Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spells New Player

It’s a little unclear. Will the login bonus stop at 20 days a month or is that where you feel the bonuses =value of $20? I get why you wouldn’t want to have the biggest bonuses at the very lat day. But it would be nice to get something each day after 20 to have a reason to log in
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You could/would get more if you logged in every day of the month/cycle. It is just not our expectation.
    • Like x 4
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will certainly be on the test server with these changes.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think this was answered, but the goal is for most things to be account bound. The only definitive thing that is not account bound in daily rewards are Source Marks. You will want to make sure you are on the character you want when you claim those.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is an item we still need to finalize plans for.
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

So excluding Source Marks… will this be similar to how Stabilizers, Stabilizer Fragments, or Replay Badges are now in that they go into an account pool that can be viewed from any of the characters?
  7. inferno Loyal Player

Honestly, this is a perfect solution/answer to the situation. Ty.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, more like the items that drop into your inventory can be shared-banked to your other characters if needed.
    • Like x 2
  9. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I have a few questions.

The UI placeholder for the daily login doesn't show an option to hold off on claiming the reward. If we want to claim the source marks on a certain character, do we have to log in on that charter first on the days we would get source marks?

If we can wait to claim when we switch characters, what happens if we forget to claim on a certain day, meaning we logged in but didn't claim? This could be because we wanted the marks on a different character but forgot to switch and claim before the end of the day. Do we still get "credit" for that day's login and the next day we have two days worth of rewards to collect?

If you start off the month as f2p or premium and buy membership later in the month, do you get the member track rewards for all the previous days you logged in, or do you only get the member track rewards for that day going forward?
    • Like x 2
  10. ACLife Active Player

Pardon my error. I meant the Victory tokens.
  11. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

The daily log in feature is a welcome addition and is a plus for when I resume dcuo sometime before this all drops but I do have a queston about the Source marks.

Why not have the non account bound items drop in an account bound cache that the players can move via the shared bank if needed?

It's inevitable people will not always log into the right toon for those rewards.

This would save you the time and future headaches of people freaking out because they claimed the rewards on the wrong toon.
  12. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

That issue needs to be resolved.

It's insane that it still has not been dealt with after all this time and the economy is still shot.
    • Like x 3
  13. GoldenMaskedGuy New Player

Does the +50% artifact xp means everyone will be getting nth metal caches or everyone will be getting additional drops?
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Question on the daily grants. On the mock up it looks like there are 2 tiers...one for 'everyone', meaning F2P/Premium/Members get that and one for 'members' that only members get. This would seem that F2P and Premiums get the same daily grant, meaning the same stabilizers and same marks or whatever else will be in the grant.

Can you confirm this is the case, or that there will be separate 'premium' level (members would still get the bonus) grant on top of the daily 'everyone' grant? Like a F2P would only be able to claim the 'everyone', a premium would get 'everyone' and 'premium' which has a touch more(like a few extra frags or mark or 3), then members would get 'everyone' and the shown 'member' grant which is that 3x amount bundle shown.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The way it works right now is that when you log in - at all, on any character - you become eligible for the next daily reward. We expect you to be able to jump into that reward UI and 1) claim a single item or 2) claim the whole day's items or 3) claim all the (unclaimed) items from all the days you are eligible for. This is subject to change and unforeseen tech problems, but that's the goal.

The short answer is - you should have much flexibility to get the items you want on the characters you want, without needing to make sure you log in on any specific character first.

The when-you-get-membership question is a good one, and I'll need to follow up on what the intent is there.
    • Like x 8
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That might be possible. Like I just mentioned, you can claim those individually though on whichever character you mean to, and we know how people love boxes of boxes within boxes...
    • Like x 4
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There are two tracks - one for non-members and one for members.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So people who have spent 10s, 100s or 1000s on the game....same bucket as those who've spent <$5. Good to know where we stand. Thanks for answering.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Premium is achieved by spending $5. The daily login rewards valued at $20 a month are already IMO very generous and showing that appreciation and value. If you're spending 10s, 100s, or 1000s on the game, new membership is a no-brainer. If somehow not, staying non-member and reaping the benefits of free episodes and unlimited cash and not needing to spend like that anymore is also a pretty good deal, we think.
    • Like x 6
  20. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Is this also going to be true for currencies that are granted as part of the reward? Using the Stabilizer Fragments as an example, I log in on Character1, run the mission, and check my inventory currencies and find that my fragments increased by the appropriate number. When I switch to Character2 and go to the same tab I see that my fragments are correct for having run the mission already.

What is in the works is that an account bound cache of fragments will show up in my inventory instead, and once collected it will show up in the inventory currency tab? Will this also carry through with any other “daily login bonus” currencies like what is used at the Fate vendor?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.