Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magician Dedicated Player

As a legendary subscriber, who has maxed out slots of characters, bank, inventory...will any of those be increased with the new update or am I hosed because I already bought them?
  2. Proxystar #Perception

yeah, wonder how that is going to work now.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Account bound is the overall goal. Source Marks won't be, so you will want to claim those on the character you want them on.
    • Like x 4
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, any chance you can register as a charitable organization so I can claim my sub back in my taxes? :D :D I kid, I kid.

Will wait for more details and don't worry in all likelihood not to provide you with absolute assurance it's unlikely I'd cancel.

Thanks for the response Mepps, appreciate it
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

One thing that I see confusion on is what we mean by day 1 and day 2, etc. You don't lose a day if you miss that day. These days are not the calendar days or days of the cycle, but the days YOU personally log in.

Example:

Panderus logs in on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th day of the cycle.
    Mepps logs in on the 2nd, 5th, and 9th day of the cycle.

When Panderus logs in on the 1st and 2nd day of the cycle, he claims the rewards for Day 1 and Day 2. When he logs in on the 4th day of the cycle, he claims the rewards for Day 3. It is *his* third day logging in.

When Mepps logs in on the 2nd, he claims his Day 1 rewards. When he logs in on the 5th, he claims his Day 2 rewards. When he logs in on the 9th, he claims his Day 3 rewards. Those were *his* first, second, and third days logging in.
    • Like x 13
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Wait, so those of us who have been maxed out on inventory and bank slots for year after year after year, hoping for and waiting for year after year after year for an expansion of maximum slots, get rewarded for our years of patience with... nothing?

Why can't you increase the number of slots for EVERYONE? What is it that already maxed people will get to compensate for not getting the expected (AND DESPERATELY NEEDED AND OVERDUE FOR YEARS) slot increases?

Simply put, why can't you just give us those (did I mention desperately needed if one wants to carry trinkets and consumables and artifacts, etc.?) additional slots everyone else is getting.

Mind, I'm grateful for most of what I'm seeing and am not commenting on most of it until I see how it works out. Besides, there will be no shortage of opinions. :)
    • Like x 3
  7. Secret Son of Krypton Level 30

I have read your update post probably three times now and I love a lot of what you guys are doing, great work. As a paying member I still feel that I'm being shortchanged on paying for the game, I understand you guys are trying to offer a lot but it just feels like we as the members are being shortchanged. Something like with greater access to certain Styles, along those lines, would feel more like our paid membership having a bit more worth. But otherwise I'm looking forward to the new changes.
    • Like x 2
  8. myandria Item Storage

Well, I find that quite interesting. The last time I had to let my membership lapse was a few years ago (had to change my card number/expiry date) I lost access to the 2 paid character slots and half of all of my inventory slots, which included the ones I paid for at that time. I asked other players if any of them had the same issue and I got more than a few "yes" answers. That was my first and last experience of that, because I have kept up my membership since then. I will make note of your response so I will know what to do if I run into that issue again.

Thank you for the answer for the daily log ins, as some games will still make you log in for consecutive days in order to get that bonus.
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The idea of making all older content relevant is needed. Eso. FF. Etc. All do this. Players will need to adjust and get used to it. Ive been playing FF recently and people like going back and running old stuff to help noobies. Its so much less toxic. Hopefully players here can learn that and the game will be healthier.

Having rewards for all for old content is great. But may i suggest you add a system like FF commendation system. It gives end game players an incentive basically to be nice to newer players. Just a thought.
    • Like x 2
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Aw. No more hamill in the vault. Well. Ya pays ya money ya takes ya chances
    • Like x 2
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Can you not please.
    • Like x 3
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

Agreed. It's not a "perk" for those of us already maxxed out.
    • Like x 4
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That makes more sense. So is it built around a calendar, like where the 1st day of the month could only be day 1, or could I be on sign-in day 18 of the previous month....now having to play catch up for next month? If not calendar based (for the 'start' of the cycle), what do you figure will be the start/finish point? Every 4 reset weeks? New moon? My lady's 'no no' time?:p
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

All I need to know, with the Promethium Lockboxes going away and their Exclusive Items going elsewhere, is where I can go to get that damned Ultra Rare Demon's Tail Waist Style I need to complete one of my characters, and WHEN can I go to get it? :confused:
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Agreed 1,000,000%! I need MORE Bank Slots, both Shared and Regular, and MORE Inventory Slots, and MORE Character Slots! And I think many here are in the same boat!
    • Like x 4
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think you've read it completely backwards to what we meant to communicate. People at the current maximum number of slots will have a higher maximum once these changes roll out. Everyone does get more slots, and then members get more on top of that.
    • Like x 11
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The cycle will likely reset every 30 days. If you subscribe in the middle of the cycle/month, you will only be able to get as far as there are days left on that cycle.
    • Like x 5
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Have a question mepps. Currently we are able to run the vault and stabilizer on multiple toons allowing us to get them all their own set of nth that can’t be traded. Only useable by that alt. Some players have 1 toon others have 3 (1 of each. And some have 20.

The daily login is stated to be claimable on 1 toon only with some of the content being set to account bound. How will much of a loss can these players expect who do run the vault and stabilizer daily on multiple toons? Is there any plans on making a separate daily login just for the nth?

If there aren’t any plans to do that, can it be made to have nth be collected from the daily login for each alt and make it none traceable?
    • Like x 3
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Thank you very much for the clarification, as this is what I was hoping to hear! :D
    • Like x 1
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

I made sure that this was called out specifically to be added to the Fate store.
    • Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.