Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yeah but I still believe the economy should be open to both members and premiums lol, but I am curious as to what ideas you have in mind for members that's non-economy effective, there should be more threads for discussing member perks and is it set in stone as far as members rewards?
    • Like x 1
  2. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

If I'm understanding the developers correctly, If you log in for only 10 days I think you have until a month for the reset or so. That means any other time you choose to log in from the 10days, the chain of daily rewards will continue.
  3. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but will faction impact what characters we can have as our allies? If so, will there be some grey area characters that will be available for both? And I doubt you’d give any names aside from the ones already listed, but would you be willing to give us a number of how many there will be when the system first rolls out? And are there any particular characters that are completely off the table for being part of this system? Will some be special and harder to get and advance than others, like maybe the mentors (or will we like automatically have our respective mentor as our first one similar to how you get Tim’s or Harley’s Legends once you hit a certain level)? Will some of them need to be obtained during particular times or events? Will there occasionally be new allies made obtainable that tie in to the release of an episode or some other significant moment like a new movie or an anniversary? For instance, releasing Robin as one as a Teen Titans, Batfamily, or Super Sons related episode releases or Harley on her next major anniversary. I would love if all my Lantern girls could get members of their respective Corps as theirs so I could really deck them out with that, the henchmen, and the orbitals (which I still need to get the Yellow, Green, and Red ones for their corresponding girls). And I’ve noticed I can have a battle pet and henchmen out at the same time. Will we be able to have all three out at once or will that be limited? Will they be an orbital-esque splash damage type deal like Batman and Joker with the Gotham Pack? Or will they stick around and join the fight like sidekicks? Will they be put in slots of our utility belts or something else? Can we have multiple allies in our arsenal at a time (but presumably only send one out at a time much like trinkets)?
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Log in rewards are designed as an incentive to get you to log in. That's the reason so many games have them - developers want you to play their games, so they give you incentives to do so. That being said, it is your choice whether you want to play or not. It will only take you a few minutes to log in, claim the reward and log back out again. If you don't want to play the actual game that day then you don't have to. You pay for your membership, and what you do with that time you've paid for is your choice.
    • Like x 3
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I don't think that's the case. I believe Mepps said the rewards will cycle/reset every 30 days, so if you only log in 10 days in the cycle and then you log in again after the next cycle has started you are back to day one.
    • Like x 3
  6. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Yea I agree, although they could technically say it's not a roll back, they just didn't announce broker changes at the same time as everything else lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

LOL savage. :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Oh I see what u mean.
  9. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I see, each month will the reward will differ or be the same? if so will there be any way for members to reclaim daily rewards.
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm not sure about if they'll be the same or not. I think Mepps said that they will change occasionally, but there probably won't be a change every single month. Not sure about reclaiming them, but I doubt there will be anything in there that is a "one time only" deal. This is all just my assumptions though, I'm just going by what has been written in the announcement and subsequent replies.
    • Like x 1
  11. Akaiko Well-Known Player

While I haven't been a subscriber in over a year, there's always been a difference between what a subscriber who logs in practically daily gets versus someone who plays once a month. As someone who deals with "life happens", what my subscription earned me in July or December (when I tend to get more vacation days from work) has always been "more" versus any other month of the year (especially some of my busier work months, such as October--which is why the Halloween seasonal is the one that I'm missing a ton of feats for while I generally am able to keep up with all of the others).

A subscriber that logs in daily and chooses to run the stabilizer duo & the vault would earn a ton more currency and stabilizers etc. (in other words, more bonuses) than the subscriber that logged in once a month based on the current model. You never got the same bonuses if you played/logged in less as a subscriber. The daily login rewards generally is following the same principle as the stabilizer duo/vault.

Loyalty points, replay badges, inventory, etc. is the part of being a subscriber that was the same if you logged in once compared to daily. That is still going to be the case.
    • Like x 4
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

As far as i can see, i adore the on paper changes!
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

I hope, so the inflation issue needs serious tackling.
  14. Eve YouTuber

Question to Mepps or any other Dev - If I claim the reward on one character, I can move them to other characters or they are bound to the same character?
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was thinking the same thing. Although, the obvious (for me anyway) is the $10 of replays and MPC/DBC, which I'll likely still need anyway. So assuming you sub for a year...it's about a wash. However, it will really depend on what I'm getting out of that 'extra' rewards every day (for me). If after a month of claiming stuff, I can end up garnering things I'd buy anyway (like SOC/SOP) that equals $5, $10 or more....I'll probably stay subbed. If it's just more XP, or marks to buy things I don't need, I might let it lapse after this year. They can say there is $60 worth of stuff in there....but until I know for sure I just have one question....

[IMG]
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is being factored into the daily rewards (insane, enormous) value.
    • Like x 5
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 4
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Looks like you won in the clamping/no clamping discussion. I hope it works out better than the last go-round.
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I believe I saw somewhere that some items will be account bound while others will not. The special currency will be a shared currency from what I saw one of the devs post
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.