Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilkyPawz Bunny

The Newest DLC will have loot locks, so if you want to replay end level content use it for that or style unlocking.
    • Like x 3
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

RBs are useful for the latest 3 episodes and all open worlds. Plus any agnostic missions that may address any of the new features and yes style and feat unlocking as well. They may evolve to do other things but not for 41.
    • Like x 9
  3. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

Sigh. Well, that's disappointing.
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Two suggestions/feedback:

1.) I know this has been said many times, but it still bears repeating. Can you guys make LFG be turned on by Default? The Quick On Duty Tab will be nice for sure, but there will come a time when players will want to find groups & roles akin to their liking. Unfortunately for many of those players, they'll try and use shout chat; but are unaware of the fact that shout chat is local only.

2.) Can you guys also reduce the cooldown for F2P accounts sending messages in Global LFG? Look, I get it. You guys don't want gold spammers; but also wanting people to get involved with the game's overwhelming amount of content and not being able to post in LFG for a really really long time is counter intuitive.

I'm not saying the CD should be removed entirely, but... At least make it 15 to 30 seconds? As it stands right now, I feel the current message timer for F2P to access Global LFG is way past overkill and needs some readjustments with the update.

If you guys want ques to pop and for people to also help sort out content they need to run, I cannot understate how crucial it is for yall to look into these two problems.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

No, you have no idea clearly how bad that gold advertising got, and its bad even now with the restrictions. if anything chatting should require the payment entirely, it's $5, if you're serious about playing making a $5 one off purchase is no big deal.

A free player will probably have decided to spend that $5 before they've finished the story, so no chat restrictions stay where they are or be ramped up imo.
    • Like x 10
  6. Vulpar Well-Known Player

TEEKL BUCKETS. Teekl Buckets follow this exact schedule. The bane of my existence around Halloween.
    • Like x 2
  7. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Cool, sounds like it won't be like a Legends Paradox Wave situation. Kind of excited for the implementation on this one then.

Thanks for the clarification Mepps!
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I have no idea? Have you seen my ignore list of the gold-spammers? Again, I know all too much how bad it got; but I still don't agree with the decision. After all, we went years with Gold Sellers in the game and F2P never had to deal with these chat restrictions at all to begin with, so the only thing I'm asking is for the Cooldown on LFG to be reduced.

You want an easy way to identify and ban the bots? It's simple, they won't be the ones q'ing up for content or bothering to level their characters. Just make it so that the chat restriction gets reduced or lifted when a player gets to level 30. "Oh but the bots will just pay to get their characters to CR skip." -Then the next thing to do is see if they equipped any of the gear they got with the skip; if they didn't.. ban them.

Why is it that everytime something bad happens, it's the players that have to deal with gatekeeping as a result? I don't care if it's 5 or 10, you shouldn't need to pay to access basic communication and group finding which is a very large part of the game.

It's like saying every MMO should restrict the players based on how many bots there are, you don't punish or restrict the community; you find a proper way to deal with the bots.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

You could try gate keeping communication past level 30, not a problem, what I don't want is a free for all again, because it was carnage.

If the devs wanted to really get rid of gold bots it would be as simple as employing a few real time GM's, but they're wanting to do it cheaper than that, which is fine, but that's how you'd really do it.

I have little issue though with forcing a player to pay $5 to play a game, I mean at what point do we get to say to people stop being so cheap, it's $5, holy hell. lol
    • Like x 1
  10. Elda Mad as a Hatter

The vault, stabilizer, and prom lockboxes being moved to the daily menu
    will the daily menu support multiple high cr toons?

I get if all the daily menu drops arent given to each toon, as stuff like stab fragments had the account wide lock. But the other stuff like bots from lockboxes, vault/stab nth metal and drops etc would be sad to miss everyday.
    • Like x 2
  11. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

The chat posts are the tip of the iceberg. They need to have GMs actually use the sites to buy cash. The Gold vendor accounts in game need to be routed out. The accounts holding the in game cash are the ones that need to be banned and deleted. It needs to be an ongoing effort.
    • Like x 2
  12. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I agree. I don't like the idea of loosing the source marks from lock boxes either. I enjoy getting Lockboxes much more than time capsules. One feels like a reward and the other feels like the game in asking for money.
    • Like x 2
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm not against people paying $5 to become premium, but If people want to become premium; it should be because you seen something awesome that prompted you to become premium. The developers got plenty of people on F2P who probably don't look at anything beyond the base powersets, why not showcase or advertise to them some of the DLC powersets?

Or advertise them to an awesome cosmetic like the materials or the batman/flash cowl. When you spend $5 to unlock something essential as LFG; that's where I take issue with it. LFG is the game's bread and butter chat; especially when everyone in your league might just be busy farming end-game and don't run content with ya.

(Maybe, force F2P to get advertisements for the MP or capsules everytime they post past the time limit in LFG? Sips coffee and imagines great anger lol.)

That's what I don't get about DC either, they are taking the open all episodes approach with DCUO but still won't use the MP side of the equation to get the revenue from F2P/Premium outside of Replay badges and capsule keys; and I'm hoping that'll change with the approach they are going in.

And even if they still do require a $5 dollar price tag to use LFG.. at least turn it on by default. Still too many people in the game that will promptly use shout chat for roles because they don't know better.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

or people could just you know, pay $5 lol, there's that saying "give an inch, take a mile", what the devs have done here is the opposite, they've given the "mile" yet you're up in here suggesting even a one off purchase of $5 to buy something and inadvertantly unlock comms is still too much. I mean no offense but yeah, ok sure.... o_O
    • Like x 3
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm saying chat shouldn't be paid for, period.

Your trying so hard to make it seem like unlocking LFG is just a nice perk or bonus to go with your premium purchase; but it should never be viewed as such in my opinion.

And you want to talk about "give an inch, take a mile" -You know as well as I do that F2P used to be able to use all forms of communication including LFG for no cost at all until the gold seller problem reared it's head. So the developers gave F2P an inch, the gold sellers took a mile, and F2P still can't use the game's most essential channel without restrictions.

As the developers are revisiting older content, making episodes free, and wanting new players to spend time in the game; I feel like it's time they revisited that judgement call they made.This ain't got nothing to do with whether or not they spend $5; free up LFG.

Heck; level 30 is actually the better solution for dealing with gold sellers and allowing chat to be opened for F2P.

Because Gold sellers will have to pay to get to level 25.. actually finish up the remaining missions to get to level 30. Or.. they'll have to pay a high premium with a CR skip.

It should be the gold-sellers facing the paywall to use the chat, not the players.

I understood your view point when it came to defending memberships having unlimited cash while premiums were stuck with 2,000.

But this is completely disingenuous, especially as your trying to strawman me as someone who's anti supportive of the game or someone who won't bother to become premium when I've been premium and even subbed a few times to the game.

F2P should become premiums if they sought something they want and will buy it, Leave LFG off the paywall table.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You can only claim from the daily rewards on one character per day but Mepps said they're aiming to make almost everything that drops from it account bound. Source Marks won't be account bound, so you'll have to claim them on whichever character you want to have them.
  17. Nighthawk22 New Player

Is anything happing to premium mail/trade ability with new benefits.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

No, What I really care about is the gold bots spamming chat, I don't care if the gateis changed if its functional, I am amused though at your insistence that the existing $5 gate is somehow prohibitive, it's quite frankly laughable.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd actually be in favor of the $5 premium AND the level 30 restriction Jacob suggests. I run a few F2P accounts and you can HAVE LFG channel and respond to people looking for groups to get invited or phase with OW bounty groups...you just can't post in there...it's not the end of the world. The restriction I think should be lifted is group chat and tells. They run on the same timer as shout(I think 5 messages in X min?), so the ONLY gold sellers those are hurting are ones that get grouped up or actually send tells...which is pretty minimal and do restrict a legit F2P player negatively...more than LFG I believe.
  20. L T Devoted Player

In an ideal world, it would not be. I'm absolutely certain the Dev team is not looking to monetize chat in any way.

But we live in a world of gold sellers and other parasites.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.