Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LegionFan New Player

I saw in the screen shot for Fate's Daily Rewards the warning that only one character per account can claim the reward. Does that mean all Fate's rewards are available across all characters on the account like Source Marks, Replay Badges, and Stabilizers?
  2. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

There is no way that makes up for the stuff we already have now currently.. Im already maxed out on slots what is the real incentive?
  3. Proxystar #Perception

which extra currency?
  4. Apollo Starr Active Player

I agree with what has been stated above. The explanation given does not incentivize paying for a legendary membership. Bank and inventory slots alone are not worth my yearly subscription, I can buy them for less and keep them. Replays, again purchase as needed. Content and cash availability is the same for legendary and premium. Being legendary should make you feel like you are getting your money’s worth. I love playing the game, but if I can do the same things and save my money, I will. Like Proxystar, I too am considering ending my legendary subscription and going premium after 10 years. I don’t have to buy episodes and I have access to all my earned cash. I need to see what is offered before making my decision. Extra Artifact XP is nowhere near the value of these things. And if my daily rewards are proto bank bots or mailbots, that is just an insult. I hope these rewards prove me wrong, or I will become a premium member for the first time.

A concerned legendary member,

Apollo Starr
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The 50k for F2P and unlimited for premiums. No more 2k restrictions on vendor items if that's the case....meaning maybe we get a bit of a 'cash' sink unless our payouts will also be going up for everything (big mistake if so).

I was wondering the same thing.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Oh that currency I thought he maybe meant marks
    • Like x 1
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The Fate currency, there will be a Fate vendor which will at least of Seals of Completion and so far we only know that the Fate currency is earned through the daily log in rewards.

You may have already talked about it, too many posts to follow up on, if you did ignore this.
  8. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

I feeeel like, with the changes, Free/Premium gives you full access to the game, while Legendary subscription will help you more with the grind, and the quality of life stuff like item slots is better.

I too am not sure if it's really worth it. Gonna try it out the first month and see how it goes.

But one suggestion is to give Legendary members "first dibs" on certain things? Like... I dunno, if the game had a new league hall pet like Krypto... make it available to Legendary first and then available for everyone else like one, three, six months later?
  9. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

I would swear that the DBG team attended an industry conference or something as this is becoming the standard in all games. A few others that I play already have daily login incentives and it seems to be increasing the traffic to the game. One of those games is older than DCUO but slightly younger than EQ.
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

First let me start by saying I love practically everything I read I’m stoked for all these changes both as they are implemented in episode 41 and what they can/will bring to the game moving forward from there.

My one “they really missed the boat” issue is not including quarks with membership benefits. Purchasing boatloads of TC’s or trading in tens of thousands of source marks should not be the only means of being able to save up for the most expensive quarks vendor items in under three years time.

Other than that, great job on everything, sincerely!
    • Like x 3
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Oh yeah, I knew that, Hurricane was talking about vendor prices going up and I wasn't sure whether he was talking about cash seemingly or marks.

Curiously I guess and you obviously can't answer this it's more at the devs, but if we can endlessly farm source marks now in older content, I wonder if the price of catalysts and source mark rewards are going to go up, Mepps perhaps you can answer this if you see it.
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

There is still that new vendor coming from Charon dealing with leveling up pets. They could easily turn that into source marks being the primary mark sink for that now that they are unlimited.
    • Like x 5
  13. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

Point of order - This is a description of upcoming changes to the game, not a set of runes being carved into stone. If the Development team sees membership numbers drop, they will add incentives. If Legendary players make an effort to applaud the efforts of the Development team for the positive changes but point out ways to improve Legendary membership perks even more, they will listen.

I have had a subscription since before there was a DCUO with my Sony All-Access and have no plans to discontinue it. I believe that the perks as described offer me value for my money, the cost of 3 or 4 cups of coffee.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Right - the member row of that daily login reward is where you trade at most $5 in value (that you haven't lost in any way, just others have it too) for $60 in widgets and currency and stuff you were going to buy or grind, and complain about not getting fast enough anyway.

Again, it will be more clear when we roll out the specifics - grant you that.

Numbers aside - this is still the point. The cash cap isn't strangling you anymore. It can't hurt you. You're safe now. Play without membership (and feel silly doing it, hopefully) if you want or need to. Maybe sub up just to support the game, anyway, if that math really isn't convincing.
    • Like x 7
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This will be talked about later, but the short, vague answer is in many different ways.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

First of all - members don't lose anything they purchase in the marketplace - only the slots and things that are granted as part of membership when membership lapses. That's just not how it works.

For the daily logins, you get stuff any/every day you log in each cycle/month/30 days. Our values and expectations are based on you logging in for 20 of those days, because sometimes (for some reason, idk) people have other stuff they have to do.
    • Like x 7
  17. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Will the "fate tokens" and anything related be character specific or account bound?
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I was waiting for this one! Surprised it took all day.

These new member benefits are meant to replace the free access to all episodes (which now everyone has) and the unlimited cash cap (which now premium players also have).

To use either your free access to all episodes or the unlimited cash cap previously, you had to log in to do it. Membership costs the same whether you log in every day or no days at all, and that hasn't changed one bit.

(Now you still get to play all of the episodes and have an unlimited cash cap, and you get more inventory/bank/shared bank slots, +50% bonus on xp drops, AND $60 more out of the daily login system. Just for logging in as a member!)
    • Like x 8
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Guess I was wrong....it was marks. I still do wonder if we'll get higher vendor prices to syphon off some cash.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

From the looks of the graph, it looks like some days pay more than others(i.e. day 4 and day 7), will these 'fat' days be on the same look lock schedule, resetting at loot reset, or will they be available for more than the 24 hour period? I ask because if there are 'fat' days, all 20 days are not created equal and maybe you are going to be out for the 'better' days.

Example, the 3K XP drop in the vault is available for the full week, whether you run 1 min after reset on Thurs or 5 min before reset the next wed or anywhere in between. As long as you get in that week, you get the 3K. You miss out on the daily rewards (as you should) but the more attractive reward is available for a longer period.

EDIT: How about those 'fat' days being a weekly reward we can claim all week(one time of course), with the more average rewards being reset at loot reset?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.