DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. myandria Item Storage

Umm...

Hmm...

NO. A flat NO.

20 man raids with pre-made groups can be hard on servers. In fact, having more than 2 8-man pre-made groups in an raid/alert instance can be a lag-fest.

If you take a look, the open world phases allow 40 players per phase, which means (5) 8-man groups can form up and have fun. That is more than enough players to group with and take out the open world bosses. All it takes is a little bit of communication. For example, if you have 10 friends in the same phase and they want to group together, then ask them to create 2 groups of five and go have fun!

The last thing I want is to be consistently map-served because of a 20-man group raid. Been there, done that.
  2. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I'm really heartened to see this update. Reading through it's obv that it's been a while in development and it takes into consideration an incredible amount of community requests and suggestions we've been making for years now. And most, if not all, of our concerns from the membership perks thread have been tackled. This reads like someone was directly trying to address some of our more serious concerns and address them in their presentation to the community here. We'll see how this goes but I'm hoping for the best. Thanks green team.
    • Like x 6
  3. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Exactly how I feel!
    • Like x 1
  4. Doctor Proteus New Player

The approaching threat will be Monarch. Mark this. They've been going all-in on the whole Paradox thing since the beginning.
  5. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Hello.
    Will the not-end-game content
    able to be soloable or be entered with less than 8 players for raids and less than 4 players for alerts and 1 for duos?
  6. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

Stop stat clamping.

All the time, money, effort spent on increasing our stats and farming/grinding sp, nth, currencies to buy gear etc... basically "EVERYTHING" in the game is going to be needed in 95% of the game...

Feels like a kick in the teeth to be honest.

If the small % of players that want stat clamping and are in favour of it. Buy that tier of gear or take off your gear and artifacts etc etc... and then run it your way.

But the majority % of players who don't agree at all with stat clamping are gonna be forced to run the majority of the game the way the least % of people who want to play the game clamped...

Makes no sense at all.

I feel like we earn everything in this game whether it's time spent/money spent or a bit/lot of both. Just to have the majority of that effort needed in like 95% of the game...

Re-think your stat clamping ideas and leave it as a choice to run the game the way you want to run it..

Like I said, those who want to challenge themselves can easily buy that tier gear or remove items to run that tier..

It should be a choice.

Not a dictated decision that is going to negate a lot of hard work to grind through the tiers and efforts put in over the last 10+ years.

^^ this suggestion keeps both those for and against stat clamping happy either way.

Ps.... everything else in the episode sounds absolutely incredible!!!
    • Like x 4
  7. DackMan New Player

8. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

YAY to both of these! It would be totally cool in a way everyone can vote for the option they like best. :)

Greetings
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If this were true, you'd see LFG full of shouts for 'legit' runs in old content. Either with low level people wanting a 'authentic' experience without carries... or end game players wanting a nostalgia run (hey, I'd even do one on occasion for fun). Heck, even in here, you should be able to grab the handful of hardcore clamp callers and get an alt league going where you could work your way up naturally(full souce, no clamping required)....IF there are so many people that want it. I know I've run new alts with friends who have started the game(in the past...been a while) so that we can run parallel vs me doing an OP carry of them. Works out well....till the raids where we can't find another 3 or 4 more players who are unwilling to NOT OP through things.

Do you know what you do see in LFG nightly? Groups shouting for 'need body' to get into older content "you can leave after", or "need OP DPS for XYZ feat/run" or "LFG for XYZ run, must have 200 artis/23 augs" or just "PST with stats" and "Need EXP roles for...." on almost anything. Seriously, watch it for an hour or 2....if you see any calls for something that is not 'current' reg content, all of it gravitates towards over powered-ness, either running short groups or wanting stronger people than should be required. That's the only poll I need, the actual players in game not a handful of forumites or a youtube poll where many of the viewers are like minded to the youtuber. No offense to your channel or viewers, I'm one of them on occasion.

I'm not saying no one wants this, obviously there are some of them...maybe they are more vocal here in the forums than in game, but just ask yourself, if there are so many, why can't they get a group together to run the way they want? Why do they ALL seem to end up in these runs with the OP "one shotting the bosses"?...Switch users nonwithstanding.

Another thing...if the gameplay is the real benefit, why does loot have to be attached to it? 90% of the clamp calls we've seen in here are accompanied by 'then we could get source in the run" or "remove relevancy". If the challenge run is the important thing, people should have been asking for the clamps WITHOUT the source attachment...but almost no one ever did. Even with this change, it's been touted that most will 'smash the quick play button' to get source runs. Meaning it doesn't really matter what you run, but you 'gets your loots'...which takes away a bit of validity from the fact that people are wanting to run 'legit' content...vs people just want loot. Remove the 'to earn our source marks' part from the poll question and make it 'for a challenge' and see how the percentages change.

It's coming either way...polls or no...complaints or no...We'll just have to see at this point. I just don't see any evidence IN GAME that the calls are for less power....or mandated 'difficulty', more the opposite. Either way, Aug/Sept/Oct will be wild ride I think.
    • Like x 1
  10. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

I don't know man, you say large % but then your poll says 55%... and you say you're only small youtuber...

The 55% of your poll could always but the gear at tier or take off other stuff...

55% is just over half... so alienating 45% with forced stat clamping isn't to me a great solution, when again, it's easier to take gear off/buy that tier gear etc... but the 45% can't do anything about stat clamping... so they're forced to play clamped.
    • Like x 1
  11. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

I agree on a lot of points made!

And yes I too run my alts at lower level tiers with friends who have alts at that tier level. Yes, it's fun and more challenging but I too want my 3 main characters as powerful as possible, as I've spent a "LOT" of time, money, effort into getting them where they are.

I have 2 PS, 1 PC account and an xbox account and if stat clamping happens. 3 memberships will be cancelled and I'll only be using 1 from there on out.
    • Like x 3
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

ain't no "if", mate. it's happening.
    • Like x 1
  13. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

Looks like I'm dropping 3 subscriptions the lool

It'll be too time consuming running stuffs that is going to take longer to do.

Oh well guess I'll save some money
    • Like x 1
  14. iQueen Celestia New Player

I find it funny though.. If they can find a way for us to grind out Ally XP on top of our artifacts, augments AND skill points.. Why can't they make a way to condense it all into an XP pool or cache and depending what we decide to use that stored XP on, depends how much gets used up? Then use the old cash cap numbers (1500, 3000 and 10k as a guesstimate and round about) to determine how much can be saved or used each week, biweekly or month. Weekly for members, biweekly for premium and monthly for free users.

Depending what you put that stored XP into, depends on the deduction to the stored XP. Like for gear related XP dumping, (Arts, Augs, Gear or Ally) it's at 100% base (10k XP as an example, would be small on its own, but adding up what you get ON TOP OF as drops, helps in the long run). If you dump it as SP, that 10k gets a 99% reduction. Meaning, it is now points towards the SP added. Feats would still give the most and consist SP points even still with this system so those that did earn them before won't feel like their toes would get stepped on.

To add to the example, mainly for the SP part. If a free player dumped all stored XP as SP, that 1500 XP would equal to 15 towards an sp. Basically a chunk and a half on the green bar. Premium players dumping it all would get 30 points. 3 Green bar chunks. And a member would get 100 points. Aka one full sp. But, all of the saved XP in this proposed cache would be dumped then need a reset to do it again. Unlike with feat farming. XP can also be gained across the user's account so hey, alting would have a purpose again.

As for this whole "Stat Clamping" thing the majority seem to be in fear of; I'll just say Final Fantasy 14 has been doing this for years and has not only been earning MORE success, but a tighter knit community from this. I am STRONGLY for this as it'll show the difference of who actually EARNED being at endgame versus those that got CARRIED to endgame.
    • Like x 1
  15. NaturesRemedyxX New Player

All these amazing changes happening in the game and you people still find **** to ***** about lol. Some of you are absolutely out of your minds. Thank you Devs for your hard work and keep up the great progress.
    • Like x 1
  16. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. DackMan New Player

I would say that's because that is the option they have been given. I would be ok with an option to clamp for the SM rewards and hopefully they will work that out but I think there is almost a Hysteria surrounding this update.
    • Like x 1
  18. DackMan New Player

Yes 55% were completely for it but also remember I said 35% who could care less. That would leave us "alienating" only 10% who hate the idea.

Look, I'm really not trying to invalidate your, or anyone's feelings on this. I just don't think there are near as many people up in arms about this as I am reading on this forum thread. If they want to create an option to run the old way with almost no rewards, I'm down for it. The more options the better as far as I'm concerned but I don't want to see them scrap something that I have reason to believe a large chunk of the community wants and could give players another reason to stay on the game.
    • Like x 1
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Guess you missed the part where they said that the three most recent episodes won't be clamped, so people can run them at full power. So all that time and effort isn't actually going to waste.
    • Like x 5
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Long time player here... actually going to wait and see how things work out, instead of... you know... panicking before seeing any of the actual details (like, for example, how much we'll be clamped, and what the rewards are like).
    • Like x 7