Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes to your inventory question - right on.

When mailing cash comes back, you will have full access to it. That issue has not yet been resolved.
    • Like x 5
  2. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Just wanted to also point out, if there is no loot lock outs people are going to be spamming a certain type of content and disregarding other. It might encourage people to run more different content by keeping the lockout. Maybe it should be less than weekly but it should still exist i think it will keep people running different stuff, rather than spamming the fastest thing to get marks.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Like I mentioned before, that scenario you describe is not the goal or target for this stat clamping. You will still over-gear/over-cr the content to a certain point. We'll have more to share at a later time.
    • Like x 9
  4. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

As legendary member for almost consecutive for 10 years straight, i think my opinion has some impact here..

For someone who already has most the bank slots and inventory slots maxed out there isnt much incentive for 10 year LEGENDARY MEMBER(ALMOST A DECADE CONSECUTIVELY).. THE ONLY INCENTIVE interesting enough is the 3x Bonus.. Which to me IMO should be the weakest INCENTIVE.. I still do not understand whats the issue with giving out MORE REPLAY badges for MEMBERS?? We want to RUN RAIDS,ELITE AND BOUNTIES FOR majority of play time.. Just allow us to play content longer without so much THRESHOLD headaches.. Encourage HOURS OF PLAY.. the only way we can do that is by INCREASING the REPLAY VALUE for LEGENDARY. That would REALLY MAKE IT SILLY not to SUB UP..

its hard to grind in a game when everything is behind a WALL.. LEGENDARY MEMBERS experience should NO DOUBT be heavily eased up playing the game with longer play time..

I know this sounds crazy.. How about daily 3000xp Gold NTH metal with a chance for 10,000xp gold nth metal. WIth the massive amount of ARTIFACTS coming out there is no way we can KEEP UP.. Too many GOOD artifacts that keep requiring HEFTY leveling up(1.8mill XP).. You guys are only going to keep creating better artifacts as time goes by.. That amount of XP to catch up to per new artifact release is almost INSANE. lol Assuming everyone MAX levels up a new artifact every other new artifact release.

BTW this is not a complaint.. I never usually complain... I always usually offer positive constructive feedback..
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Individual, hour-based resets are the worst. The days will flip over for everyone at the normal loot lockout reset time - so you just have to log in each calendar day. If you want to log in at 1:55AM to claim yesterday's, and wait to 2:05AM to claim the next day's, that's fine.
    • Like x 9
  6. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

All maps are not created EQUAL
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You will still need to reach a minimum combat rating to play content. Combat Rating Relevancy will be removed - so every piece of content in the not-end-game will reward you full Source Marks, even if it is old.
    • Like x 3
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

They will become loot pinatas. You will be able to open them or convert them in some way to a box that contains vault-like rewards.
    • Like x 10
  9. inferno Loyal Player

Perfect!! Thank you.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

PUGGing content while having it become a train wreck because inexperienced players are incapable of playing or observing mechanics isn't going to be pretty either.

If the stat clamp point isn't at a good spot like you've also suggested then my fear is this is going to have the opposite effect people probably want, the best players in the game won't blind queue old content anymore unless they're feeling a little masochistic.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There are rewards specific to using quick play/omnibus to encourage people to at least not do that all the time.

That said, the point may be to let you play the huge, diverse game we have (and not just a couple of end game instances) for rewards, but if that's not your thing and you want to play Oolong Island all day long, you go for it.
    • Like x 6
  12. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Well...

I am torn about these membership changes. A part of me is happy for Free and Premium players, because they definitely benefitted from the new changes and I am happy for them. The other part of me is not so happy because subscribing members did not benefit as much.

Even though members will get more inventory space, they will still lose their "purchased" spaces if they let their membership lapse. Same thing goes for purchased character spaces. Members are penalized for purchasing extra character/inventory spaces because they cannot keep them forever if their membership lapses; they lose both the purchased AND the member level granted inventory/character spaces/. I expect to lose the member level ones if I go Premium but it is a hard pill to swallow to also have to lose the ones that I paid real money for. "Sigh" Oh well, I guess I am locked in to keeping the membership for this game until I decide not to play it anymore.

In short; very nice changes but they do not change much for me.

Question:

Is the 20-day log in cycle consecutive days, or 20 days in total before the month ends?
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Well I can finally stop subscribing. Not worth subbing anymore. I'll keep playing for sure, but with these new "benefits" I'll be able to save that money for some of the other games coming up I want to play. Thank you
  14. inferno Loyal Player

Topic: Ally

In searching for Allies, how is that accomplished? Do you unlock them by doing specific missions? Or will they be under RNG under specific missions?
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

In the words of the great T.O.M. Bot: "If I EVER go back to Oolong Island, it'll be too soon. Am I right?"
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I think I need to reserve my judgement of this system largely until I know exactly what is on that Fate vendor and how much of an advantage the additional member daily rewards provides via that special vendor i.e. pricing etc.

Without seeing those figures and actual items it's difficult to give more meaningful feedback

For the first time in 10 years I'm actually genuinely considering cancelling membership, which should say something, that isn't to say I have an intention to cancel short term, I'm just trying to be honest. It's literally a cost analysis to me now, it sensibly can't be anything other than that, given these changes.

Most other benefits are rather diminishing or negligible to me given previous purchases and length of time playing the game; so to me at least based on what I can tell, the Fate Vendor and Daily log in rewards are entirely where any value in me remaining a member hinges at least from my perspective.
    • Like x 4
  17. Tree Well-Known Player

I can seriously empathize with you because I was a member, unsubscribed because of personal things, returned to the game as Premium after a couple of months away, and was greeted with a beyond full inventory and bank. This is the same inventory and bank that I also purchased additional slots for. I wish something could be done for our case, I think it's unfair, to be honest. The new announcement is driving me to resubscribe, however. Kudos to the Devs.
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

So are vendor prices going up?
  19. Daposhon New Player

Why as a paying member we have to log in 20 days out of a cycle to reap the benefits when you will take the money out of our accounts for being a member whether we log in everyday or not?
    I just don’t see how this is benefiting the legendary members who have been using legendary to be exclusive from everyone else. Legendary members are constantly being milk for money with no benefits
    Now they are on the same level across the board.
    Premium shouldn’t have full access to cash IMO.
    I was thinking maybe Legendary members should at least be able to open up time capsules like we did the Promethium Lockboxes.
    There should be a distinguished difference in the different membership levels.
    Mepps can you further explain please.
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I wonder if vendor prices will go up to with all this extra currency they are throwing around?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.