DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I’m really not looking foward to the new ally system. It sounds like another variant of artifacts
    • Like x 1
  2. Blitzy New Player

With respect to items that previously dropped in the vault, will these rewards all be account bound? In particular, the omac trinket has dropped for me several times but not on toons I intend to use them on; it would be nice if items like this could be traded across toons in the same account.
  3. TheMysteryGal New Player

Wow, this sounds promising. I'm glad to see Dev Discussion feedback has made its way into the changes.
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

As Mepps said, the item drops won't change at all and I have made it a side project (hustle?) of mine to add more cool rare drops to older content. Tiered combat pets, iconic weapon styles, etc. It'll likely be an on going project over time to add more cool shinies but I hope to get a good chunk of them implemented in time.
    • Like x 17
  5. Doctor Anomaly Level 30

Is there any news on Skill Points? I seem to remember something being mentioned about them previously but can't find any mention by searching here.
  6. Flemix Level 30

Though there's a lot to be excited about I'll admit being disappointed by the lack of a forced queue feature for the On duty menu.
    I had high hopes for this menu revamp and it now appears to be more limited than I expected. I really thought it was a perfect opportunity to add this awesome capability to the game.
    Also, the addition of seals to the fate vendor sounds great and much needed tbh but it all depends on the pace at which we can expect to get those seals.
    • Like x 1
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

Not for this episode but we have plans for them after.
    • Like x 10
  8. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I have got free seals with my membership. I have always used my legendary points. I used to use them for recovery kits but those no longer exist.
  9. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Will the vault still exist? I enjoy doing it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I hope the current volume of bots and compound omegas that flow in to the game now will be maintained if not boosted. I tend to pop omegas quite liberally.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Not included as in you will include it at some point?
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

A few questions about this system.

1. On the one hand, you write that we will be able to summon an ally, on the other hand, that we will be able to use new skills ... will new skills be available to our character or will these skills be available to the summoned ally?

2. You named several allies, but most of them are heroes ... you also said that an ally will provide us with unique bonuses ... does this mean that if we want a specific bonus, then we will be forced to call a hero despite the fact that we ourselves villains? or will there be a mirror villain for each hero with the same bonuses? You have to understand that if we are limited to heroic characters then it spoils the effect of immersion in the game ...
    • Like x 1
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Neato. I'll share other observations in the apropos categories, but this does qualify as "a functional, meaningful change in game playability and approachability". Giggity.
    • Like x 2
  14. AV Loyal Player

Do you mean full access as in "right to access when buying the (kinda expensive) respec tokens" or "able to change more easily than in the past?" The cost of power respec is my core complaint with the game in that I'd love to hop around to different powers by $10 a pop is ridiculous.
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

OMZ this is Christmas in July level stuff Mepps, thank you xD
    • Like x 1
  16. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

ThankYou!

This will be great :)
    • Like x 1
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Captain Carrot?!?!!?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Nice. This is the step we needed to make artifacts affordable. With the seals on fate and +50% nth metal, rank 220 arts and 4th slot will be a possibility, maybe? I was always up for more artifact combination possibilities but seals were a limitant.
    • Like x 1
  19. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I hope the price won't be ridiculous. I'm sure it will be high, but hopefully doable for both free-to-play and members (who will be getting, what, 4X as much as F2P?). That said, this goes a LONG way to making artifacts less obnoxious. Heck, I might even start ranking mine. Maybe.
  20. zNot Loyal Player

And??? You do realize that they took core things from members away right? While buffing free members or havent you realized this yet?
    • Like x 1