Currently, the new Electricity Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Jaq, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Tilz Loyal Player

Maybe look for older guides here on the Forums or Maybe some old YouTube guides / outdated wikies?
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The Lightning Guide, I think it was called.
  3. AD Leo Well-Known Player

Anyone tested the Amulet with Electric yet? Thinking about pushing it to 200.
  4. WreckingBall New Player

Hey guys there’s currently a bug with electroburst where the damage is crazy low sometimes. Normally it’s hits as hard as v-blast but sometimes it will crit for less than our dots. This really limits our options for a burstier melee loadout. Please go upvote my post in the bugs section and feel free to provide inputs. I’ll put a video there soon

Edit: or is this due to dmg numbers capping at the remaining health an enemy has? i remember a couple years ago it didnt do that
  5. L T Devoted Player

That's likely what it is. For a long time now that's the way damage works.
  6. WreckingBall New Player

Thanks for the sanity check. After more testing it seems like it’s just a damage cap based on the targets remaining health. I wonder what else I’ve missed over my long break
  7. StarWave251 Level 30

Is electricity still shorter ranged heals or any changes to longer range? I haven't played it in a couple of years.

Thanks
  8. L T Devoted Player

Pretty sure most heals across all the powersets were changed to line of sight to be just like Celestial.

Arc Lightning, Electrogenesis, and Galvanize are special cases. You kind of have to play with them while paying attention to get a feel for how they work.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Galvanize has a much better range but it won't heal someone across the room. Electroburst got a nerf in how powerful it was. The PI requirement was removed but it can be used to heal the group when further away from each other or the target. It has a longer cooldown than Galvanize. Recover is a 4 person heal and has decent range. It also works with artifacts like Purple Healing Ray and Page of Destiny. So the trick with Electricity again is knowing which heals will be best for the content you are running. The BOP raids have more fights where people are spread around the room and can present distance issues. Fractured God Sphere or Convergence of Unmaking are raids where people tend to stick close so they would be quite easy to heal.
  10. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Does anyone have a might single target rotation that they would recommend? I recently came back and my old single target loadout is outdated. Thanks and happy gaming!!!!
  11. Stardazer Committed Player

It might not be the best, but I use Tesla Ball, Heat Vision, Ionic Drain, Arc Lightning, Robot Sidekick, and Circuit Breaker.
    • Like x 2
  12. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I personally use Arc Lightning (AL), Heat Vision(HV), Iconic Drain(ID), Electrogenesis(E), Robot Sidekick, and Circuit Breaker.

The rotation is E>AL>HV>AL>ID repeat. I use AL specifically for the additional heals, but if you wanted to do slightly more damage, substitute in Tesla Blast in place of Arc Lightning, in which case the rotation would remain in the same format.

I'm a little different in my approach, as I place my extra skill points into healing crits and restoration, which makes the heals from Arc Lighting supportive for a weak healer in a group or simply makes me unkillable in most combat. The Iconic Drain has the best single target damage multiplier (among the Electric moveset), and while its heals are extremely weak, the heals have a tendency to crit and potentially proc a Heal-Over-Time from a Strategist Card. I'll occasionally be top healer in a group (in DPS role) and (almost always) be top dps. That's just my playstyle when I use might.
    • Like x 1
  13. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I have tested this on live server, and I've been underwhelmed with how it performs on Sparring Targets. Against 8 sparring targets, my (might) aoe loadout averages between 120k-130k (there are better, pure-damage loadouts, but this loadout is more practical given the movement of enemies. so sue me) using SA, Trans, and Strat. By switching LA in place of SA, my damage range went up to between 135k-145k. (Note: You'll want to test with a healer.) I did these tests around 4 months ago, so FEB '21. Also, I never use trinkets, buffs, or supercharges in tests.

I couldn't find the justification for potentially killing myself to do a little extra damage when I can already reach those numbers with my Electric Precision aoe without almost killing myself. I will be, however, keeping my LA at 200 because a potential 30% extra might will be worth more as we progress through DLCs.

If you wanted to go all out with the Wrath of God aoe loadout (not mobile but is heavy-hitting), LA would give you that all-in experience.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I use pretty much the same thing except that I use electro static bomb instead of arc. I use grim, trans, and solar for ST so grim sets up the polarized PI. For mobile bosses I do switch ESB for Tesla blast thou. But I don’t like the dovetail on that ability.

What was your might/cr when you tested electric aoe? 130k seems low for electric on 8 targets. With my aoe loadout I’ll hit around 165k
  15. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I was around 90K plus the 30% might bonus. I specifically use an altered loadout that performs better against 3 targets, which at the time was necessary for raids (fgs has tons of 3 adds groups). That loadout also performs very well against bosses because I can change the rotation to focus on single target.

The 165k is totally reachable on 8 sparring targets with the appropriate loadout, but since I find that particular loadout to be impractical in most content, I don't like to use it. It is fun to see those numbers, though.
  16. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Since my return I have thought about switching from electric to quantum. I know you’re pretty experienced in the night dps dpt. What is your take on quantum how does it compare to elec. is it worth the switch or should I just stay the course
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Honestly I’d go with the one that’s more appealing. Might based might does better aoe and quantum ST compared to each other. But they both have good loadouts.

Thou I will say that on quantum my loadout does use more iconics. If that’s not something you like that electric would be the better bet for you.

And sorry for late replay. I somehow missed this notification
  18. Apolloin Well-Known Player

It’s all good, I took a year off around BOP dlc and was doing really well with electric. But I have been just getting smoked with electric since I have come back. I don’t care about leading the scoreboard but I also want to feel like I am contributing and doing my role well. However, just trying to figure stuff out
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If it’s about the damage than I suggest just sticking with electric if you like the power itself.

What artifacts do you have?
    How many skill points do you have?
    How many artifacts do you have available for dps?
    What loadout are you currently using?
    What type of content do you normally run? (Elite/reg?)
  20. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I have solar (200), trans (200), Strat (200), grim (160), Gemini (163), soul cloak (200), amulet (38). I have 453 sp and I run mainly elite. For adds I use arc, Tesla ball, voltaic blast, heat vision, and robot sidekick. Single target is arc, ball, hv, finisher, robot sidekick and circuit break is my super charge on every loadout.