Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the solowing Steadfast Player

you kill me with the fearmongering lol. Youre not losing progression, relative to your fellow player, but you cant 1 shot bosses anymorr
    • Like x 2
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

You’re replying to a post that’s 11 days old. Are you trying to stir up something?
    • Like x 1
  3. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Well I was hoping to get an answer from him as to whether or not I should continue paying and playing this game or I should invest my money and time elsewhere. You’d think being around for 10 years might carry some weight but apparently not.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kers New Player

The "60$ value" daily log in is only a value if you log in every day. A better system if you have to have a daily log in would be like gw2 where your progress doesn't reset until you get the final daily reward. I absolutely despise systems that force you to play/log in daily. You can get away from doing dailies in DCUO by resetting the weeklies a daily login that resets gives you no other option but to force yourself to log in. Which in the end increases the rate of burnout in someone.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's not every day, it's 20 days out of a cycle. From what I can gather the cycle will restart at the start of every month, so on average you would have to log in 20 out of 30 days. If you're strapped for time it should only take a couple of minutes for you to log in, claim the reward and then log out again. I've often logged in in the past solely to run the stabiliser event and then logged off again straight away.
    • Like x 5
  6. pyrat101 New Player

ive been following this thread with great interest and ive seen some great suggestions. not all of them relevant but very interesting, so im going to throw out a few of my own:

make gold account bound (like quarks, stabilizers and replays) and accessible to all toons on the account. make the broker the only way to transfer cash (no mailing and no trading), this will put a cap on items as nothing will sell for more than 999,999,999. this will rid us of gold seller spam and improve the game economy.

the entire pve phase has been wasted for years. make it so you can only have a pve flag on in the pve phase thus restricting dueling to the pve phase.

id like to see more ways for heroes and villians to communicate.
    • Like x 1
  7. American Marksman Active Player

A lot of people may not like this idea but what if they dropped gear price for members by 10 marks per item? Just an idea to help lessen the grind a little especially for members that have a bunch of alt characters.
  8. Kismet671 New Player

Mepps, can you answer to how will those of us who have spent money on purchasing the base and belt access along with episodes be compensated for the free episodes/utility/base access? this may not hit newer players as hard as those who've spent hundreds just on those.
  9. Synisterstrike Active Player

I may be in the minority here, but I think the current price system is fine. Much like every episode since AF3, the gear price is halved once you unlock the style. If you have alts, all you need to do is unlock the feat. I can see maybe reducing the cost on rings, neck, and utility belt though.

Edit: maybe a cost reduction of 60% for members would be nice though once the feat is unlocked and I think it should go for all gear pieces. Anyway, getting off track.
    • Like x 3
  10. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

YES like i've been saying this whole time.. MEMBERSHIP should be catered around TIME.. The cost benefits of TIME REDUCTION or increase of GAME PLAY TIME...

Membership should get a reduced price additional to the gear vendor price because of TIME and ALTS..
    And at the same time membership should ENCOURAGE more ALTS, but how else can you encourage more ALTS??? By reducing the TIME it takes to maintain that alt if you've already ACCOMPLISHED it on your MAIN...

As of the last 3 DLC its been VERY GRIND HEAVY for even just 1 MAIN character.. Membership encourage replay badges and price reduction at the vendors.. Once again.. MORE CHARACTERS equal, more artifacts, styles, resets, auras, materials,aka more money FOR DCUO..
  11. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I AGREE MAN! Im a 10 year vet since 2011.. CONSECUTIVE MEMBERSHIP PAYMENTS.. any dev can see that if that would like to know my character.. I would think our opinion MATTERS as well..

But TBH. I dont think its worth dropping the whole game over outside of the window end game content.. I just hope we arent CLAMPED in elite content, because we still get 1 shotted by BOSSES in there.. I dont see why we cant 1 shot them back.. WEVE EARNED THAT RIGHT AT LEAST... Given that it IS the HARDEST DIFFICULTY to complete THAT SPECIFIC CONTENT.

MINOR(I REPEAT DEVS, MINOR) Clamp in REG runs is not a problem as long as anything GOES for ELITE CONTENT.. that should be HANDS OFF..

COMPROMISE.........
    • Like x 2
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There won't be any. The "price" has changed only going forward. You still received what you purchased and have used it as you expected to.
    • Like x 8
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For the daily login rewards, we have settled on the calendar months to keep things as straightforward as possible.

Jafin is correct in that the values we are communicating ($20, $60, $80) are based on the assumption you get to 20 days logged in each month. If you log in less, the value will be less. If you log in more, the value will be a little bit more.

Each day will turnover to the next at your server's content reset/unlock time (2AM ish, depending on your time zone).
    • Like x 7
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Everything in the vault will be available somewhere else after 41. The details for where each specific item will go are still being finalized.
    • Like x 6
  15. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Suggestion: Add 1 source mark and a piece of scaling gear to the "Daily free mark NPC" in each DLC's hub area. So everyday when you speak to Cyborg in Flashpoint, or Hologram Cosmic Boy in 31, or Steve Trevor in Patchwork etc, you'd get that essential vault reward. Only once per toon, in the active DLC, just like it is now.

Seems like a simple way to do it, while encouraging people to visit the hub daily. Win?
    • Like x 4
  16. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I support this idea. It's the only way to 'fix' the game economy. Closing trade/mail across player accounts also means rare BB Materials wouldn't be traded outside the broker. They would be more widely available to everyone via the broker.
    • Like x 2
  17. L T Devoted Player

I concur.
    • Like x 1
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I love this idea!
  19. Mr.W Committed Player

Forgive me if I missed this question, this thread has a lot to sift through.

@MEPPS are you able to give us a list of known items that are guaranteed to be in the fate vendor at this time for us to spend our log in currency on & will members have a discounted price to the fate vendor?
  20. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

When the lair system is available to all account levels will players be able to access the amenities in each others base regardless of owning amenities themselves.
    For example:
    1) Premium SuperBob is in BatFred's base with the mail vendor. Can SuperBob get his mail if he doesn't own the mail amenity?
    2) If yes, does it matter if the mail vendor is the marketplace or collection version?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.