DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

oh, something I meant to ask. can't remember if it's already been answered. I know marks are being removed from endgame content, but are we still getting an event version of the latest dlc where you earn that dlc's currency & marks, like we do now? or are event versions going away?
  2. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

So just to make sure I get this straight (@MEPPS) you’re going to go down the route of stat clamping every piece of “non” endgame contact further erasing the value and effort that players seasoned ones at that for those who have put effort into this game? Not only would start clamping do what I just said but it would also remove the benefits/stat buffs and value that come from all the artifacts people have leveled up outside of course of may be the support roles. So it’s not enough that you guys broke PVP with stat clamping and it’s not enough that you make the seasonal events a headache unworthy of dealing with but now you have to go down the route of taking a fat dump on the entire game? This coming of course over a year after the promise of “making stats matter”. In addition to the changes that you guys are proposing now we would have to work for old contact to get the source marks to pay for the stuff we need right now on top of having to run the new contact to remain relevant in the game. Literally ensuring we will be working twice as hard to get what we’re already getting now only further down the road. This entire proposal is nothing but a series of bad decisions that only leave The season players with one question to ask that being can I get a refund for all the money and time I spent here?

There are plenty of more important issues that have been brought up multiple times for multiple years that the developers have either ignored or refused to fix. There are discrepancies with powers not working the way they are supposed to and they have been that way for years now. We still have reoccurring glitches with an older contacts some of them even in relevant content they have not been addressed. It wasn’t too long ago that you guys took six months to fix a “top issue” in regards to ice not working the way it was supposed to. During that time you guys dropped three seasonals and two episodes. It makes it incredibly hard to get excited about new content and “changes” to the game when the current issues remain on resolved and your failure to address them does not leave me or many others for that matter with confidence that these changes will be positive ones.
    • Like x 3
  3. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

I mean instead of doing the across-the-board stat clamp to all “non-endgame contacts“ you guys could just apply a terminal at the entrance to every map that will allow people to increase the difficulty level of it the way we can do that in flash to the future elite. At least this way people get what they want where they can increase the difficulty level and it also ensures that nobody loses the stats that they’ve been spending time building up. While you’re at it you could put more of those terminals that let us skip the cut scenes. Stuff like that would be especially helpful in speed runs like Batcave breach.
    • Like x 3
  4. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Well, I realy hope that before this update, they just finish the first revamp...

Also, the change I realy like to see is that they'll starting co-operate with the developers from the Arkham series and improve the characters graphic. Oh, and re-work the awful sound work of Hypolita and the useless Harley. You know what I am talking about.
  5. Metallix Active Player

Are we gonna update on the color palette for the skin tones
  6. Metallix Active Player

Are we gonna get update on the old hairstyles
  7. Metallix Active Player

Can we get update on the old hairstyles and color palette
  8. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

1. Nothing has changed with members having access to all powers, it just means members “own” the power and is able to create an alt with any power or through buying a power respec token to change a alt to any power they want , so armories should remain the same as is, since members would need to buy a power respec token just to change powers, the armories become invalid to activate, so there’s no way armories could hold every power because it becomes invalid when u switch and have to reimprint the armory just for it to start working again

2. I believe once u are maxed, that’s it, believe members had 32 (? I don’t have max slots) and I heard something about premium only able to buy 16 slots
    • Like x 1
  9. Shelly Active Player

10. Shelly Active Player

32 max
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The most anyone can buy is 16 slots. If you are premium, that puts you to 22, leaving room for the +10 membership would add for 32. If you are member, you are already at 16, but can only add 16 more for the max.

F2P can't really add any slots as if they add 1, the are no longer F2P....then they can only add 15 more just like everyone else.
    • Like x 1
  12. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

13. Evolution New Player

So we are martyrs now? if so feels kinda forced on us, nice words, sacrifice, greater good, supports to show the love of the game, i would quit a job if my boss talks like that to get me to sacrifice for him to make an extra buck.
    • Like x 1
  14. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

15. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Consider him as another person to be carried after episode 41 hits live.
  16. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I can understand some of your concerns about being "forced" to run not-end-game content in order to get source marks. However, you have two options either get good and farm it or refuse to farm it and instead buy it from the marketplace.
    The world is full of options you either move on or you stay in the past. This changes are what this game needs to stay up-to-date with the other MMOs of the same genre.
    So again, less complain and more merit in the feats you gain, Win-Win.
    • Like x 1
  17. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Or I can take the third option and spend my time and money elsewhere since apparently they’re going to force this decision down the throats of the player community. I mean why bother to play a game where the Developers are not going to fix powers that they have intentionally broken. As for the whole grind more well over the 500 skill point marker so I am by no means a noob. I have competed in every survival mode and started out on this game just prior to the PlayStation 3 network hack of 2011. Unlike you I’ve been here long enough to remember and endure this crap that they’re selling when they did the Nerf to electric and nature. I’ve been here long enough to witness them Nerf rage tanking three separate times. I was here when gadgets had the energy matrix shield. I can remember when they came up with an idiotic concept of advanced mechanics they eraced the value and the difference that skill points made. I’ve been here long enough to watch them change this game to one flavor of the month after another completely destroying the need to be anything else other than the top powers because everything was made to be so broken and unplayable that you were forced into this consistent nonstop change. If you actually are foolish enough to believe that stack clamping and Nerfing The player community further is going to be beneficial I got a bridge to sell you.
    • Like x 3
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

i am not a fan of most new skins and would wish to leave the old skins in old content as they were and if you realy want to include generic new skins (superman and doomsday are especially ugly) please do so when they appear in new content. omnibus should be giving the option to play the game as it was, so make them look as they were aswell please! and each time a new skin gets made by someone, have a dev poll about wheter or not it is actually looking better than what was before. look at my forum avatar: doomsday was so much cooler once!
  19. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I been here since Battle for Earth Dlc dropped, so I'm pretty old myself. I remember staying multiple hours just to beat fos2. Currently I don't think powers are in dire need of fixing, because every single one is competitive in at least a field, sure artifacts are p2w, but life is like that unfair .
    I could see an occasion powers pass, but again not mandatory.

I always been a try hard, and with the current changes is a win for both old and new players. Maybe you didn't had time to explore all possibilities, but I assure you this changes are a win to all players.
    As member/free you will have free marks granted to you as daily gift, so you may not even have the need to farm source marks.
    • Like x 1
  20. Starblast Well-Known Player

my point is that those alerts are an example of being not fun and people will likely not play those. And many where people have all the stuff done and people wipe people won't deal with it, but it's fine. we just have to see how it all plays out. it could rejuvanate the older content and since we now get marks and tons more perks for being premium then I can manage. i am excited for the new interface and revisiting old content. Some I do think even if overgeared is still fun to play or even at level. I still really enjoy Act of Defiance, Return to the Nexus, Unholy Matrimony, etc. Regardless I have been playing the game since 2011 with breaks and such of course, which if you told me i'd still be playing it 10 years later back then I would have thought no way.