New Stats Clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DeitySupreme, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

How about more than a little bit...
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

This is probably true. Folks will spam probably FoS3, Dox, maybe HH-- quick arena options-- and be done with it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And both of those runs pay source and are extremely easy. So what again is the draw to the change in lower content? Oh yeah, adding source....and making them harder.

I'll give you the 'new' drops being added or pet leveling (Still not set in stone how that happens), but unless they are set up per instance, there is no guarantee the run you want will still ever pop...honestly less likely now that all runs could be queued up, and people might get their fix sooner than the one you want pops.

I'd like to point out that with almost every 2x source week we've had there are many groans and complaints that people aren't getting anything as they don't need source...at least that bad. Not everyone is bad a source management so it's less of an issue for some.
    • Like x 2
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

The devs can monitor and adjust their payout values then, problem solved.
    • Like x 1
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

That seems like a real slippery slope though and counter to the entire point of this project. If it gets to monitoring payouts, might as well just nix the clamping idea altogether.
    • Like x 3
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I rarely want to run old content as it is now. I definitely don't want to rerun it clamped.
    Guess I'm going to stick to solos and duos like I've been doing for extra marks. The only thing we're losing here is soloing raid walk-ins.
    • Like x 6
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Which is fine, it's still time being spent on the game than what your doing now.

Adjusting their payout values won't change the core concept. People that don't wanna struggle will still go to the next easiest piece of content, and that's their priority; not mine. Furthermore, you'd have to take account into the fact that Loot locks are gone from older content with the changes coming.

So either way you slice it, people'll spam something, or plenty of things. The developers goal isn't to get everybody to just run everything, it's to get more people sinking hours into the game. Furthermore, If you've read what Save The Universe will do. It will gradually take older content and scale it into End-Game Episodes, so I suspect this is their way of countering people who'll spam pieces of content just because they are easy.

The way I see people spamming FOS 3 or Dox, or whatever; it's fine. It's like Elite Content for me, if you want the harder content; go play it. If you want the quick and easy route, go for it.

Your still spending time in the game and that's what matters.

Finally on that note.. Some pieces of content have certain style sets that you will need to replay over and over again in order to get their style pieces.

Spamming content will happen, it's just a fact guys.
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly we have always known that if we ever got the Clamp.... that it would be mandatory.
    Which is why some of us have always been dead set against the Clamp.

And now... it would seem that our worst fears have been realized. :(

Sadly.... making the Clamp optional does not seem to even be considered. But I hope I am wrong.

Please..... no Sat Clamp..... or at the very least.... make it optional.
    • Like x 4
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Lets take bets on how long it lasts before the speed hackers that never get banned end up abusing this too. Guarantee the 1st day in there will be speed hack carries thru simple content to blaze thru source marks. Shame
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So if the system fails to drive people to the other, less desirable runs, change the system to FORCE people to run the other runs? That's 'problem solved'? Ok Stalin...:eek:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The whole point of this update is to get people to do more in DCUO.

Right now for everyone saying they don't wanna run old content I guarantee the main thing they do when they login is replay badge the end-game raids, do dailies & weeklies, and log back off. You people are really going on about "Oh spamming content will be a problem." when yall are sitting there just replay badging nothing but raids when the developers are releasing new pieces of content in the latest DLC.

If it's not an issue for you guys to just replay badge spam one raid, then why is it an issue if someone spams(or in this proper case scenario.. Farms) older content?

Again, Loot Locks are gone in older content for a reason.

Source marks are removed from end-game content for a reason.

This is to ensure at a minimum if you need source marks, your gonna go revisit that older content.

You need a style set? Sink some hours in and farm that solo or duo.

You need marks? Farm a set piece of content and get those marks.

The point of the update by in large is to make DCUO more of a time sink than it is now.

Edited for clarification, because loot locks are still at end-game content; but removed from older content.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

True that. The only reason I run old content most times (except extreme boredom) is to help someone get a feat, or to quickly collect some potential reward like ZooE and PanE, or various locations that have 'rare' drops. Adding clamping will just mean that I'm less likely to do so, and if I do so it won't be in a blind queue where that 'simple' run can turn into a shoot-show or hour long 'here's how to play the game....R1 means block....POT means Power over Time....a boss with a skull attack can kill you' tutorial every time.
    • Like x 3
  13. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

This is an issue if the community wants lower cr players to have a parent/child dynamic. Devs, do not try to fool players with the illusion of "participation". As long as you participate you win. Stat clamping is not going to work well if the devs "simulate participation".

Participator: Yay we won, I know I didn't do much but I tried.
    Veteran: Great job. That's ok you tried your best.
    Player reaches Endgame....
    Veteran: Kick him out...kick him out NOW! he stinks...you're wasting our time
    Participator: but... I participated...I tried to...
    (they suddenly find themselves back at the tower with the notation of you've been kicked in chat)
    Participator: I didn't get a chance to explain... groups weren't like that before...
    (their mental framework is blown and they quit)

"You don't want to participate, fine, doesn't matter to me since I can complete it without you. You are just here to help me shave off a few minutes since I can no longer speed run at my 'normal pace'".
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wait...did they say 'no loot locks' or just 'no relevancy'? If no loot locks, that's even going to make it worse as you can literally just hit the easiest/fastest raid 10x to get 100 source vs queuing up for 10 different raids and drawing a slog-fest. I figured we'd still have a weekly lockout, but can run any single piece of content for source once a week without replays...that's a ton of source available in a lot of runs, but say goodbye to the 'hard' or long ones if no loot locks.

If no look locks...yeah...that's even worse for getting into the things you 'need' to.
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not to defend the clamping (cause I'm not), but you'd still work on the wings for the 'current' content and related feats. I know I'll still work on that stuff, but yeah, in older content? No...no reason to have it. 1 toon only from now on...just for the feats.

Same question as the PVP gear there....why get 101 gear when a naked guy holding a sharp stick has just as much chance of winning? The feats....past that...none.
  16. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Why would we sink more time?..the whole point of going back is basically to get feats we missed..stat clamping basically makes getting those feats irrelevant..pretty much all endgame players have enough SP to max out main stats and more..if it's going to take longer and take more effort, we're better off grinding endgame currencies (eventually what's left over will become source marks) and feats

I mean..PvP is dead..PvE is going to be a stat clamped joke..I'm having a hard time seeing any reason to care about progressing at this point..pretty much no one plays PvP so we're not fighting each other..now all PvE content is going to be clamped?..basically progression is becoming more and more meaningless in a genre of game where progression is the point..what's the reward for the time and effort you put in now?
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m starting to learn that most people have 0 clue what stats clamp even is lol. How is progression over? You are still required to get new gear to make the current dlc go smoother. So what if you can’t one shot things anymore you’ll still be overheated for that content. If you need to one shot something to be able to do a feat than MMOs just aren’t for you.
  18. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I really don't like the idea at all. We earned our CR and being forced to lower CR to play older material or older bounties sounds horrible to me.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

No matter the content/cr everyone should feel like they're contributing, as a end game cr player myself, I don't see the issue of being clamped in old content.
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Loot locks are gone.

Gone from older content entirely.

[IMG]

Again, they want people to spend more time on DCUO with this update.

How well that executes or goes down with the community at hand is on me, If the players opt for the easiest pieces of content and choose to spam it; that's on them.

Even then, there are leagues out there to help people out if they still can't find people to run the stuff they 'need' to do.

The main takeaway from everything is you'll have to wait and see. I'm not saying everything on this is perfect, but it's ambitious and I want to see them follow through with it.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.