Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the solowing Steadfast Player

I expect initial run issues, but once players get used to it they wont even notice or mind it that much.
    • Like x 3
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As it sounds like the only real difference will be source marks availability, I'd expect once people are stocked up on source (I've already got 10's of 1000s split around my toons....many do), we'll see queues drop off again after a few 'bad' runs. And again...this will do nothing to help feat hunters, nothing positive that is.

Time will tell.
    • Like x 1
  3. Panderus Senior Producer

I was wary of this as well but we are having it reset like daily quests and such, a set time with everything else in the middle of the night. I don't think any solution is perfect for everyone, but I think it benefits the most people and is more predictable.
    • Like x 6
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

This does remind me...the Halloween grants were on a 24 hour timer which could cause one of those cascades. Not the end of the world to miss a Teekl bucket, but it wasn't too fun to have to choose on missing bucket(s) or being on at the same time every day to ensure you didn't have to reset your login time to later and potentially later...I know you guys have a lot of other things going on, but if that could get penciled in to get looked at when planning for that seasonal comes around, that'd be great.
    • Like x 3
  5. Owlman Earth 3 Level 30

so will premium members be able to access the broker as the money will be increased?
  6. RepublicOfGamers New Player

1) for pvp impossible to do, especially 8vs8 and related feat will you do something? pvp is a completely dead phase, only hackers are running.

2) To enter the old and easy raids, is it possible to enter even less than 8? If there are 4 of us and we manage to do it, why stress to look for another 4 necessarily?

3) If you wanted to do a complete role change, from sorcery to atomic for example, can you put an artifact / equipment converter? otherwise as in the European server, the tanks practically do not exist. 5 out of 10 are healers, forced to switch to other healer powers due to artifacts
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Oh, okay. I misread your previous response. Thanks for clarifying and my apologies for my inaccurate plaint.
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

For the record, with all these changes coming, I'd like to beg for consideration of adding the ability to deal with broker items in batches.

I.e., put a checkmark by each item so one can simply click, say, twenty times and then only once to make the purchase.

The most tedious part of the game is how long it takes to make a bunch of broker transactions, whether selling or buying, when one has to push a string of keys for every single transaction.

Batching items would be a huge quality of life improvement. Just saying and asking and hoping.
  9. ACLife Active Player

Mepps, thank you for the response regarding the Tons of Vault tickets post. Loot Pinatas sounds great.

I would like to mention the Marks of Victory that I continue to receive that build up in inventory. Has there been any thought or discussion regarding those?
    • Like x 1
  10. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

If this was already asked & answered I apologize: the post said that daily rewards were 1 per account, will this affect vault? That’s horrible for alts if they cant get rewards from vault content
    • Like x 2
  11. Eve YouTuber

Vaults rewards will be obtainable in other ways, but vault will be gone
  12. Eve YouTuber

Thank you kind Deity ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Referring to the daily run to get a free piece of gear, those pieces really add up when working on 20+ characters, if its 1 per acc, 19 alts get screwed
    • Like x 4
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

ONCE again membership should be encouraging LONGER PLAY TIMES!! This membership does NOT ENCOURAGE LONGER PLAY TIMES.. That should be the MAIN differences between FREE to LEGENDARY.. Once again how does this new Membership benefit players who are already maxed out inventory slots???? How does this REALLY separate the GAP between FREE NEW members and CURRENT LEGENDARY?

Throw in 500 monthly Replay Badges and watch more players SUB and play the game longer!!
    500 REPLAY BADGES = 5 RAIDS reset. 20 ALERTS.. 41 duos.. How is this too much to ask for?? Who doesn't want to play DCUO longer?

ADD QUARKS to this NEW SYSTEM

Mepps you keep saying the CASH value is $60, but it really doesn't translate to REAL VALUE to the players.. That price point isn't REAL VALUE.. thats a bit misleading.. The value comes from what we see fit.. What you guys keep calling $60 value may be already considered OVERPRICED, which inherently, isn't perceived, a BENEFICIAL value of $60 to US.
    • Like x 1
  15. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

If this is indeed TRUE.. then why is the grind so crazy?? The grind for the past couple of DLCs which i enjoyed very much(THANK YOU) havent been alt friendly.. The in game pricing for things doesnt feel like we are being expected an estimated 20days of gameplay per month.. Once again not complaining, just pointing out QOL for us 10yr VETS...
    • Like x 1
  16. Eve YouTuber

Gear is going to drop from log in rewards as far as I understand
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I asked about that and mepps said that it was taken into account. I don’t think it will be equivalent for those with 20+ toons so those people will unfortunately take a hit. But it shouldn’t be as bad of a hit especially since one toon will take the whole thing making it easier to focus on specific alts. Currently the 3k nth is locked to the character that gets it. It’s a give take kinda package
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Most MMOs memberships don’t do that. So why should dcuo? Memberships in MMOs are there to give the player an edge without making it so that HAD to have membership. In dcuo players HAD to have it to have normal loot locks and access to all their money. Dcuo pretty much hurt players who just wanted to try out the game and see if they wanted to play long term. These changes give them that option which opens the the game to potential new clients.

Also, when developers say something has a cash value of X amount they are using the current formula that’s in the game. It’s like if a five had a perfected nth metal. They would say it has a cash value of $10 because that’s how much it cost. You saying “well it’s subjective because maybe I think nth is over priced” is an opinion that doesn’t change the cash value of a given item. If a daily login reward says it has the cash value of $20 it means that the total content of the rewards would normally cost $20. It’s not a subjective thing it’s a factual number. Just because you don’t like some of the things in it doesn’t change the. It may change the value to YOU but not the factual value of the items.

And you want 500 more replays, and quarks on top of the new benefits which are on top of the benefits you already have? Sorry for being blunt but stop acting like you are entitled to anything. If you don’t like the membership, guess what, you don’t have to have it. If they added those things than they would just increase the cost of membership. How much stuff do you actually expect to get from a $15 membership?
    • Like x 2
  19. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

First of all, i see that the dev team took the time to read the viable ideas of the player feedback with the thread about the changes (really nice to see that).

Are you planning on adding a testing stage to this? i ask because on paper this seems like amazing changes, but it may be nice and constructive to the dev team to see changes on the test server.

Overall seems like awesome changes, on my part i was considering stoping the membership this month, but i'll take the risk to keep it trusting this changes :D.
    • Like x 1
  20. Panderus Senior Producer

The goal of Membership is NOT to encourage longer play times, it is to provide value and services each month at a high rate of return. We do not want to create a large gap or make it feel like membership is required to play the game.

For a Free to Play game to be successful, you need to invite players to enjoy the game as a Free player and once they are ready (if they so choose) provide value for the money they spend. It should never feel like there is a paywall to access the core features of the game and play them.
    • Like x 13
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.