just think burn is the only important element.

I for one am looking forward to going back through this with a challenge again.
    • Like x 6