DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh, I will, after I eat through the 20,000+ I have now. Hopefully the clamping will be rolled back by then.

My point was, if the main drive to get into old content is marks, it still means a lot of content will be excluded. No one has an issue getting into Paradox, FOS3, Prime, HH today because they are quick runs. What does this change do for NgN or Bombshell....AnB or LnW? Why would anyone run those when you can just run FOS3 again and in the off chance you did run one of those, if it turns into a poop fest, why would you stay?
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Just quoting this as this thread has gone on a fair few pages in case anyone missed this particular post.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Whatever you choose to spend your granted daybreak cash/loyalty points on becomes free with membership/is included with membership. That there are many things you might want to spend on is why the grant has value in the first place.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed, but choosing to buy something with granted money is not the same as getting a 'free' thing with membership. Example. I get 150 'free' replay badges with membership. I can 'choose' to spend my 500 on a seal, or maybe some stabilizers or a 2nd batch of 150 replays. I still get the granted 150 badges either way because they are included as part of the membership package.

And yeah, I always set the value of those 2 things (150 replays and 500 DBC/Loyalty) at $5 a pop....no one was saying there wasn't value....just that the seal is not an included membership perk....like the replays are. They are something I can spend my 500 on if I so choose. (and generally do)

BTW...adding in a method of getting seals in game besides MP or Loyalty/DBC grant is one of the best take aways from this update. Whatever else I'll say about it, kudos on that. Having them tied behind some sort of real life money has always been a major drawback of artifacts, and I don't think was the intended outcome when launched. (thanks glitchers!)
  5. MEMO2 Level 30

A great job that always you must think about the future and your work does not become a routine. You have to invent more ideas. I think, based on my experience with the game for 10 years, this is the first time that the game has been a good news and the last word remains for you to make a game cross play u need that

Now we feel really boring
    • Like x 1
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Are there internal discussions on Trinkets and Orbital Strikes? Particularly how a user can have lots of them and they take up inventory slots. Will the unlocked trinkets a user has in inventory, be added to the style tab for selection of which trinket to use?

If I have integrated a trinket but deleted the item, have I lost the chance to add that trinket or orbital strike to the theoretical style tab that may occur in the future? I've deleted many over time, but getting them again to add to a theoretical style tab would be relatively easy, i think. I guess the performance of certain trinkets compared to others is an aspect to remember, whereas orbital strikes are just graphic differences. Plus the tiered versions.... hmmm. (recalls watching Chill's youtube videos about comparing trinkets. Also, hot swapping trinkets from changing armory or drag and drop to the utility belt from inventory.)

I guess it makes more sense if Orbital Strikes were possibly added to the style tab, and leave Trinkets as is.

edit: oh to clarify, I was thinking of damage trinkets. I just recalled there are a second type of Trinket, Change Form trinkets. Change Form trinkets could be a style tab thang. Omac, Man-Bat, Clockwork, Lion Tooth Juju, etc.
    ...if Change Form trinkets added to a style tab... how does one activate it? /ponder
  7. devsaregood New Player

Ally system sounds like another forced end game grind, especially with the 'passive biffs mentioned' I play this game to be my own hero, not to summon Batman to my side. I really don't want this forced on me..
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

There are tech asks from Design to get at least Orbitals, Henchmen, and Supply Drops added to the Dispenser since it already dispenses such things. Understandably there were a LOT of tech asks for this Episode so it did get pushed but it's on our radar.

We are undertaking some other inventory kindness measures as well. Some of which you'll see sooner than EP41 and others with it and even more after.
    • Like x 11
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Mepps one thing i thought of that concerns me is about source marks. Since there will be an abundance of them to be had now.

1. Will a cap be removed.

2. I dont want us to end up back in the situation we had with marks of triumph (i think those were the ones) where gear outside of end game would cost thousands of marks because you got so many marks.

3. Will vendor cosmetic items increase in price? Old OP collections? Etc. With members getting it seems even more bonuses having to do with marks we will be swimming in them.

I hope the answer is no to 2 and 3.
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

There has been some confusion on this topic but ultimately the plan is for any open world that falls within a bucket of content (reconfigured tiers) would also be clamped, with values for those being clamped down kept in mind (better values than those clamped up for example) and that open world granting source marks, better scaling gear, etc. but keeping loot locks. This is intended to be included in this next episode.
    • Like x 3
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

"Wow...I have so much free inventory space"
    What is 'Things I have never said, but would like to' for 1000 Alex...

That would be great. It seems like whenever we get more space, you guys find things to fill it with. Let's do the first part, but not the 2nd this time...
    • Like x 3
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

O.O no more soloing an old bounty in an open world due to stat clamping the instance too? /wary

example for my character: I'm CR 341 and solo Deluge bounty & Doomed Metropolis map bounties (Steele and Superboy) . I don't go back further anymore for older bounties. Still catching up with some feats from taking a break for a while. Earth 3 metal bounties I can't solo currently.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m still confused. Can I get source marks from Atlantis or not? :p Open worlds would be a nice laidback alternative to instances, even if they still have locks. I personally wouldn’t spam them anyway.
    • Like x 1
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

No. They stated the omnibus will give out extra rewards. Which is just a random Q for random content. People will have incentive to Q that random on duty and will be put in that pool with say a guy in T4 who needs Prime or whatever content. Thus helping different Qs. You can still just Q up FOS3 and bang through it for the standard marks. But if you Q the Omni. It sounds like you'll get a little extra.
    • Like x 1
  15. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

^ This. I too have been with this game from Alpha, Beta, and ultimately launch. I come to forums sparingly now, but this actually made me log in. Devs, thank you for this. I, too, became a little emotional (PAUSE!) We still need more clarification on the stat clamping, but you guys are making me proud.
    • Like x 1
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

Since Atlantis isn't End Game then it falls into the other category of content and thus - source marks.
    • Like x 3
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'll wait to see what the 'extra' is and how it's applied. If it's not attractive to most, I'll stand by my opinion. Honestly, if it is attractive, if it's tradable, there might still be less reason to queue up.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Huzzah! It really is a relief to learn I can just go for a swim and open some chests to pay my mainframe rent. :)
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

This is incredible! I can finally play without worrying about my cr dropping when I run out of membership. Having access to both lair and utility system is well worth the play as a new and former DCUO player. Are future dlcs going to be accessed to legendary membership? I didn't specifically read that here but I did see access to all powers.
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I'm so ready to spend money!!!!!!!!