DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are always working on it. If you have examples, please report them in the bug forum.
    • Like x 2
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

The only thing that could have made this announcement better to me is a PvP update. I'm actually ecstatic for the first time in a WHILE. This is almost everything I've been waiting for and more for the last 5 years!

No cash cap for premium players and a reasonable cash cap (wouldn't have to sell soders to repair gear) for free players?Check!

Free episodes and encouraging more play? Check!

Making your fantastic content RELEVANT and fun for new players? Check!! Seriously it's a crime that the DLC from 2012-2015 just became irrelevant. As I'll be starting on a new character, I also really appreciate being able to do older content without endgame players literally nuking everything.

- I do hope the stat clamp isn't too severe only because I understand the concern for getting feats after you've leveled up a bit. But it is so unfair that a new player can't enjoy a story because vets want to clear it in 10 secs. Maybe premade groups don't need to deal with clamp?

Daily login rewards? Check!

A new hub? Check!

- Does this mean that villains and heroes can actually communicate with each beyond versus chat? Or is versus automatically turned on in this zone? Haven't really played in a couple of years so I'm unclear.

A companion system?????? You've outdone yourselves.

No CR? Check!

No loot locks for old content and full source marks? Check!

Reinstalling now.
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You do realize that members get both rewards right. So rewards for free members and members.
    • Like x 1
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Couldn't agree more.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

There’s always that small group of people who are always bitter about everything lol
    • Like x 4
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Heroes and villains can already talk to each other. They still cannot group beyond the on duty menu, though.
    • Like x 4
  7. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

been playing since beta , i grew up on this game and the ONLY game that i love to play daily , this post made me tear up , thank u so much . i will always support u guys for ever .

Thank you big time.
    • Like x 6
  8. Flying F0X New Player

I am very excited, this looks like a massive undertaking. I'm guessing a livestream going over details will be on the horizon?
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

• Like x 9
  10. Ivyy Alluree New Player

I see where y’all are trying to go with this but I don’t agree with taking away CR. So many people have worked so hard for the CR including me, and y’all going to take it away. I understand trying to make everything equal for people but, there has to be another way. Y’all can keep all the other ideas except taking away CR. Like please.
  11. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

If there's a chance for mixed faction grouping/ LFG and possibly even league membership in the future, that would be absolutely amazing.
    • Like x 4
  12. Apollo Starr Active Player

I have been a member since the beginning of the game. Over the years I have played almost continuously. As a 10 year legendary member, I do not feel the update warrants continued membership. As TheWrecker stated, I can continue to play as a premium and play all the content and keep my unlimited cash. Legendary members deserve more than this. Now maybe the daily reward system will prove me wrong, but I don’t see it.

Additionally, I am concerned about stat clamping. We tried this before and it was quickly changed, due to feedback. I feel sorry for lower level players who will not benefit. High levels will exclude them for players with better stats and understanding of the mechanics.

Overall, I like the concept and look forward to see it live. But I will wait and see on the rewards for Legendary and how much we will be stat clamped. With hope it will be great for everyone. If not I will become a premium player, who can play everything and buy everything.

Just one Legendary Memebrs opinion.

Apollo Starr
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Some questions and feedback while it's fresh on my mind:

1.) Are stabilizer fragments gonna be bought with the fate currency since the duo is going away?

2.) If so, what's the price? How many marks of fate will it be for fragments.

And.. 3.) If Fragments are in the vendor as implied... please just swap it out for an actual stabilizer key.

Fragments need to either be login rewards only or they need to go and just be keys.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Fragments will be part of the daily login rewards that you just get, along with the vendor currency. For the vendor stuff, we don't have anything to share on amounts or costs yet. It is all being worked out.
    • Like x 7
  15. Aren Sul Committed Player

HOLY BUCKET OF FISH, BATMAN!
    • Like x 2
  16. ChristianJsonDCUO New Player

This really does feel like a new era for DCUO. Almost too much to take in, i would say. Feels like a huge event where we have come together to defeat a common enemy which would take the combined might of heroes and villains from worlds and places over. It will truly feel like a battle whoever this multiversal threat is. Not gonna lie, lowkey getting shivers :/
    • Like x 4
  17. Tree Well-Known Player

My hot-take: I support the stat clamp for not-end-game! We, end-game people, already have augments, artifacts, our rotations, general knowledge, and skill with the game. I think going back and doing not-end-game with a stat clamp is a great idea, Devs.

My question: And I have to ask, could Promethium Lockbox rewards like the fancy styles, *auras*, unique base items, and useful consumables make a return in the not-end-game loot pool for the end-game players? If not, then where are they going to be? And finally, what else could be on the loot table for the not-end-game content other than those shiny Source Marks, of course!

HUGE things, I'm excited!!!!!
    • Like x 3
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The only question I have about the quick que feature is if this allows forced ques too?
    • Like x 5
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The lockbox contents will likely/mostly move to the new daily reward/Fate vendor.
    • Like x 8
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As in without a full group? No, this is not included.
    • Like x 3