DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

Who are you replying to? You obviously didn't read what I wrote.
  2. shoegazer Well-Known Player

How about if you don't like one shots you go play another game..

Or you know, find a group of people that want to play it as designed like you

Or better yet..why can't the needs of both you be an option?
    • Like x 1
  3. shoegazer Well-Known Player

I tried to explain what you meant to him earlier in the thread..

Anyways..I'm right there with you bud
  4. farm3rb0b Committed Player

There's some confusion here. Namely in the "...join you in not participating" part of that comment. We are playing again. I don't hop on the forums to a game I don't play.

The entire time this game has been out, there has been a vocal minority on the forums. That's us - you, me, and everyone else on this thread. The recurring names on the forums do not make up the majority of the player base. I'm exhausted with the lack of upkeep on the Census so I haven't checked, but I'm willing to ***/u/me the majority of characters are not max CR. So all the things you listed are important to them as they progress.

On the flipside, new content will release and current endgame players...won't be max CR. All those things that improve their stats for endgame content will be important.

Another bonus? A lot of the artifact bonuses are not just stat increases. Allowing support powers to hit more people, lowering cooldowns, etc. Those bonuses should be in effect even if your CR is lowered.

Can I see where you're coming from about wishing you could go back and have an easier time in older content? Sure, I get it. I'm just in the boat that I think this is a better change for the game and I wish they had done it a decade ago.
    • Like x 3
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you want everything easy mode than you can also play a different game. The games changing whether you like it or not so you could just take your own advice
    • Like x 2
  6. hero turner Well-Known Player

ok someone suggested do an option for the clamped content ok well why not have something at the selections of missions in the journals, on duty tabs , event and seasonal missions, raids, alerts, duos, solos, legends ect..ect..So what ever select have the option to choose easy, normal. hard .difficult, expert,high, low levels ect ect..so that when you que up or group up for these missions it automatic puts you in these groups or missions to play at those levels and once your in these missions your clamped to the level of those missions. Looking at some other MMO and fighting games, they usually have a option at start up to choose easy, normal, hard or difficult, expert levels, high levels and low levels so it can be that way in DCUO as well when selecting on duty or reg missions solos , duos , alerts, raids , event and seasonal content. That way open world cand watchtower, Hall of Doom , safe houses can stay the same as they are now , also it would be ok to choose these level options when doing scrims, duels with other players if selected to test each other in spars at higher levels if you feel strong enough, I mean you can always decline duel invites if no lol just a suggestion.
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

If I remember correctly, one of the reasons you left around the time of Earth 3 was you were tired of the grind.

It’s fine. I can log in occasionally, get some purple gear, a couple of pieces of regular gear off vendor - have the minimum CR to see the next episode. Do a regular raid night with friends once or twice or week and not worry about it.

Don’t need that membership either. Don’t really need to spend any money at all. Thanks! :)
    • Like x 3
  8. Zhouz Well-Known Player

Like I said, feats are a function of time and skill. The parts you just described? Gearing up, unlocking mainframe etc: that's part of the time requirement.

Players aren't given feats for just being good without putting in the work. They gotta actually run the content.

Players also shouldn't just automatically be given feats because they stuck around long enough to have them handed to them. Gotta apply both, time and skill.
    • Like x 2
  9. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Well, not exactly.

Over the years, the devs have repeatedly mentioned going back to tough feats after being very overgeared for them as a method to achieve some of the more stubborn ones. It's a very strange mischaracterization that you're performing here-- no one is asking for feats to be "handed to them." Of course folks are going to run the content but there's always been a method for people to go back and revisit for difficult feats long after they're out of relevancy. It's just been part of the game and it's not remotely an unreasonable expectation for the community to continue to want that.

Honestly, your posts just read like gatekeeping and saltiness that someone might have a better shot at a three year old feat that it seems you don't want them to be able to earn.
    • Like x 6
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because some people are indifferent to their fellow players experience, just because players are geared doesn't give them the ok to 1 shot a instance raid boss with other people
    • Like x 2
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

there will be, youll be stronger then a newbie, but no longer able to simply 1 shot a raid boss.
    • Like x 1
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What you're saying comes uncomfortably close to saying that people shouldn't be listened to because you don't agree with them as to what they should want.

But everyone gets to pick their own priorities. If some people " just want to steamroll old content and one shot things," their opinion is exactly as valid as your dismissal.
    • Like x 4
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

With all due respect, I missed where we held an election and elected you (or anyone else, of any opinion) to speak for "everyone else."

Just as a general rule -- see my .sig -- people should restrain themselves to speaking only for themselves, because that's the only person anyone can speak for. Attempts to claim that one speaks for the masses are best avoided. Please.
    • Like x 5
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

The question is, how is a single player 1 shotting a 8 man raid boss healthy for the community?
    • Like x 2
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then should 1 player should be able to dictate the pace of a instance run and how fast bosses die? Or should that be something everyone in the run gets to participate in?
    • Like x 2
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Perhaps a better solution would a compromise? Using my self as an example (CR 341), clamp my damage output all you want, clamp it at whatever tier level but don't touch my health stats. I refuse to accept that I should get KO'd by a lower tier anything. My health will have no affect on new or returning lower CR players in their enjoyment of the content at whatever their level, or is this too much to ask also?

Just wondering.
  17. shoegazer Well-Known Player

I don't want "everything easy mode"..that's what endgame is for..

Also..I already played these instances when they were "hard mode"..so your easy mode comment means nothing to me..I don't really care about one shotting early raid bosses or the content that you could currently even one shot stuff in..like I said to someone else, just a by product of progression

But I'll say it again..I should be able to go back and try to solo an open world bounty if I want to.. or go back to DWF and beat the **** out of Darkseid because it was such a pain in the *** when it was "hard mode" if I want to..BECAUSE I WORKED FOR IT

Because 9+ years playing the game, at endgame, 2000+ feats (All group feats PUG'd by the way..just in case you want to question how difficult that is), lvl 200 artifacts and everything else

If a game is not going to respect those things and people who have supported and played the game for 8, 9, 10 years..the time played and effort put in..than it's not worth playing..and I for one don't think stat clamping everything and it not being optional is very resepectful of those things..never being able to be stronger than a clamp is not respectful to the time and effort put in (and money spent) by people who have put in massive amounts of time and effort over the last decade..even more so considering that's how this game has functioned since it began..and it was understood by all that's how it functioned so the change of it adds even more disrespect
    • Like x 4
  18. shoegazer Well-Known Player

And this is for everyone just in case you don't get it..

Stat clamping all content will never allow anyone to be more powerful in any content..there will always be limits you cannot surpass

Endgame is always limited.. it is the max gear, etc..the next episode will increase the stats on gear but will also increase in difficulty..the lower episode will become a little easier as you progress..but it will eventually drop into not endgame content and will be clamped..no matter how much you progress past it you will never be more powerful in this content than the clamp allows..never

All not endgame content will be clamped..there will be certain stat limits that you will never be able to surpass in whatever not endgame content you are in..no matter how much you progress you will never be anymore powerful in this content than the clamp allows

Or you can think about this way..Endgame will be the most difficult content but you will never get more powerful in it than the restrictions put on you by the clamp when it is no longer endgame no matter how much you progress or how far away it gets from endgame

Whichever way you want to look at it, this change is effectively the end of power growth in this game..you will never be able to be stronger in any content than what is allowed by that content's clamp
    • Like x 2
  19. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

As others and I have said you should be able to choose what you queue for: clamped or unclamped. People who choose the same thing get grouped together.

I have been trying to catch up on older stuff lately in places like Central City and Gotham Wastelands. I'm often the only one in there, but since I can solo the bosses, and the duos, I can complete the quests. If it suddenly requires a group again I'd never get done. It's hard to get a group of 4 for DD when there are literally hundreds of people in the zone. People don't even seem to understand the advantages of being in a group. Since there are very few people doing the old content let them solo it. Clamping will just mean the few who want to do old content won't be able to do it and then nobody will be doing it. I would love to have a group for it, but the people who want to do it just are not available.

One of the top features of any RPG is your character gaining power. This is even more important in a superhero based RPG. You can go back to stuff that was hard before and see how far you have come. If you are clamped everywhere there is no gauge other than in the current tier. RIFT allows players in the world to choose any level below their current level. Give us the option to set our CR. Or create clamped and unclamped instances of the world. It's all using technology already in use in this game.
    • Like x 7
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See, what you are talking about there is a type of player not the actual power of the player. One who is inconsiderate of the rest of the group. When that player is allowed to enter the raid on his/her own or in a group of like minded individuals quickly? Well, that would be great for the community. That inconsiderate person would no longer be queuing up with you. But that's not the change we got. So enjoy, because if you feel that is the type of player you would like to keep running with, you got your wish in spades. Now you can random queue up with them all day long....they will just be weaker now, but so will everyone else. See, I'd have preferred to pick who I ran with and what I ran with them....not likely now, cause loot man....loot....so much loot to get.
    • Like x 1