DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Awesome very similar to ESO daily rewards but very awesome this is allot to take it lol but very impressed and can't wait.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So it sounds like Free players make out great. Members make out great. Premiums.....not so much. The unlimited cash is nice, but semi pointless if trade cash is still blocked once you get to the higher numbers.

Besides the fact that the money already dumped into the game for DLCs and ultimate bundle are now wiped clean, now the 5 or 10 bucks spent on the lair and utility belt are as well. Jeesh, those at least could have been left for the F2P to buy. I get it...they are not members, but there was a decision made to make an investment in the game that was supposed to be a permanent benefit vs a rotating charge...and while it's no longer a rotating charge (via membership), it's pretty well wasted money now as everyone is being granted these things.

It also looks like premiums are lumped into the same tier as the frees on the daily rewards. Again, F2P have spent less than 5$ on the game....most premiums have spent 100s or 1000s between DLCs, replays, upgrades and artis.

Premiums have spent a ton of money on the game...this feels like a bit of a slight.
    • Like x 2
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

How far down the line is dr fate with the ally system? He’s skipped over alot but i feel like he has a pretty solid fan base

Also… i cant find any pictures of tempus having 2 hands
    • Like x 2
  4. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Uh, I have a complaint. A massive complaint.

I want this to start Today.

That's all I got. Sorry. I love everything about this.
    • Like x 6
  5. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

THANK YOU (^_^) <333
  6. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Thanks Panderus - the amount of effort all this must have taken is staggering.
    • Like x 2
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Sorry for mentioning it in this thread of good things to come..... but.... have you asked Digital Extremes if you can license their Kickbot to use in DCUO? (to squash the gold spammers in chat channels) Does EG7 have a chat monitoring tool to be used in DCUO?

meanwhile, for this thread: [IMG]
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Imo free members got way more then i expected the fact that episodes are free shouldve been enough and the cashcap increase too maybe but the rest is a overkill and i expected more for the members.

Cashcap and episodes were the main reason why people subed taking this away for some currency is such a bad tradeoff and not worth to pay for imo depending on how this daily login thingy is i may just stay premium.
  9. devsaregood New Player

Is that really it for membership rewards?

I thought the point was to make membership worth it? this makes F2P much better and removes the need to buy membership as all it offers in replacement to episodes is some extra currency and more art exp.

Allies system sounds goofy, was anyone asking for this? I don't really care about summoning Batman to my side I want to focus on my character.. sounds like this is going to be pushed as some important endgame feature but I don't care at all.
  10. TheSuperPhantomBoy Level 30

What is that answer ?:(
  11. Eve YouTuber

-
    • Like x 2
  12. TheSuperPhantomBoy Level 30

Oh Thanks Zoe :)
  13. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

2 things:
    1) How expensive are we talking here? Maybe you can get 1 seal of completion every 3 months? 2 months? 1.76 weeks?
    2) What else is on this vendor that we are being secretive of?
  14. Zhouz Well-Known Player

Logged in to the forums for the first time since 2015 to say: this sounds awesome.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Which is not needed nor has been asked for. Getting the materials isn't the problem and you not addressing what I wrote just screams of the reason that there isn't a change. There's really no incentive to pay anymore especially since you didn't improve the artifact system for members at all. I'm just so disappointed. I just feel like you guys dropped the ball so much here on memberships. I see I see no incentive for me to continue to pay to play this game I've already spent money so I've got unlimited money now because I'll be premium. I was hoping you were going to give me a reason with these new membership revamp. not requiring breakthroughs or free seals for members would have been a great start. I really love this game I've poured a lot of time and money into it. I guess that's why I'm so very very disappointed. And still no mention of a next-gen upgrade. Disappointed is not a strong enough word to describe how I feel. I appreciate the response God bless you sir.
    • Like x 2
  16. HadleyVeritas New Player

BRAVO!!
    Since the moment you opened the episodes when the pandemic first struck I knew you guys were on the right path. That alone made me get my membership for pure thankfulness. Now I see I made no mistake. You are actually getting your goal, making a membership not "mandatory" per se (cus it kinda was before), but quite appealing to get the most out of the game. Thank you! And awesome work
  17. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

No sir you did not improve the artifact leveling system at all.. earning the materials is not the problem the seals required to not lose them on a breakthrough is the problem. You guys squandered a great opportunity here. There's really no reason for me to play to play this game anymore.
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Wow, this is a lot to take in, a lot.

i like it, looking forward to this.
  19. NightwingsBeyond Well-Known Player

Wow! Thaht is a lot! so i was playing for 8 years and then i stop. Seeing this after a 3 years brake, i may consider coming back fully!!!
    • Like x 3
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I like what I've read from all of this, I truly do.

But I'm hoping yall stay the course and don't cancel the changes to old content because some people are mad over the stat-clamping requirement.

Find a workaround like Portals for people who wanna solo run it if yall can, but... please stay the course on this.

Old Content not being ran and Content Relevancy Windows have been a stain on this game for 7 years, these issues need to be resolved.
    • Like x 6